Uwharrie Opening Weekend April 3-4

That was was one lanky guy.... I didn't even see any mud being slung at all. Besides, why would you have your rig that close to the mud if you didn't want to get it muddy.
If you turn it up loud you can hear me in the jeep yelling that thats assault with a deadly weapon and at the same time he first yells he was going to shoot his tire, then says he wasn't going to shoot at him he was going to shoot by him. But from my understanding shooting at, near or by some one with a paintball gun that hasn't agreed to play with you is technically assault with a deadly weapon just like shooting at/by/near someone with a real gun, or something like that. And getting your own rig covered in mud is your own decision, just like bashing it into a tree on a trial, or if damage your car on your own but if some one hits into your rig on the road thats their fault and they are responsible for the damage.

why would you carry a paintball gun with you?

and why would you be out in the woods if your scared of getting your truck dirty?

people are just stupid i'm kinda glad my rig is broke for now, i can't deal with stupid people very well

and i would have been an asshat and slung mud all over him laughing while he shot his pansy paintball gun and if i would have found any paint on my rig i would have went back and grabed that gun shot him and his rig up the broke the gun in half. people like that need to be taught a lesson

trust me its better to be scared then tear up a 4500 truck..and the driver was not drinking and littering..i only had two beers the whole weekend..and what difference does it make that someone was a little worried about going down a hill...and besides its my life and if i want to hang out of my truck with it moving then thats my problem to worry about not your..but thank you for your time while i got out of the way of your precious time.

Are you really so stupid to think that your actions while out on the trails don't have the potential to hurt everyone on this site by getting another legal 4 wheeling spot shut down by? You being a dumbass IS OUR PROBLEM.

I honestly don't give a shit if you die due to being a dumbass, but I do care if it happens on our public trail system and gives "them" one more piece of ammo to get "us" out of there. Blatantly ignoring the rules(drinking, etc.) is just as bad.

WOW......the DRAMA!!!!

i am glad i missed opening weekend, im surprised the dude with paintball gun didn't get shot. If you walk up on me in the woods threatening and pointing what appears to be a gun, you better be superman!

WOW......the DRAMA!!!!
i am glad i missed opening weekend, im surprised the dude with paintball gun didn't get shot. If you walk up on me in the woods threatening and pointing what appears to be a gun, you better be superman!

X2

WOW......the DRAMA!!!!
paintball gun pointed at me would have ended badly for that guy. I always carry on camping trips. but never a paint ball gun looser douche bag

well then sorry about that then.

Oh I did want to say one more thing about the whole $4500 truck deal... $4500 really isn't that much in a rig. I got to thinking about how much I've put into my rig over the last year and I'm shocked! Good thing I turned my head when I swiped the cards. :shaking:

$8,726 is the estimate I came up with for how much I have in my Jeep. I paid a little much for it when I bought it, but I was just getting back into the scene and I hadn't done my research properly. I've spent a lot on my rig and I probably could have made some better and cheaper decisions, but I'm happy with what I have. :p If I knew then what I know now I could have saved a lot of money! There was also a lot of impatience that went into these parts. I wanted to wheel and I wanted to wheel hard so price didn't matter. I just had to have it. That's a bad way to build a rig. When I go to build the toyota I will be quite frugal and A LOT more patient and slow with the build.

I'm sure I've missed a few parts, but this is what I can remember and the prices I paid.

1991 Jeep XJ lifted with steering upgrades: $2050 (Was 2250, made $200 off some parts on it)
Spare Driveshafts: $125
Spare axle shafts: $125 (need to sell)
Quick disconnects: $50 (sold for half price)
D35 locker: $200 (need to sell)
D30 locker: $300
D30 outer seals: $50
D30 chromo shafts: $525
Two sets D30 4.56 gears & install kits: $730 installed
8.8 with 4.56, mini-spool, brake lines, paint, spring hangers, shock tabs: $420
Shocks: $170
8.25 27 spline and other parts: $125 (need to sell)
Bumpers: $580
Winch: $300
Roof rack, mounts, lights & wiring: $255 (useless now, need to sell salvagable parts)
Long arms, frame plating, skids installed: $950
Extended stainless brake lines $50
Exhaust system: $210
Solid diff covers: $110
Bead lock wheels with monster valves: $450
34x10.50 LTBs $700
Steering box: $30
Power Steering Pump with cap and reservoir: $80
Replacement rear hatch: $30
Throttle Position Sensor: $38
Crank Position Sensor: $73

Ain't skeered to go up or down nuttin either! :D

Are you really so stupid to think that your actions while out on the trails don't have the potential to hurt everyone on this site by getting another legal 4 wheeling spot shut down by? You being a dumbass IS OUR PROBLEM.

I honestly don't give a shit if you die due to being a dumbass, but I do care if it happens on our public trail system and gives "them" one more piece of ammo to get "us" out of there. Blatantly ignoring the rules(drinking, etc.) is just as bad.

exactly.....

hahahaha wow that video is something!If that lil shrimp got out yelling at me with a paintball gun I dont know what i would do just laugh I guess,till he shot at my truck then its my business lol!

Yeah, don't :)

I stopped at $12k on The Krawler, didn't want to find out that bad :)

Listed it for $7500 which is a steal, got one low ball offer of $5500 :(

The rangers said nothing had been done to either ledge on Daniel. We chatted with her over a Hot Dog Guy hotdog.....

Not talking about the ledges themselves, talking about the short hill climb before the 1st ledge:

aforum.planetisuzoo.com_albums_Uwharrie_Fall_09_100_1287.sized.jpg

Usually that climb is filled in every year to prevent that rut from getting too deep. So everyone is saying they did nothing to that section, there is still a deep ditch on the right hand side (looking down it)?

the little turd with the paint ball gun is lucky he run his mouth to a group that only states that he is breaking laws.most folks would have got out of there rig and broke a few laws their self,along with his skinny ass.

Video of the paint baller
Seems to me he over reacted just a little. The mud was barely slung. Come on.
That's just f'd up right there. Not sure I would've been able to say some words and just drive away, although props to the people with self control that did. It would have been awfully hard for me not to physically remind him of his mistake. Anybody get a pic of this kid's rig? More likely to recognize that on the trail than another scrawny teenager.

im with johnski on this cudos for those with selfcontrol i carry a double bit axe handle in my jeep never had the want to shot anyone but getting to old to fight and i mite have had to talk to that young man days of old i would say take his gun a shot him in the ass with it

Thats crazy about the gun being pulled on you. I thought it was pretty bad when this one guy pulled a paintball gun on my friend and was about to shoot at him when he was further down the trail until i yelled at him because i was right next to him when he did. The D-bag was in a green yj in a group with a stock zj that 4wd didnt work, they blocked a part of the trail that had a tiny bit of mud since the zj couldnt get by, and after about 5 or so minutes the guy in the zj said, hey lets let them pass. But his friend said no they can wait. When there is a group of 5 rigs with us waiting to get by.
10 minutes later they finally decide to pull off the trail and let us go by. Going through that little bit of mud some got slung from my friend in front. Literally a few drops got on this guys yj and maybe on his arm since he was sitting in it with the window down and he starts screaming and picks up what to me just looked like a gun. he pointed it at him and then got out of his jeep and started walking up to shoot at my friend when i finally saw it was a paintball gun, and i yelled at him saying what he is about to do is assault with a deadly weapon and I'd have no problems reporting him, plus the possible immediate self defense would not end well for him. and kept yelling at him until he put it away and walked back to his jeep.
from what u said, sounds like yall were a little frustrated with a fellow jeeper being broke down and being stuck in the mud. i thought of this community as 1 tht ppl help each other and if someones jeep, stock or not, was stuck or broken tht people would help and not get frustrated for having to wait for them 2 move. and being frustrated tht couldve made that guy sling mud onto everyone tht was there. I dont know alot of wheeling being im just getting into it, but the guy who slung mud, looked to be in 2 wheel drive (maybe to make sure he slung mud), i have almost a stock jeep and when im in 4 wheel i didnt spin once in mud there. so maybe the guy in the cherokee didnt have to go flying thru there when there was a group of ppl behind him.
That was was one lanky guy.... I didn't even see any mud being slung at all. Besides, why would you have your rig that close to the mud if you didn't want to get it muddy.
its prob not the fact tht he didnt want it muddy, prob didnt want mud inside his jeep and what if there were rocks tht got thrown and cracked a windshield or hit someone. i seriously dout it was the fact of getting muddy, just the fact of what the guy in the cherokee did.
not to say the guy with the paintball gun is right, by NO means was tht right, tht was uncalled for and i prob too wouldve done stuff everyone else is saying. but i dont think the guy with the cherokee was at no fault either. the whole thing prob couldve been avoided and shouldve because this whole thing gives us a bad name and like someone else was saying could ruin a spot for wheelin.
just my 2cents.....
cheers
happy wheelin

from what u said, sounds like yall were a little frustrated with a fellow jeeper being broke down and being stuck in the mud. i thought of this community as 1 tht ppl help each other and if someones jeep, stock or not, was stuck or broken tht people would help and not get frustrated for having to wait for them 2 move. and being frustrated tht couldve made that guy sling mud onto everyone tht was there. I dont know alot of wheeling being im just getting into it, but the guy who slung mud, looked to be in 2 wheel drive (maybe to make sure he slung mud), i have almost a stock jeep and when im in 4 wheel i didnt spin once in mud there. so maybe the guy in the cherokee didnt have to go flying thru there when there was a group of ppl behind him.
its prob not the fact tht he didnt want it muddy, prob didnt want mud inside his jeep and what if there were rocks tht got thrown and cracked a windshield or hit someone. i seriously dout it was the fact of getting muddy, just the fact of what the guy in the cherokee did.
not to say the guy with the paintball gun is right, by NO means was tht right, tht was uncalled for and i prob too wouldve done stuff everyone else is saying. but i dont think the guy with the cherokee was at no fault either. the whole thing prob couldve been avoided and shouldve because this whole thing gives us a bad name and like someone else was saying could ruin a spot for wheelin.
just my 2cents.....
cheers
happy wheelin

We were'nt being impatient at all, but when you bring something on the trails that absolutely does not belong and your having troubles getting past something and there is a line forming behind you, I'd say it would be courteous to move off to the side to let them by. Also, they were in a group with about 4 or 5 rigs, and there's nothing we could have done that they couldnt.
Now I am in no way saying a zj does not belong offroad, nor any stock jeep for that matter. But this jeep had no recovery points and no way to hook up to pull it, he had 100% street tires, and his 4wd was out.

If its the jeep I'm thinking of it broke while it was on the trail that's why the 4 wheel drive went out. The dude is not a kid BTW. I never seen him point the paint ball gun at anyone in the video. Am I missing something or was that all off camera?

Not talking about the ledges themselves, talking about the short hill climb before the 1st ledge:
aforum.planetisuzoo.com_albums_Uwharrie_Fall_09_100_1287.sized.jpg

Usually that climb is filled in every year to prevent that rut from getting too deep. So everyone is saying they did nothing to that section, there is still a deep ditch on the right hand side (looking down it)?

Yes, that section looked the same last Saturday as it did last December.

New2jeeps18

Were you there? The way your defending this seems you know a little more than your letting on, I mean you sign up here and come to the thread and your first and only post is defending the guy with the paint ball gun. The video shows the guy is over reacting by a ton, no one acted like an ass but the guy with the paint ball gun.

Point is, The guy was going to be an ass regardless of what happened, either hold up the group behind him, or bitch about it when they pass.

I never seen him point the paint ball gun at anyone in the video.

If you walked into a room full of women with your pecker hanging out, I'm sure they would all scatter. Even though you're not pointing it at someone doesn't mean they don't all think you're going to use it on them.

Back