What are you having for dinner?

Tonight's supper is omelet with potato, onion, sausage, and green pepper.

20180108_181949.jpg

Kids like helping me cook...
20180108_170453.jpg

Venison Philly steak and cheese subs. Man were they good. The wife had the meat in the crock pot since lunch time in cream of mushroom and french onion soup. Best Philly s&c I have ever had. Only could have been better if we had some peppers and onions to put on it.

Then I trimmed some venison and put in marinade to put it on the dehydrator tomorrow morning. Road trip Thursday so I will have plenty of jerky to eat.

Last edited:
a very large sweet potato, touch of butter and a little cinamon

Nm...

Country style pok ribs, cabbage and smoked sausage, pasta salad and shots of pappy van winkle!

Forgot to get a pic but last night was fried rice with steamed broccoli and boneless "sweet chili" wings from the HT deli. It was a pretty decent homemade 'General Tso's Chicken'.

I wanted to whip up another batch of Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana, until I realized we didn’t have kale. Tried this over Christmas break, we liked it better than the gutter runners.

i'm starting a batch of this... always a favorite and I've always figured I could recreate it. I'll let you know what I change. :lol:

We just had baked spaghetti with Italian sausage & kale. We're waiting on the birthday boy to get finished with b-day phone calls before we have cake (devils food with fudge frosting).

Turkey and a big bowl of mashed sweet potatoes.

1517178854788.jpg

Mexican burgers and pan fried veggies.

The burgers were ground black angus mixed with chorizo, sone taco seasoning, and a piece of medium cheddar in the middle of them. They're pretty much done when the cheese runs out. I do another piece of cheese melted over them, a little mayo, ketchup, grilled onion, and two bread and butter pickles between a toasted and buttered bun.

The veggies were cabbage, onion, zuchinni, and some bacon in a cast iron pan. Throw some hot sauce on that when they're done and it's damn good.

Back