weldable paint, what are yall using

Just looking for clarification... does the oil coat not last long or the paint on top of the oil? I’ve had all my raw metal surfaces coated in Gibbs for over 6 months now and it’s holding strong.
Oil coat doesn't last long in certain environments. I have had a couple old cars that I would run down in Gibbs oil to protect the bare metal and I would have to do it every 4 months or so.

i know how and for what it's used for. axle has been sand blasted completely and need to coat it before it starts rusting but be able to weld to it without having to sand as much or at all...oh and I can appreciate a legitimate response about asked subject
Well since you know everything just get some steel-it and get to work or whatever you call what you do.

How about mind your business and ill do mine. If I need or want your advice of how to be an ass hole I'll let you know. Have a nice day.

But in all seriousness, you have no business swapping another axle and coilovers under an 8000 pound truck that might be towing a trailer down the highway next to me. You're also the dumbass that posted a tech question in general chitchat.

Well since you know everything just get some steel-it and get to work or whatever you call what you do.
that's the plan. I just didn't know if there was a similar product of similar results that could also be bought locally rather than ordered. Didn't expect all the other crap....oh wait who am I kidding lol. It really was just a simple question looking for simple answer.

of just working fast enough that shit won't rust :rolleyes:
Usually yes but not on this build. This is a think and plan a lot, research plenty build lol. Even the axle swap is no longer basic.. freaking cool stuff going on with this truck. It's definitely going to put my skill to its full focus and potential, for sure.

Usually yes but not on this build. This is a think and plan a lot, research plenty build lol. Even the axle swap is no longer basic.. freaking cool stuff going on with this truck. It's definitely going to put my skill to its full focus and potential, for sure.

Sounds like you're already off to a great start planning if your axles were blasted before you have a means of protecting them from rust or even ready to weld to them.

In all seriousness, just wrap the tubes in something like say, masking tape and keep them in a climate controlled area of your shop. A llight coat of WD will help.

But what do I know?
Anyone see these at SEMA this year?
sema.jpg

Sounds like you're already off to a great start planning if your axles were blasted before you have a means of protecting them from rust or even ready to weld to them.
I am, thank you. I'm overwhelmed on Coilover knowledge lol, but I'm getting the hang of it. Using this rainy day (can't work) to draw up plans, talk to the company about valving and such. I never knew there was so much to coilovers but it's pretty cool learning everything about them and their purpose, adjustments, abilities.

Also do you research on proper springs rates.
Yeah I'm on that and wow, overwhelmed lol. Sooo much to those things.
Good luck getting valving correct from a manufacturer unless they have already valved the exact same thing before.
Yep found that out already. I'm searching tons of info everywhere to get best startup numbers

Back