Uwharrie Opening Weekend April 3-4

if a handgun is concealed its ccw and if you are in a altercation and display it, it is treats by intimidation ( or going armed in terrer of the public) did i mention im a cop

Things settled down, we let it go. Honestly, I didn't know what he did was illegal.

Good to Know, Like I said I am "not aware". Thanks for the info.
So if he has a ccw permit and has the handgun on him and gets in an altercation he is not allow to show it unless it is in defense? Not trying to be a smart ass I am curios about the law.
Yes that is true. Also....
Unless things have changed, it is illeagle to be drinking alchol & carrying a weapon with a ccw permit.

Well it is illegal to posses the alcohol in UNF, so...

I met up with Janet on her way back to her site after that altercation. Interesting weekend in deed.

CLTDBA nice chatting with you what little I got to on Daniel. I had dark blue TJ with the nc4x4 sticker on the windshield

Just got in, and we have a lot of unloading to do! Thursday was calm and fantastic weather, Met a lot of firstimers to URE and they were having a good time!

Friday was busy and hot! Tempo was definately ramped up a bit to say the least. Everybody was ready to shake off some "cabin fever"

Saturday was.........insane! parking lot, trails was packed! So many people came by I can't even begin to name them! Met so many screen names I'll never keep up! Got a little behind at one point, and I have the best customers that any buisness could ask for! I told everyone "I'll feed you and I'll settle up later" That takes a lot of trust my friend! All I wanted to do is take care of all of you as quick as I could, get you and yours fed and cold drinks in your hands. Next time I might ask for a volenteer to help a little for a free meal! If you were there you know what I'm talking about. Thanks to all of you guys and gals for your bizz! And for the dust that was mentioned earlier,,that is my most popular condiment! Every body gets that on their Dog!LOL. Dylan,Snappy,Chris, Bigassbourban, dungeon, the Big Dixie Boggers, and the list just goes on and on! THANKS

the only time you can use and or show a fire arm is in a deadly force situation, to protect your self and a third party.. i just think its a eago thing to carry one anyway. sounds like it was good weekend anyway. me and my wife and kids will be there thursday and if i pack it in ill pack it out and anything else i see.

I was there friday and saturday, the buggy did good except for some vapor locking problems when the fuel rail got too hot. Going to get a different regulator and put a fan right above it to hopefully take care of it.
Saw some idiot in a white Toyota (no bed) starting to pull up on a tree at the top of Daniel to show off I guess, I was heading out and told him not to do it, not sure if he did or not after I drove off, but thats just one of those pictures that doesn't need to be online...

So that was the problem man??Did the fuel filter help at all about trash or was that any of the problem?Did it do ok on saturday,I wished I could have made it back out but the way it sounds maybe it was better to stay home lol!
Man, that is really upsetting. People who throw out their empty beers cans while riding on the trail and leave their garbage at the campsite are white trash. If you followed them home, you would probably find the same thing in and around their house. What a bunch of losers. White trash is as white trash does.

Yeah drkelly it was pretty bad on friday when I was there,we had been riding for about 2 hours that morning and already picked up a whole black trash bag of cans and stuff.

So it looks like your ol sammy has changed alot lol!Looks good man,I was suppose to be out there with chris and jonnyB there good guys!

Hot Dog Guy: it was nice seeing you up there and getting a hot dog from you. I can honestly say that your hospitality and service blew my girlfriend and myself away. You and your wife(?) are good people and have a awesome business, keep up the good work.

BTW I'm the guy that was talking about coastalcarolinaoffroad.com, i came through on Friday.

Just got in, and we have a lot of unloading to do! Thursday was calm and fantastic weather, Met a lot of firstimers to URE and they were having a good time!
Friday was busy and hot! Tempo was definately ramped up a bit to say the least. Everybody was ready to shake off some "cabin fever"
Saturday was.........insane! parking lot, trails was packed! So many people came by I can't even begin to name them! Met so many screen names I'll never keep up! Got a little behind at one point, and I have the best customers that any buisness could ask for! I told everyone "I'll feed you and I'll settle up later" That takes a lot of trust my friend! All I wanted to do is take care of all of you as quick as I could, get you and yours fed and cold drinks in your hands. Next time I might ask for a volenteer to help a little for a free meal! If you were there you know what I'm talking about. Thanks to all of you guys and gals for your bizz! And for the dust that was mentioned earlier,,that is my most popular condiment! Every body gets that on their Dog!LOL. Dylan,Snappy,Chris, Bigassbourban, dungeon, the Big Dixie Boggers, and the list just goes on and on! THANKS

Terry, anytime I'm around and you need some help you just let me know. I'm amazed at how fast you and the wife can sling those dogs outta there.

So that was the problem man??Did the fuel filter help at all about trash or was that any of the problem?Did it do ok on saturday,I wished I could have made it back out but the way it sounds maybe it was better to stay home lol!
Yeah drkelly it was pretty bad on friday when I was there,we had been riding for about 2 hours that morning and already picked up a whole black trash bag of cans and stuff.
So it looks like your ol sammy has changed alot lol!Looks good man,I was suppose to be out there with chris and jonnyB there good guys!

Danny's sami made cupcakes out of everything. I always have to take the easy route on the double ledge before kodak, but he just walked right up it. I always bottom out and get high centered. :( I was jealous!

Can't wait to wheel with ya Ben.

Jakemd98,I do remember you two and yes it was my wife. We're trying to be as fair as we can and as friendly as possible. We have wheeled a lot in our past and met a lot of great people and several we still keep in touch with years later. Glad to have met you and yours.

Hotdog Guy

Hey had a great time Sat,
And thanks for the for the Great Hot Dogs
I didnt get to met You ---son walked over a got the hotdogs while we where making a few repairs~~:driver:
Oh ---------- the Dust gave them GREAT flavor~~~~

the only time you can use and or show a fire arm is in a deadly force situation, to protect your self and a third party.. i just think its a eago thing to carry one anyway. sounds like it was good weekend anyway. me and my wife and kids will be there thursday and if i pack it in ill pack it out and anything else i see.
you can't even wave a pistol around ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY to remove a trespasser without going through the other escalations first (gentle hands, hard hands etc.) according to the CCW book

you can't even wave a pistol around ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY to remove a trespasser without going through the other escalations first (gentle hands, hard hands etc.) according to the CCW book

I have my ccw...am I just out of the loop here or what? If a guy is pulling a gun out of his pants I dont think I would give him much time to just show it or wave it around???? It would be my thought that we are "in an argument" and he is taking it past "verbal" by pulling his side arm...Shot him,,,,correct?:beer:

All this talk off trash being dumped and guns being pulled sucks!! I was really looking forward to seeing some good wheeling pics since my heep is still int he garage and not together yet so I didn't get ot go to opening day.

Well Ihope the guys who actually went out to enjoy the trails and have fun did so. As to the idiots who went there to get drunk and tear stuff up I hope you know you'll be the ones to get the trails shut down.

HehHehHeh, thanks Toyotadad.

well we had a great time there were 3 of us blkyj blue cj5 and a white xj we got there at 730 sat morning i let my girls drive wolfsden and slabpile then headed down dutchjohn rode rockymountloopand went to daniel just in time to catch the rollover recovery it was great to see all those people working together to get that kid out my son in my cj was his first time got alittle shock on daniel but did well and justin in the white xj was his first time also he did good we had the cj5 sunk in the mudhole i think fallsdam that worried me all the water coming out the tailpipe but all workedout but he did lose his wallet if anyone found one keep the 50 just send the id to 285 lucky ln bunnlevel nc 28323 would be great and thanks to the mechanical asshole for the tranny fluid made the rest of the day so easy been 10 years since i'de been there was stilll very relaxing

Thats crazy about the gun being pulled on you. I thought it was pretty bad when this one guy pulled a paintball gun on my friend and was about to shoot at him when he was further down the trail until i yelled at him because i was right next to him when he did. The D-bag was in a green yj in a group with a stock zj that 4wd didnt work, they blocked a part of the trail that had a tiny bit of mud since the zj couldnt get by, and after about 5 or so minutes the guy in the zj said, hey lets let them pass. But his friend said no they can wait. When there is a group of 5 rigs with us waiting to get by.
10 minutes later they finally decide to pull off the trail and let us go by. Going through that little bit of mud some got slung from my friend in front. Literally a few drops got on this guys yj and maybe on his arm since he was sitting in it with the window down and he starts screaming and picks up what to me just looked like a gun. he pointed it at him and then got out of his jeep and started walking up to shoot at my friend when i finally saw it was a paintball gun, and i yelled at him saying what he is about to do is assault with a deadly weapon and I'd have no problems reporting him, plus the possible immediate self defense would not end well for him. and kept yelling at him until he put it away and walked back to his jeep.

I also got there at 10am thursday morning and was surprise that it was already trashed. The trails hadn't even been driven on and there was trash at the campsite i was at, as well as other places that i could tell we were the first to drive through that day.

WTF, this is nuts. We need a volentary ranger status or something to start running these idiots off.

FWIW, we had a great time wheeling and I didn't see that much trash, (Probably because the guys from BDB were cleaning it up and we were at the tail of the group)

That guy with the gsxr sami was mad annoying. friday night he just kept flying by the campsite revving loud as fuck, and at one point jumped and kinda spun out and headed into our site before hitting a tree, backing up, and taking off. Maybe he had a little too much sauce that night...

Karma took care of him...he hit a tree and fubar'd the front axle housing.

I have my ccw...am I just out of the loop here or what? If a guy is pulling a gun out of his pants I dont think I would give him much time to just show it or wave it around???? It would be my thought that we are "in an argument" and he is taking it past "verbal" by pulling his side arm...Shot him,,,,correct?:beer:
I have my ccw also. I'm pretty sure if you or someone else is in an altercation and he pulls a gun out and you feel like your life or the other persons life is in danger you can pull your gun and demand the guy holster his weapon..and if he points it at someone or you, you can shoot him.. . TWO TO THE CHEST!!!

anyone that was on the trails riding what are some good once this year to take a wife and two girls that have never been before. i dont wnat to scare them or make it to ruff

Well i just found that a guy who also was up there got it on video when the guy came out with the paint ball gun and was about to shoot it at my friend. You can see how he drove by than this guy comes out and stops next to my jeep when i start yelling at him.

~Debating whether or not to post it.

Well i just found that a guy who also was up there got it on video when the guy came out with the paint ball gun and was about to shoot it at my friend. You can see how he drove by than this guy comes out and stops next to my jeep when i start yelling at him.

~Debating whether or not to post it.

post in the garage.
*edit* oops you don't have access.

I wont post it incase you think it might degrade the image of our sport but if a mod wants to pm me i'll send it to you and you can decide. It just shows him walking with the gun and then me yelling at him.

Back