weldable paint, what are yall using

Once you add in @shawn's ego, you're right at that 7800# mark

Mine was 7700# for a long time, but after I added a couple of hitches, toolbox, air compressor, brake, etc, it got a lot fatter. I don't think it's scaled less than 8000# for a long time.

The SWB and NV4500 are lighter.

but you quit that job recently.

tenor (2).gif

Mine was 7700# for a long time, but after I added a couple of hitches, toolbox, air compressor, brake, etc, it got a lot fatter. I don't think it's scaled less than 8000# for a long time.

The SWB and NV4500 are lighter.

Same here. Tool box filled with ball mounts, tools, jack, straps, chain, fluids, 4 way, compressor, #BTL decals, spot lights, etc is easily #300. The 50# of dog fur in the back seat doesn't help either.

Used to have a pic of me sitting on a rock in Fain's Ford, stick welding a high steer arm back on a 60 on a buddy of mine's truck. He found some random 6010 rods rolling in the glove box. 3 sets of jumper cables, all of our group's batteries sprawled out on rocks. It held until he sold the truck a few months later.
Safety squint was in full effect!

Used to have a pic of me sitting on a rock in Fain's Ford, stick welding a high steer arm back on a 60 on a buddy of mine's truck. He found some random 6010 rods rolling in the glove box. 3 sets of jumper cables, all of our group's batteries sprawled out on rocks. It held until he sold the truck a few months later.

I'm guessing you burned holes all in the end of your shoes that day and discover your love for crocs

I'm guessing you burned holes all in the end of your shoes that day and discover your love for crocs

Based on the timeline, that was the invention of Crocs. Trout fisherman were so mad at the smart invention of self draining shoes that are cheaper than waders so they closed Tellico.

Since we're already off track...here's a picture, Eldorado Outpost circa 2006, on about a 100 degree day, of senór tardbag welding his trackbar together with a pair of batteries, a jumper cable, and some 7018 rod from the Lowe's in Albemarle. Oh yeah, and 2 or 3 pairs of sunglasses taped together for maximum protection. The thing I remember most was the sub 15 minute drive in my ex girlfriend's (now wife's) 95 Grand Cherokee from Eldorado Outpost to the Lowe's in Albemarle because it was 5:45pm when we got out of the woods, they closed at 6pm on sunday, and I didn't want to spend the night in the parking lot :D (no laws were followed broken in the making of that drive).
1910293_512733166758_9405_n.jpg

Since we're already off track...here's a picture, Eldorado Outpost circa 2006, on about a 100 degree day, of senór tardbag welding his trackbar together with a pair of batteries, a jumper cable, and some 7018 rod from the Lowe's in Albemarle. Oh yeah, and 2 or 3 pairs of sunglasses taped together for maximum protection. The thing I remember most was the sub 15 minute drive in my ex girlfriend's (now wife's) 95 Grand Cherokee from Eldorado Outpost to the Lowe's in Albemarle because it was 5:45pm when we got out of the woods, they closed at 6pm on sunday, and I didn't want to spend the night in the parking lot [emoji1] (no laws were followed broken in the making of that drive).View attachment 308015

Three batteries is the trick, however 4pairs of sunglasses weren’t dark enough lol.

Also two batteries and jump box work as well.

Last edited:
Since we're already off track...here's a picture, Eldorado Outpost circa 2006, on about a 100 degree day, of senór tardbag welding his trackbar together with a pair of batteries, a jumper cable, and some 7018 rod from the Lowe's in Albemarle. Oh yeah, and 2 or 3 pairs of sunglasses taped together for maximum protection. The thing I remember most was the sub 15 minute drive in my ex girlfriend's (now wife's) 95 Grand Cherokee from Eldorado Outpost to the Lowe's in Albemarle because it
Three batteries is the trick, however 4pairs if sunglasses weren’t dark enough lol.

Also two batteries and jump box work as well.

Or when the on board welder shits the bed, just take the hi lift apart and use the lift portion as the Drag link. Got Jt’s old cab truck out of Lower Damnation and back to camp one day using it to replace the broken tie rod.

this could be a Dynamite build......
Now that's a reference. But I am interested in "the build".

So what is the end purpose of said endeavor? Show? Go? Or?

For $700.00 worth of weldable paint why not just have it media blasted and painted at the end of fabrication. Even if it takes 2 years to finish fabrication you'll really on have some surface rust to deal with.

Not like it's been in a swamp for 20 years.

For $700.00 worth of weldable paint why not just have it media blasted and painted at the end of fabrication. Even if it takes 2 years to finish fabrication you'll really on have some surface rust to deal with.

Not like it's been in a swamp for 20 years.

Or like, $15 worth of Rustoleum spray paint and sand down the paint when you are ready to weld. I feel like this is a $700 solution to a $15 problem.

Back