Uwharrie Opening Weekend April 3-4

Well i just found that a guy who also was up there got it on video when the guy came out with the paint ball gun and was about to shoot it at my friend. You can see how he drove by than this guy comes out and stops next to my jeep when i start yelling at him.

~Debating whether or not to post it.
post it

anyone that was on the trails riding what are some good once this year to take a wife and two girls that have never been before. i dont wnat to scare them or make it to ruff

Callalantee has some nice trails in Mt City TN, There are some tame trails, But it does have some tougher ones. Brown Mtn may be a little far, But it is very tame and a nice ride.

Callalantee has some nice trails in Mt City TN, There are some tame trails, But it does have some tougher ones. Brown Mtn may be a little far, But it is very tame and a nice ride.
I think he was referring to Uwharrie trails seeing as how this is a Uwharrie thread. Dutch Jon seemed a lil "easier" this year.

I was with the guy in the GSXR buggy, Hell of a ride. From what i could tell the man was fine. No Sauce I knew of.
Didnt mess it up bad either,

I think he was referring to Uwharrie trails seeing as how this is a Uwharrie thread. Dutch Jon seemed a lil "easier" this year.

Opps, I don't know how I could have miss read it.

And The Green and Yellow Trails would be your best bet

badinlaketrailmaprevisei.jpg

so what is the differents between getting your jeep covered with mud are someone covering it with paint balls

Dickey Bell was cake. Unless you were the guys in the sami throwing the beer cans out who were afraid to go down the rocky area.

One thing to keep in mind is almost all the trails during the first month of wheeling are easier than even 2 months or 3 months into the season. A lot of rough spots have been graded, here is a list of most major ones:

-Rut on Sawmill
-Hill Climb on Dutch John
-Ruts before the Double Ledge on Rocky Mnt Loop
-The descent/hill going down the top side of Rocky Mnt Loop after Kodak.
-Hill Climb before the 1st ledge on Daniel. (not sure if this one has been filled in though, it usually is)

By midway through the year these areas have gotten a good bit eroded/more difficult. By the end of the year spots like the one on Daniel turn into body panel crunchers.

Dickey Bell was cake. Unless you were the guys in the sami throwing the beer cans out who were afraid to go down the rocky area.

While standing up out the driver side while off camber slightly scared you were gonna roll. Obviously without a belt on.

While standing up out the driver side while off camber slightly scared you were gonna roll. Obviously without a belt on.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Please, if you're going to drink beer, litter and wheel, at least wear a dang seat belt and stop your rig before standing up to see if you can make it over that horrible 5 inches of drop! lol

A lot of rough spots have been graded, here is a list of most major ones:
-Hill Climb before the 1st ledge on Daniel. (not sure if this one has been filled in though, it usually is)
By midway through the year these areas have gotten a good bit eroded/more difficult. By the end of the year spots like the one on Daniel turn into body panel crunchers.

That spot looked the same to me as it did closing w/e last December. So did the first ledge. The second ledge, after the S turn, and the hole just behind hit looked like it had been smoothed out a bit.

That spot looked the same to me as it did closing w/e last December. So did the first ledge. The second ledge, after the S turn, and the hole just behind hit looked like it had been smoothed out a bit.

x2 First hill climb and ledge seemed to be untouched.

The rangers said nothing had been done to either ledge on Daniel. We chatted with her over a Hot Dog Guy hotdog.....

The second ledge definitely had some back filling or something done to it. There was still water underneath the dirt and it was very soft.

trust me its better to be scared then tear up a 4500 truck..and the driver was not drinking and littering..i only had two beers the whole weekend..and what difference does it make that someone was a little worried about going down a hill...and besides its my life and if i want to hang out of my truck with it moving then thats my problem to worry about not your..but thank you for your time while i got out of the way of your precious time.

trust me its better to be scared then tear up a 4500 truck..and the driver was not drinking and littering..i only had two beers the whole weekend..and what difference does it make that someone was a little worried about going down a hill...and besides its my life and if i want to hang out of my truck with it moving then thats my problem to worry about not your..but thank you for your time while i got out of the way of your precious time.

So were the passengers? Reguardless drinking on the trail is not allowed period.

I would have gone straingt to the man to have him removed from the park.

A $4500 truck? I don't think we were talking about you. The rig I saw wasn't worth that much. This particular rig wasn't cutting into my or anyone's time. We weren't in a rush. We were watching the rigs go down and picking up trash.

That was was one lanky guy.... I didn't even see any mud being slung at all. Besides, why would you have your rig that close to the mud if you didn't want to get it muddy.

Back