What are you having for dinner?

14 hours later....ribs dont look too appetizing right now, but wait until they hit the smoker and/or grill in the morning....

78c1f57907d33e69aea6734047e30aa5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Coming off in 30 minutes.

(And the driveway gate is locked.)

c243fe3ce8d91db8072811e052eab01a.jpg

All safe....nothing but bones left.

Falling off the bone and delicious.

Dry rub was 3 Tsp brown sugar, 2 Tsp granulated sugar, a about a tsp each of salt, onion powder, garlic powder, red chili pepper, black pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes.

On the grill, used mesquite chips in the smoker box, and basted with bbq sauce. Used a jar of store-bought....Bone Sucking Sauce. It was ok...first time I'd tried that stuff. They got about 2 hours at 225-250.

My grill usually runs about 300 with only 1 burner running on low. We had very light rain showers for just about the whole cook time that kept the temps down in n the grill. I got this grill last year, been thinking of shortening that one burner.

Looks tasty....when's your bypass scheduled?

No worries Mate! Ate a double cheese burger right after that. Washed it all down with 2 PBR drafts to cleanse the soul.
My cardiologist probably bought a new yacht though...
LOL!

Have you been to Noble smoke? Just around the corner from Pinkys on Freedom, typical bbq pricing but damnn it good side are great too. Let me know when you are over that way I'll meet ya!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thought about you last night. Took my new GF and her daughter out for her 22nd Bday.
Hit Pinky's and then NoDa. Drank more beer at The Dog Bar while it was raining like Hell.
While parked right across from Cabo Fish Taco...
We both Damn near got more ink.
But you'll have that.
'Dre out.

A coworker gave me a bunch of turnip greens yesterday.I was off today and stewed them up.
I sliced 8oz of side meat that looked alot like bacon and rendered it for 20 mins. or more. 1/3 cup of cider vinegar and another 15 mins. stirring and scrapping the bottom of the pot and a spoonfull of sugar.Then stuffed a layer of greens in the pot,lots of black pepper and a handfull of cut onions,stuff another layer and pepper/onions till the pot was overflowing w all of the greens. Then I pressed the green down a few times so I could put the lid on and poured 4 cups of chicken stock.After 20 mins. of stirring them a few times they got soft and I tossed 3 cloves of garlic and simmered the pot on low about an hour, stirring now and then. They are very delicious.....
20191114_183959.jpg

Turnip greens are my favorite greens. And I miss eating them raw and peeled from the field.

Venison helper tonight. Yummy

20200114_200438.jpg

20200114_201315.jpg

Last edited:
Renee bought a couple of pork loins yesterday. One went to the freezer, the other I cooked today. Trussed it up with butcher's twine (about every inch or so). Sautéed up some garlic, spread that and some rosemary on the loin, few pats of butter in the vac bag. Sous vide, about 7 hours at 145*. Pulled out, then put on the infrared grill burner to brown up and sear. Coated with a 50-50 of Red Duck bbq sauce and local honey. Just now got done with it, so it'll be dinner tomorrow night.

20200116_200317.jpg

Last edited:
Come on.... It's so tender you'll need a spoon to eat it. :)

Appropriate thread to appear. We still struggle with meals. Although I get home earlier I have no desire nor talent to make something tasty and healthy for us to eat. I'd rather bang on some bent fenders to straighten them up and make me happy. And going to the store for one meal, you might as well go out cause you're gonna spend $40 at least. Uhg!

Appropriate thread to appear. We still struggle with meals. Although I get home earlier I have no desire nor talent to make something tasty and healthy for us to eat. I'd rather bang on some bent fenders to straighten them up and make me happy. And going to the store for one meal, you might as well go out cause you're gonna spend $40 at least. Uhg!

We have always taken eating out to the extreme. It's our entertainment. But...it's expensive, and not too healthy. We are trying to cook more and go out less.

We have found it works good to cook up a chunk of meat that will last a few days, and you can do different things with....for the loin, it'll be sliced pork one night, pork sandwiches another, maybe a stir-fry to end with.

Also, we keep veggies simple and quick to fix. I figure that the closer something is to it's original form, the healthier it is. Open up a can of corn, green beans, carrots, etc....some simple spices and heat is all they need.

View attachment 306466

Making white chili. It’s a crowd favorite at castle frankenyoter.

mostly follow this recipe

Creamy White Chili

Fantastic. I saw this post last week, made it yesterday exactly to the recipe, along with a skillet of cornbread. It was great. Leftovers today for dinner were just as good. This is definitely going into our winter food rotation.

Fantastic. I saw this post last week, made it yesterday exactly to the recipe, along with a skillet of cornbread. It was great. Leftovers today for dinner were just as good. This is definitely going into our winter food rotation.
Awesome!!!

Back