Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
X2. NEVER question safety... Seen a woman killed before. Not a pretty sight!:shaking:

X2. Seen someone fall 50' to the concrete floor and land 5' away from me. dead as hell. All proper safety measures were taken, training, etc., but in the end, it was the lack of utilization that landed him 6ft under.

Point is, you must act on all of your safety regulations or its just as bad as not having any at all

How are you going to get the spectators to the event. it is a long walk?

also if the trails are not closed may be I will decide to drive my J10 thru the course for fun after all. That way I get the same experince and since I am not going to win any way then I will not have to pay the fee. :driver:

As a matter of fact then I can run all of the courses not just one :D

Also On a busy weekend daniel and Kodak can be a real cluster f...k.

I am all for this event but it sounds like there should have been alot more planning before it was anounced. .02

Also On a busy weekend daniel and Kodak can be a real cluster f...k.

I am all for this event but it sounds like there should have been alot more planning before it was anounced. .02

X2
You and I have set at Kodak for 2 hrs or more in a line of 25 rigs I don't know how many times......... And they plan to run how fast with how many rigs past that point and you will still have bikes and ATV's and other rigs wanting to come down Kodak......

Need more planning.....

A lot of this concerns me also,I know all about the traffic jams and such.
Also if this is a timed event and you come up on someone broke or stuck,your screwed.
There are not many places to pull over like say between the beginning of daniel and the hill,there is a spot at the switchback to get rigs off the trail,and maybe one at the last left before the top,but that'll make turning for longer wheelbases tough......
And ramps for stock trucks :wtf: if they put something like that at the ledge,it'll make a heck of a launching ramp :driver:
..........that would be cool tho':lol:
Just one punctured sidewall one an open/open rig or one locker rig will make a heck of a show,it'll be atleast a 5 min. deal to change and that's with onboard air etc.
By the time you get out,secure rig,get spare pull out impact and hose,get out hilift etc....
So the person behind them might get pissed when their time sucks because of piss poor planning.
What if someone gets the front off the ground and pulls a front driveshaft out or apart,they break a u-joint.If they are mad cause their junk broke and can't or won't pull their pile off the trail(if theres room) once again the person behind them is screwed.
Also alot of folks don't know how to fix their own junk,so will there be a plan for that?
And I'm sure that a gentle nudge from behind from the front bumper of a stranger,as they dent their DD just about would start a fight.........all tho' it's part of racing:flipoff2:
enough of that crap,so.....
After making it thru daniel,that stage would be over right?surely they won't run every one timed on gravel forest roads over to Rockymount,that would be just plain dangerous.
Sorry about long rant but these are some concerns.
Doug

yea, i dont exactly wanna walk from the parking lot all the way to kodak. so will i be able to drive up there and just park on the bypass to watch or should everybody just start gettin in shape for the hike?

They are running Rocky Mt. loop...intersections at the trail will be blocked while the event is going on...I would think most people would understand this..sorta like going to your local park and they are having an event. Do you run up in the middle of it and start raising hell? If they do we'll allow them to go where they need to go when it's safe. There will be obstacles to slow speeds down, RML is nowhere near as fast or dangerous as Daniel.
There will be shuttles from parking areas, ever been to a golf tournament? Yes, you will have to walk some, don''t like it, don't go. Funny I read this and a lot of the questions are posed by people who either won't enter or won't go. Suggestions are nice, hating is why this has never been attempted.

x2, and as far the whole running up on someone else during the race problem we've got that worked out, and yes if someone breaks down were gonna have "tow" vehicles to pull/drag/whatever them outta the way if they can't move on there own.

and if some dumba$$ in there stock DD complains about getting scratched or w/e thats there problem, they shouldn't have signed up for a friggin OFF ROAD RACE . . . races are held at high speeds and can dangerous to you and def your rig, if someone doesn't realize this well they shouldn't have entered . . .

They are running Rocky Mt. loop...intersections at the trail will be blocked while the event is going on...I would think most people would understand this..sorta like going to your local park and they are having an event. Do you run up in the middle of it and start raising hell? If they do we'll allow them to go where they need to go when it's safe. There will be obstacles to slow speeds down, RML is nowhere near as fast or dangerous as Daniel.
There will be shuttles from parking areas, ever been to a golf tournament? Yes, you will have to walk some, don''t like it, don't go. Funny I read this and a lot of the questions are posed by people who either won't enter or won't go. Suggestions are nice, hating is why this has never been attempted.
i understand completely that i may have to walk. i didnt mean to sound like the a-hole thats gonna drive up into the middle of everything. i was just wonderin if drivin to the point where i'd like to watch and parking out of the way was an option. if not, oh well ill be ok. cant wait to see how this whole event works out. i'll deff. be there (even if i do have to walk a little :D )

My biggest question is what is to be done with broken vehicles?

Ricky told me that they were just gonna get "pulled off the side in the woods." This to me doesnt sound right. With all of the recent eco nazi stuff how is that going to look good on us to have a "tow vehicle" parked off trail in the woods and driving around off trail to tow vehicles out of the way? That seems like alot of off trail driving. Also...there are some places that a tow vehicle cannot get to tow someone off the trail (above the ledge on daniel....how is a tow vehicle going to get by someone to tow them up or down? Where are they going to put the vehicles? What happens if there is more than one breakage there, the tow vehicle will not be able to get by the first broken vehicle that he towed off into the woods somewhere back down the single track trail?)

My biggest question is what is to be done with broken vehicles?

Ricky told me that they were just gonna get "pulled off the side in the woods." This to me doesnt sound right. With all of the recent eco nazi stuff how is that going to look good on us to have a "tow vehicle" parked off trail in the woods and driving around off trail to tow vehicles out of the way? That seems like alot of off trail driving. Also...there are some places that a tow vehicle cannot get to tow someone off the trail (above the ledge on daniel....how is a tow vehicle going to get by someone to tow them up or down? Where are they going to put the vehicles? What happens if there is more than one breakage there, the tow vehicle will not be able to get by the first broken vehicle that he towed off into the woods somewhere back down the single track trail?)
We are now racing Rocky mt. loop.This trail lends itself to the race a little more regarding pull off spots/spectator locations/ access /slower speeds.
Just like trail riding, broke vehicle needing repairs will be drivers responsibilities, it will be up to the competitors, in the spirit of competiton, to be accountable for getting out of the way, and repairing, and moving on in a timely manner, once truck is repaired. You may have to wait for flag man to clear you before you can get to the nearest trail exit or end of course.

wonder if it could be done with some sort of checkpoint system, so if you do get caught behind a broken down rig, you could stop your time and once its out of the way your time can start again from the privious checkpoint

wonder if it could be done with some sort of checkpoint system, so if you do get caught behind a broken down rig, you could stop your time and once its out of the way your time can start again from the privious checkpoint

Good idea. The big boys are gonna have to run first. Imagine flying around a corner and running up on a stocker that's hung up on a pebble.

I noticed on the website they stated that for us running street and street modified,they will have some way over the harder obstacles.Ummmm,the last hundred times I've gone up RML on my stock 50 Willys,I had no issues with the hill climb/ledge before Kodak and driving around Kodak/budweiser rocks themselves.Are they adding any difficulty to the trail as in logs or piled rocks?

I noticed on the website they stated that for us running street and street modified,they will have some way over the harder obstacles.Ummmm,the last hundred times I've gone up RML on my stock 50 Willys,I had no issues with the hill climb/ledge before Kodak and driving around Kodak/budweiser rocks themselves.Are they adding any difficulty to the trail as in logs or piled rocks?

they'll prob. just rope off different lines for what they think each class should be able to do. (i was thinkin the same thing though)

Based on amount of hopeful entries, time in a day, we want the stockers to make it over obstacles faster. No doubt you made it in the willys,and your probably a good driver, but the idea is to not let a vehicle get stuck, and slow the contest.
We hope noone has to stop to back up, much less stop cause THEY got stuck. If ''helper tools'' are added, it helps insure foward/timely progress. And that should mean less interuptions and a smooth event. Thats the idea anyway.

However ya'll set it up is fine man.I'm more lookin to havin a good time,surviving to the end of the race,and if she gives me a decent time against the more modern vehicles,then my race experience is a win regardless.I'm pumped now!

this could be the birth of something special.

Thanks to all that have donated their time so far trying to help get it done.

You gonna race?,,,,,I know, I know...dumb question right?:driver:

Do Jeep's fly?????

I hope to working as a vendor and racing. Give me a shout when you all get ready to sign up Vendors.

I'm not sure if this is possible but if we could somehow get the rangers to look the other way while competitor drove to the trail system that would do a lot for parking concerns. Typically when I'm at Uwharrie I park at the bottom of daniel in the tow rig but I'm concerned that the lot will be full on race day.

Again, it might not be feasible but I'm sure there will be parking at the camps and letting people like me drive to the trail would help logistically a whole bunch.

I'm not sure if this is possible but if we could somehow get the rangers to look the other way while competitor drove to the trail system that would do a lot for parking concerns. Typically when I'm at Uwharrie I park at the bottom of daniel in the tow rig but I'm concerned that the lot will be full on race day.

Again, it might not be feasible but I'm sure there will be parking at the camps and letting people like me drive to the trail would help logistically a whole bunch.

x2 I see that it would be no different than that of a parade in the middle of town. :wheel: I mean, they let anything on the streets then, but atleast we would be in the safety of the woods. :flipoff2:

That's freakin' awesome!! My rig is pretty well road worthy, but it's simply not tagged or insured. (I may want to put comp. on it for the event though. :D)

Also if a person not involved in the race shows up and goes wheeling and a buggy comes up on his ass at 50mph and then is yelling to get out of the wayso he can get buy.. it is gonna put a bad impression on us and could make our sport look like a bunch of ass holes

I agree. I am REALLY surprised that the rangers are on board. :shaking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back