Uwharrie 4x4Cross Questions & Answers - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prizes are still ideas at this point, trying to figure out some stuff that can work for everyone and/or bargaining chips like you guys said... Obviously its really hard to have stuff that will work for everyone so we would def like to hear suggestions on our ideas and your own.

Thanks

The prizes are still ideas at this point, trying to figure out some stuff that can work for everyone and/or bargaining chips like you guys said... Obviously its really hard to have stuff that will work for everyone so we would def like to hear suggestions on our ideas and your own.
Thanks

True but to a certain extent you/the other vendors are puttin themselfs out there providing these prizes big time, if people want to complain about getting free parts thats just tuogh for them IMO, they can always just turn around and sell the parts on the board if they don't want em.

And as far as right now the Vehicles that are being ran in the race will be the ones that you will run in the rock crawl.

Here comes my whine and cry....
So A&B wouldn't stand a chance on the crawl and get even less for their entry? While the guy's who run C&D get bonuses? I'm out of the crawl. My XJ won't stand a chance against Greg's buggy crawling.

Here comes my whine and cry....
So A&B wouldn't stand a chance on the crawl and get even less for their entry? While the guy's who run C&D get bonuses? I'm out of the crawl. My XJ won't stand a chance against Greg's buggy crawling.

I mean we'll consider it but with the size of the rocks were getting we can't really make it feesable for the lower classed rigs . . .

By the way, if im not in the top finishers for the race im gonna enter the rockkrawl . . . . and there will be no krawling BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Anybody wanna lend me a neck brace pad? Please?

I mean we'll consider it but with the size of the rocks were getting we can't really make it feesable for the lower classed rigs . . .

That's where I was going earlier with the alternate rig. The right tool for each job :cool:

True but to a certain extent you/the other vendors are puttin themselfs out there providing these prizes big time, if people want to complain about getting free parts thats just tuogh for them IMO, they can always just turn around and sell the parts on the board if they don't want em.

Thats why i said suggestions haha

Thanks
IMHO, the less vehicle specific the prize the better. For example, 3" lift kit for a 2001 rubicon is not as good as a pair of air shocks. Something like a dana 44 diff cover is harder to resell or use than a more generic like a winch.

What is the policy on performance enhancing drugs?

Please don't misinterpret my post as being whiny and trying to gripe about what's free. Those were not my intentions at all. I was simply pointing out that there may be more than just Jeeps there (and yes I know, Jeeps outnumber everything else in cases like this about 10-1) and I simply wouldn't know what to do or ask for a lift kit for a TJ or the likes.

How's this.....how about a gift certificate for some fab work, or maybe a cage? I think that this would be fitting to all who have entered. I'm reaching here. :D

Please don't misinterpret my post as being whiny and trying to gripe about what's free. Those were not my intentions at all. I was simply pointing out that there may be more than just Jeeps there (and yes I know, Jeeps outnumber everything else in cases like this about 10-1) and I simply wouldn't know what to do or ask for a lift kit for a TJ or the likes.
How's this.....how about a gift certificate for some fab work, or maybe a cage? I think that this would be fitting to all who have entered. I'm reaching here. :D

I hear ya, we'll do what we can to vary it, thanks for participating :driver:

By the way, if im not in the top finishers for the race im gonna enter the rockkrawl . . . . and there will be no krawling BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Anybody wanna lend me a neck brace pad? Please?

YouTube her we come :)

If I won anything cash or prizes..it really wouldn't bother me if I did win parts for something I didn't own. We do have a for sale section. However, most raffles if I win something that isn't going to do me any good, I just give it away if it's less than $100 value. The 5 grand is more than enough motivation to win, the prizes are gravy.

Sean did say that on Pirate....kewl

Thats me, I have seriously spent more time working on this race answering all the questions on all the forums, making phone calls, contacting vendors, etc than I did on school my entire last semester . . . . . :shaking:

Heck my graduation ceremony is that saturday of the race, but I sure as heck aint goin would much rather be the race than havein to sit listen to a stupid speech then walk across a stage . . . rather be helpin to run a offroad race anyday :driver:

Thats me, I have seriously spent more time working on this race answering all the questions on all the forums, making phone calls, contacting vendors, etc than I did on school my entire last semester . . . . . :shaking:

Heck my graduation ceremony is that saturday of the race, but I sure as heck aint goin would much rather be the race than havein to sit listen to a stupid speech then walk across a stage . . . rather be helpin to run a offroad race anyday :driver:
what will the folks say when they dont have a ''stage walking picture'' of you?

The helmets on AmericanWheeler's web-site are the shiznit.
Got mine already. 69 bucks is hard to beat for what you get.
It don't say dot approved, but its super lite and I barely see the helmet while wearing it. Check em' out.

now you know why I'm a Certified idiot

thanks for all the work getting this together.

The helmets on AmericanWheeler's web-site are the shiznit.
Got mine already. 69 bucks is hard to beat for what you get.
It don't say dot approved, but its super lite and I barely see the helmet while wearing it. Check em' out.
It took me a while to find that link...
So, here it is for anyone else that can't see the forest for the trees :rolleyes:

http://americanwheeler.com/Products.aspx

Cheers!
Smiley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back