Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is my question/s: so about 10 of my buddies and I (plus GF's) have reserved 2camp sites in the Nat'l forrest for the weekend. we just want to camp, have a good time, and watch the race. to get back and forth from the forrest to the festival and to the racing we want to bring our four wheelers. is it going to be ok to ride them to the festival and back and on the dirt roads in the forest? what about up to the trail? we want to be able to ride up to a good spot, off the side of the race corse, to watch and so we can move to different spots along the corse. is this going to be possible??? its a long ass walk from the camp site to the top of rocky mount. and def dont want to have to walk from the trail head to the top. this is a big concern. let me know if you can. thanks -j
you can only ride 4 wheelers on the trails, not any rds.
You can ride the trails to find a good spot. we hope you will do this before the racing begins. We will also have a few times to move in or out during race.General traffic on RCK MT LOOP (race course) will be ''restricted'' during the race.For safetys sake...please follow the restrictions.All other trails will be open, and a few intersect RCKY MT LOOP. we will have these areas taped off when racing is happening.
There are tons of spots to watch at on RMLOOP we ask that you stay a safe distance from the track and not hinder the racers.
We will have some shuttling available from the festivities to the race course.Or you may drive and park along side the roads. I will reserve a few choice spots along the race route. These areas will be marked, and are for race workers.(medical/vehicle assistance)

Also, if you plan on going to the festival, you should save a buck or two and get the tix. now at the web-site.It will cost more on race weekend.

ALSO NOTE...There will be a lot of traffic on the rds that weekend...Everyone be careful!!

yeah went back and read this whole long thing, and found the answer on like 20-23. dont get me wrong we are not "those guys" i personaly dont like seeing 4 wheelers at uharrie when i'm there wheeling. i also want to say that we have no intention of disrupting the race or participating in any other foolish redneck activity. just wanting to find out if we could ride the bikes along the corse and park at off-trail spectating spots. its just going to suck to have to walk from the camp sites we have to the trail and then to the top of kodak and around the trail. w/ the girls and stuff its going to get whinny quick. its hard enough to talk them into coming along for this. so you want to make their experiance comfortable as possible. and i'm not going to lie, my fat ass is not in all that good of shape to be hikeing all around i would just rather use the quads. but if its to much hastle we'll leave them at home. i'm not going to bring them if we cant use them. might bring the 50's instead :D

sean mention'd the 7"x7" hard plastic number plates will be going out this week.
Any ideas on attaching them? screws and nails would piss my truck off and probabley hurt her:lol:
ducttape is so getto(for that purpose only:flipoff2:)
two sided tape will just peel off my $2.49 paint:shaking:

so whatcha think?:popcorn:

yeah went back and read this whole long thing, and found the answer on like 20-23. dont get me wrong we are not "those guys" i personaly dont like seeing 4 wheelers at uharrie when i'm there wheeling. i also want to say that we have no intention of disrupting the race or participating in any other foolish redneck activity. just wanting to find out if we could ride the bikes along the corse and park at off-trail spectating spots. its just going to suck to have to walk from the camp sites we have to the trail and then to the top of kodak and around the trail. w/ the girls and stuff its going to get whinny quick. its hard enough to talk them into coming along for this. so you want to make their experiance comfortable as possible. and i'm not going to lie, my fat ass is not in all that good of shape to be hikeing all around i would just rather use the quads. but if its to much hastle we'll leave them at home. i'm not going to bring them if we cant use them. might bring the 50's instead :D
bring the quads..it's cool. I was'nt saying you were ''those guys'' I just threw that out there for all to see.:beer:

sean mention'd the 7"x7" hard plastic number plates will be going out this week.
Any ideas on attaching them? screws and nails would piss my truck off and probabley hurt her:lol:
ducttape is so getto(for that purpose only:flipoff2:)
two sided tape will just peel off my $2.49 paint:shaking:
so whatcha think?:popcorn:
They have 4 holes in them at the corners. Maybe zip ties will work...thats my plan anyway.

thought of zipties also but I'd need like 4' zipties:driver:

I'm thinking the nails would hold better:beer:

I'm planning to use 1 bolt and matching nut. :driver: It will be held in place by G-forces alone.

Does this mean that numbers have already been designated? Does that deetermine the racing order?

The numbers are on the web-site in the order that ya signed up. I hope we dont have to race in that order, but thats what I've heard. I will try to lobby against it.

Hey Sean,
Have all the racer's packets been sent out? I haven't gotten mine yet, just wonderin'.:confused:

It will be held in place by G-forces alone.
on the side of your truck?? those could be bad G-forces:lol:

I think the starting order should be drawn,somehow..... this would be fairer.

And when will tech and signup be? noticed earlier that racing will start about noon on friday.

It will take awhile to register and tech 160 vehicles.Not to mention a hell of traffic jam at tech.

The numbers are on the web-site in the order that ya signed up. I hope we dont have to race in that order, but thats what I've heard. I will try to lobby against it.
I’m pretty sure that teams ‘Double Trouble’ & ‘Big Yellow’ (#220 & 221) will NOT want the vehicles to go in their numbered order, seeing as how the two teams are one-and-the-same, with the Driver & Co-Driver switching seats and taking a turn at the wheel IN THE SAME RIG.

Cheers!
Smiley

I’m pretty sure that teams ‘Double Trouble’ & ‘Big Yellow’ (#220 & 221) will NOT want the vehicles to go in their numbered order, seeing as how the two teams are one-and-the-same, with the Driver & Co-Driver switching seats and taking a turn at the wheel IN THE SAME RIG.
Cheers!
Smiley
Very good point indeed.:beer:

on the side of your truck?? those could be bad G-forces:lol:
I think the starting order should be drawn,somehow..... this would be fairer.
And when will tech and signup be? noticed earlier that racing will start about noon on friday.
It will take awhile to register and tech 160 vehicles.Not to mention a hell of traffic jam at tech.

In reality...tech will probably take place during the 7 to 10 min. before you race.(7 to 10 min between racers)
If anyone fails, just fix and fall in line at the back.

I like the new Racer's Rigs "Hey, :fuck-you: if ya don't submit a photo!" pic :lol:

Cheers!
Smiley

I like the new Racer's Rigs "Hey, :fuck-you: if ya don't submit a photo!" pic :lol:
Cheers!
Smiley

Dude, I plan to beat the piss out of my pink Barbie Jeep

I know the course is going to be rocky mountain loop, but is it the whole trail(since there are road crossings) or is it just part of the trail, just want to know so i can go check out the course bedore the race, thanks:beer:

need to check out one of the entrants into the stock class (109).He has listed his Zuki as having a locker in his rear axle.Is this optional equipment from the dealership or factory? If not is he planning on removing said locker before the race?

" Rear Traction Control" I'm pretty sure they are refering to a limited slip or a locker that was offered as a factory option. I am fairly confident that Suzuki didn't offer a lockright, ARB, Aussie Locker, E-locker, Detriot, or Welded Diff as a factory option for their line of small SUV's. If he added an aftermarket locker to his truck, He needs to move to the correct race class. I believe this was covered in one of the previous 620 posts

Just my $.02

I don't want to open pandora's box here, but when I called Sean D on Tuesday about registering, he said stock was basically anything with 33" tires or less, he said a locker was ok. He said they were just going by tire size, somebody let me and the others know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back