What are you having for dinner?

My wife made that and it was ok. Certainly fine, but nothing to get excited about. I think @Andy J. actually had dinner with us that night. Maybe he had a more positive impression.
If you go by their recipe it's nothing to write home about. But properly seasoned chicken, quite a bit of red pepper flakes, and the right amount of olive oil and cooking wine really brings it to life.

If you go by their recipe it's nothing to write home about. But properly seasoned chicken, quite a bit of red pepper flakes, and the right amount of olive oil and cooking wine really brings it to life.
I told her to step up her game. Still waiting on a response.

LMK how that goes. Thinking they need to go under the broiler...

Greekish/Mediterranean fried swordfish

20211113_184631.jpg

I decided to cook a meal my daughter put me onto.
View attachment 361123

View attachment 361124

But I added chicken 😎

I did something similar tonight... roasted tomatoes and 16 oz of ricotta pretty much like the recipe instructs but less time because softer cheese. I gave it 15 minutes at 450 and then 5 under the broiler. Tossed with pasta and then served with some of the meat sauce I made previously and a side of steamed broccoli tossed in butter.

Lunch today...grilled Emu pastrami & sauerkraut on rye.....delicious

20211126_135042.jpg

Had a big piece of red drum in the freezer...baked half of it, made fish stew from the other.

20211203_130254.jpg

Red drum is the best fish out there, and that looks fantastic.

I heard that. We started leaving scales and skin on and grilling scales down. Add seasoning of choice. Comes out prefect every time. Don't have to mess with trying to flip it. When is ready the meat slides right off the skin.

the fish stew was a last minute concoction....we are out of a lot of stuff because it's time for our 2-3 week grocery trip, so I grabbed what was left

Basic ingredients were:
1 red onion
1 sweet onion
1 can cannellini beans
1 can mushrooms
1 can diced tomatoes
plus whatever spices I grabbed from the rack....iirc, some minced garlic, onion powder, red pepper flakes, fresh ground black pepper, some ms dash, maybe onion & herb
tail end of the drum went in the stew so there would not be any bones in it

Not mine....but looks delicious (and alpha-gal friendly!)

hand.jpg

The baked ricotta pasta I mod'ed from @CasterTroy link has become a standard around here...

Brown 1# of Italian sausage in a large skillet
Add 3 cups of (macaroni/shell/bowtie) noodles and water to cover (3-4 c), bring to a boil
Preheat oven to 450 F
Cover the pan and boil the noodles until the water is basically absorbed, checking occasionally to stir so it doesn't clump
Add ~8oz ricotta to the pan and seasoning to taste (red pepper flakes, oregano, garlic powder, black pepper)
Move pan to oven for 10-15 minutes, don't let the pasta get too crispy!
Remove pan from oven, stir in 3-4 cups of tomato sauce (I've been using Hunt's Garlic & Herb 24oz cans), cover the pan until ready to serve.

Serve with a salad or steamed veggies and maybe garlic bread.

The above amounts to two meals and maybe a single lunch serving for the six of us. The leftovers go in Pyrex and will get reheated in the oven with pepperoni and shredded cheese on top. :clap:

TexMex omelet for breakfast

20211223_075519.jpg

Christmas Eve emu spaghetti

20211224_185625.jpg

Back