Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on who will be the determining "body" for the tech questions that will and have been brought up.

Also Is tech,registration checking in etc. going to happen before 12 on friday?Say maybe thursday night and again starting at say 6am friday?

There will be lot's of trucks to look at as well as paperwork to fill out right?

When it gets closer,info about size of numbers and placement on vehicles will be addressed?

Any word on who will be the determining "body" for the tech questions that will and have been brought up.
Also Is tech,registration checking in etc. going to happen before 12 on friday?Say maybe thursday night and again starting at say 6am friday?
There will be lot's of trucks to look at as well as paperwork to fill out right?
When it gets closer,info about size of numbers and placement on vehicles will be addressed?

as far as the body, we've said it before, there are no regulations on body, cut the crap outta it if you want to . . .

check in when you get there: were not sure how early yet, but we'll let you know

we'll provide the numbers for you and probably stick them on your rigs ourselfs when we do your tech inspection

Good News Everyone!

I have a mission for you . . . . :lol: (for those of you that watch futurama)

But in all seriousness i do have some sick news, we have our rockgarden location now, and the rangers have approved us building it at the entrance of I believe Falls Dam trail, where that big opening is, and . . . . . we get to leave it there after were done! Thats right uwharrie is now gonna have its own rockgarden :driver:

As far as the race weekend the rockgarden will be open for free riding all weekend, saturday night will be the only day its closed for the No Limit Comp, which will be available to rigs that fall under the C & D classes only, you will actually have to sign up for it just like the race but that will be up later on the website.

Monster Energy Drink is now on Board as well :burnout:

as far as the body, we've said it before, there are no regulations on body, cut the crap outta it if you want to . . .
oops I meant "body" as a group of individuals or one person,sorry about confusion.
And personally i think stock should kinda look stock,some vehicles look kinda sexy............in a truck kinda way:smokin:

heres my opinion
stock
awww_pirate4x4_com_forum_attachment_php_f3203565661cc0b47cc1012563994ca0._.jpg

not stock appearing
awww_pirate4x4_com_forum_attachment_php_1589d283ed311e4e842610b3ee71ebe6._.jpg

I'd call this not stock because the roof has been cut off
View attachment awww.fototime.com_6868605B4F1E1AD_standard.jpg

Good News Everyone!

I have a mission for you . . . . :lol: (for those of you that watch futurama)

But in all seriousness i do have some sick news, we have our rockgarden location now, and the rangers have approved us building it at the entrance of I believe Falls Dam trail, where that big opening is, and . . . . . we get to leave it there after were done! Thats right uwharrie is now gonna have its own rockgarden :driver:

As far as the race weekend the rockgarden will be open for free riding all weekend, saturday night will be the only day its closed for the No Limit Comp, which will be available to rigs that fall under the C & D classes only, you will actually have to sign up for it just like the race but that will be up later on the website.

Monster Energy Drink is now on Board as well :burnout:

Ricky that is the BEST NEWS I have heard since this thing started..

to be able to build a rock garden and leave it there.. man that is AWESOME

PS: I am 99% sure I am in for the race :)

heres my opinion
stock
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attac...d=10552133 07
not stock appearing
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attac...d=10551393 97
I'd call this not stock because the roof has been cut off

I can't get those links to work . . . but in our rules regulations section it says:

Factory roof and windshield frame, or roll cage

so the rig in the pic posted, if it has 33's or less, no lockers, no engine swaps, no long arms, stock type suspension and wheelbase then it would fit in the stock class

As far as a set person for tech inspections, there are going to be more than one person doing inspections on race weekend . . . so if you have a specific question about your rig and are worried about not being able to enter post it up and it will get answered, I talk to Sean on a daily basis (sometimes more than once a day) I am like his intern bitch :lol: :shaking:

but if the question comes down to no roof, thats fine as long as you have a cage like in the pic you posted.

so you CAN lift it in the stock class, just no long arms???

and under 33s correct?

so you CAN lift it in the stock class, just no long arms???
and under 33s correct?

yea if you want you can have 50 kerbillionty inches of lift in the stock class as long as you dont change from stock type suspension, stock wheelbase or longarms and dont have a locker and 33's or under yes

so when are they starting on the rock garden. id like to lend a hand if possible.

We'll start setting up in March when we figure it out for sure im sure we'll post up if we need help thanks for the support :driver:

I am in for helping build that rock garden also. I have an old military style trailer that I can haul just about any rock you can get in there and my son and I would be glad to help.

Also, is there a group set up for helping operate the race, logistic support, safety, etc? I don't think I'll be racing... my jeep is my DD, but since I'll be up there to watch we'd be happy to help however.

A question from a fellow 4 wheeler asked if URE was getting anything for this, like a share of the proceeds or whatever. can you comment on this or direct me to the info? I thnk it would help garner support.

John

As far as prize ideas go I would suggest plain old 1.75 .120 DOM tubing. It's a universal prize that 99% of the entrants would be happy to have. Also how better to promote safety than to have some safety oriented prizes. Is there going to be a special prize or anything for the rig with the most impressive breakage or damage. I think it would be a neat thing to add. At the end of the event all the entrants could vote on which rig should get it. Just my thoughts.

Question: welded rear count for locker in the stock class?

jeeps have factory Dana stuff, but everybody knows a dana 60 aint factory stock fo the jeep

What a trick question! Better ask BIGWOODY, jrrw,or frontporchfab..see what they say!

maybe a prize for the oldest rig in the competitions?

I hope ya'll use good judgement in what is allowed in stock class.

if they're just gonna start throwin out prizes, they could give one out for the longest drive to get to the event. i like the idea of safty oriented prizes though. things like 5pt harnesses, helmets, gloves, ect.....

You can don axle swaps(no lockers) in the stock class as long as the suspension is not long arm'd or changed from the stock style, and wheelbase is not altered. But if you try to run a 14 bolt alxe with some 33's it will not really be an advantage, but more like towing an anchor

Nick

I have noticed that some of the guys have there rig pictured on the site so you can size up the competition. How do I get a picture of mine up? I have registered but I did not see where you can upload a pic of your rig in the rigistration process.

Just send it to the email on the website and they will make sure it gets posted.. Thanks for the entry

Nick

I have noticed that some of the guys have there rig pictured on the site so you can size up the competition. How do I get a picture of mine up? I have registered but I did not see where you can upload a pic of your rig in the rigistration process.

email it to Sean

You can don axle swaps(no lockers) in the stock class as long as the suspension is not long arm'd or changed from the stock style, and wheelbase is not altered. But if you try to run a 14 bolt alxe with some 33's it will not really be an advantage, but more like towing an anchor

Nick

well that's not where I was going. Dana made LSD's for the 30 and 35/44. They were factory parts from Dana, not Jeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back