weldable paint, what are yall using

Q f'n T
It's a high brow gas station that forum owners fuel up at. They sell that $2 a cup coffee us simpletons can't afford.
qt.jpg

Last edited:
Usually yes but not on this build. This is a think and plan a lot, research plenty build lol. Even the axle swap is no longer basic.. freaking cool stuff going on with this truck. It's definitely going to put my skill to its full focus and potential, for sure.
The planning and research should be laid out before you start cutting crap up.

This is what I use. Amazon prime. Can’t recall how it was but I did a full set of frame stiffeners and a rear axle with it with some juice still left in the can.

dae0a4c7b1039daaccd0bd192929d9b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I use. Amazon prime. Can’t recall how it was but I did a full set of frame stiffeners and a rear axle with it with some juice still left in the can.

dae0a4c7b1039daaccd0bd192929d9b6.jpg

Thank you, good to know for future reference. Guy already ordered stuff.

I haven't even touched the truck..hold your horses there cowboy
If you haven't touched it yet, assuming you are still in the planning phase, then why are you worried about parts sitting for long enough to need weldable paint?

Playing in the same game with coil-overs (except with education and experience) (designed for the vehicle I'm working on), changing the springs in the set-up to work with the vehicle weight and geometry in the suspension. A lot of math involved, not just what the little and big lines are between the big numbers!

PS I've never worried about weld-thru primer.

Playing in the same game with coil-overs (except with education and experience) (designed for the vehicle I'm working on), changing the springs in the set-up to work with the vehicle weight and geometry in the suspension. A lot of math involved, not just what the little and big lines are between the big numbers!

PS I've never worried about weld-thru primer.

It’s nice for welding tubing or frame stiffeners. Otherwise I don’t care much either. I have seen a anti spatter weld-able spray paint. So it could be dual purpose.

PS I've never worried about weld-thru primer
Lol you know I'm too cheap for my stuff to use that stuff too haha. Obviously it's customer demand

Highly suspicious that a trending youtuber video highlighting Steel-it popped up less than 48hrs before ol Marty started asking about it. Totally coincidence :rolleyes:
Lol I'm not smart enough to you tube, that's a fact!! Im not tech savvy at all so nope wasn't me.
Do share the video....

Yeah I'm on that and wow, overwhelmed lol. Sooo much to those things.

Yep found that out already. I'm searching tons of info everywhere to get best startup numbers

1-2” preload in front, 2-3” preload in rear. That’s if it’s actually going to be used. If your preload doesn’t match that, it’s the “wrong” spring rates.

Initial valving doesn’t really matter, tune them after install and Problem solved.

1-2” preload in front, 2-3” preload in rear. That’s if it’s actually going to be used. If your preload doesn’t match that, it’s the “wrong” spring rates.

Initial valving doesn’t really matter, tune them after install and Problem solved.
Hey thanks for the input. Wasn't going to ask any advice on coilovers and info but thank you. That's ballpark of what I've figured from all the search.

ok so I guess I'll ask...
these are Fox 2.5 dual rate coilovers. From what I'm gathering the "true" dual rate coilover is designed to run "different" rate springs for top and bottom, hence the Dual rate term. However, I've read and understood that you can also run same rate springs for top and bottom to achieve similar results yet running actual "dual" rate springs top and bottom will net more fine tuning/performance achieveability?
His truck is 3rd gen cummins, ford 60 going in the front and 37s. Nothing special, street truck with cool/mall crawler factor mostly..maybe a trail ride here and there but mostly driveability and cool factor.
So from what I'm gathering, I can get away with running same spring rate top and bottom to achieve a good enough performance for his uses rather than trying to get more complex with the math of running dual rate springs and keep things simpler...am I on the right track, Thank You

ORI struts.
For the win.

ORI struts.
For the win.
he already bought the Fox 2.5s so trying to use them which appears to be plenty good enough for his uses once spring rates and proper valving is done. He actually wants to mount dual coilovers in the front with softer springs in each to achieve a better ride/more adjustment ...that's def super cool but mounting is going to be well...pretty interesting to say the least. Getting one of these 14" shocks mounted to maintain current height will be tricky so getting 2 in there will be a challenge...I'm actually looking forward to this custom build. I've been dying to put my fab skills to the test on a real thought out build and this is def it!

Would ORI struts work on such a heavy beast?
am I missing something but 5200lb doesn't seem like that heavy of a truck all things considering compared to other full size diesel trucks. I mean it's heavy but nothing outrageous like some of the other trucks. I guess to me 5K is light for being a 1 ton truck and heavier motor

Back