Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like jrraw23 said, we have permission from the rangers to drive unregistered/tagged vehicles to the trail head. (although I thought the stipulation was you had to unload at Hunt Camp?)

BlueRidgeRunner, there should not be any other vehicles on the trail at the start of the race. There will also be people posted at all of the trail intersections with Rocky Mtn Loop. I think this concern is a non-issue.

Like jrraw23 said, we have permission from the rangers to drive unregistered/tagged vehicles to the trail head. (although I thought the stipulation was you had to unload at Hunt Camp?)
BlueRidgeRunner, there should not be any other vehicles on the trail at the start of the race. There will also be people posted at all of the trail intersections with Rocky Mtn Loop. I think this concern is a non-issue.

x2, the rangers have pretty much greenlighted everything, so don't worry we got it covered :driver:

4x4 cross question

would a leaf sprung jeep (commando) with a spring over qualify for class A or B with only 33's and no lockers??

That's freakin' awesome!! My rig is pretty well road worthy, but it's simply not tagged or insured. (I may want to put comp. on it for the event though. :D)

You might want to think about insurance of some type. If you don't and something serious happens, you can loose everything you own and then some...

You might want to think about insurance of some type. If you don't and something serious happens, you can loose everything you own and then some...

True, the insurace we've taken out for the event covers everything but the Racers, and thats pretty much what all the insurance policies for events like this do, as a racer you are inherintly taking whatever responsibility towards you/your spotter/your rig squarly on your shoulders when you sign the waiver.

Is the tire size the measured size or "printed on the side" size? And if measured, at what points and at what PSI?

Is the tire size the measured size or "printed on the side" size? And if measured, at what points and at what PSI?

Printed size, unless your running a tire that has different measurement types like tractor tires, then it will be measured and it will be measured at whatever psi you have it at no set psi required unless your almost running the tire flat, no ridiculous bulging allowed :lol:

I have my camp sites reserved and waiting a while before registering to race. This sounds like a great event with alot of details to work out. I suspect the crowds will be large and vehicles many. I expect some big boys to show up to try and grab the money. I believe the trails will have the potential to get clogged with trucks but think a well cordinated staff can handle any problems. When I rolled my bronco at the Mud Devils event they got me back over quickly but it did hold up the race. It is not a perfect situation but it is a start for rock racing in the south. Thanks ahead for all the hard work to date.
carl w

I have my camp sites reserved and waiting a while before registering to race. This sounds like a great event with alot of details to work out. I suspect the crowds will be large and vehicles many. I expect some big boys to show up to try and grab the money. I believe the trails will have the potential to get clogged with trucks but think a well cordinated staff can handle any problems. When I rolled my bronco at the Mud Devils event they got me back over quickly but it did hold up the race. It is not a perfect situation but it is a start for rock racing in the south. Thanks ahead for all the hard work to date.
carl w
Thanks Carl, Its gonna be a lotta work for sure.
Dont wait too long to register!!:bounce2:

Hey Dylan
I got my first news letter last month. Thanks
Should I be receiving emails from Trailblazers?
We can get ya in the info loop, but its mostly officers and elders, kinda behind the scenes stuff.If ya wanna clog your email with that kinda stuff, You can.

I have my camp sites reserved and waiting a while before registering to race.

I suspect the crowds will be large and vehicles many. I expect some big boys to show up to try and grab the money.

I would not wait too long to register, it may fill up quickly.

I dont care about any "ringers" or big boys coming in, URE is OUR backyard.

we need to bring back the UNF superstars for this event:huggy:

Just be sure to actually make some stuff challenging for the stock classes, not just a complete speed race. You know, a little crawling. Make the spotters actually get out and spot in a few places. I'm pretty sure I can bomb over most everything on RML, so rope off a couple hard lines if possible to make it technical.

I'm paid up and looking forward to it!

Just be sure to actually make some stuff challenging for the stock classes, not just a complete speed race. You know, a little crawling. Make the spotters actually get out and spot in a few places. I'm pretty sure I can bomb over most everything on RML, so rope off a couple hard lines if possible to make it technical.

Gonna look into the actual course lines, either at a UNF workday, Or as soon as they open.

It would be good to help out on a work weekend, both for UNF and potential racers.It would go along ways as far as showing appreciation by those who care.

General consensus from the meeting is we want it to be all about speed, don't want the driver to have to stop for any reason especially not to have the spotter get out to spot you up a ledge or something. With the number of competitors theres just not enough time to be trying to krawl at all . . . not saying were gonna take all the challanging stuff out, just make it to where there's no stopping neccesary. I mean I'm planning on runnin the majority if hopefully not the whole course in 2wd, granted I'm in the extreme class so things that others might need 4wd for I would roll over but the goal is def no stopping neccesary . . . .

X2 on everyone needs to come help out :driver:

General consensus from the meeting is we want it to be all about speed, don't want the driver to have to stop for any reason especially not to have the spotter get out to spot you up a ledge or something. With the number of competitors theres just not enough time to be trying to krawl at all . . . not saying were gonna take all the challanging stuff out, just make it to where there's no stopping neccesary. I mean I'm planning on runnin the majority if hopefully not the whole course in 2wd, granted I'm in the extreme class so things that others might need 4wd for I would roll over but the goal is def no stopping neccesary . . . .

X2 on everyone needs to come help out :driver:

If thats the case, do we need a spotter/co-pilot/navigator/passenger?

If thats the case, do we need a spotter/co-pilot/navigator/passenger?

Yea Sean's requireing it, mainly in case you break, plus its good to have someone on the other side of the rig to yell "watch out for that rock" etc . . . .

I mean were gonna make it as challenging as possible don't want it to be a frikin dirt road ya know, but we do want to keep things moving.

If you have no spotter, Who's gonna believe you when you tell em' you were on two wheels when you hit the jump.It came down on the right front, bumper dug in, went endo, never touched a fender, landed on all fours...and you never even let off!!:driver:

Gotta at least have a witness so nobody calls ..bull:poop:
Even if the spotters eyes are closed the entire time:shaking:

Even if the spotters eyes are closed the entire time:shaking:

I know mine will be.

(mental note to self - install new Oh Shit handle)

If the rock crawl starts at 19:30 saturday night and then begins again at 6am on sunday...........it'll be a long night.
Rock crawling at night that'll be good:popcorn:
Sucks I don't have rock lights I'll just drive by braille:flipoff2:.
Can I pay my $3.50 w/debit card?Gotta help pay for the extra bandwidth
And so I can post pics.
Thanks to NC4x4 for helping out:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back