What have you done for your health today?

1.5-2 hrs of cutting down pine trees this afternoon.

Weekly check-in
Stating Weight -318.2
Last Week - 305.0
This week - 301.6

Goal 1(no beer) - Check
Goal 2 (stay on diet) - Check
Goal 3 (move fatass) - Check-ish. Only got 1 30 minute cardio session in, but thats better than I had been
Goal 4 (See a Dr.) - Check-ish. Scheduled for this afternoon. Hadnt seen a doctor surprisingly since 2013...they werent accepting new patients, which I now qualify as....but got through it.

Weekly check-in
Stating Weight -318.2
Last Week - 301.6
This week - 299.4
Total loss: 18.8 lbs

So the chart will show a 2.2 pound drop...but thats after a rebound from 1.5 days of eating off plan. Still 2 is still progress. 2lbs per week would be 100lb in a year.

Goal 1- Check
Goal 2- Check
Goal 3- Check.
Goal 4- Check.
Ill be dropping goal 4 moving forward as it is "complete".

Stating to see why Weight Watchers works...this is some public accountability. lol.

Today's workout was 5 sets of landmine barbell rows with the small V-handle, 4 sets of wide grip pull ups, 4 sets of chin ups, and 4 sets of bicep curls with the EZ curl bar.

Was going to go ruck today on forest road but temps are low and I sweat like a whore in church, so the old treadmill got a hell of a workout with my 255lbs this morn, and tonight it’ll get the 280lb for a good 5 Miles! Still staying strong on eating clean, did have a slice of Benny’s pizza with the boys yesterday so that was a fail, but some sacrifices have to be made when it means joy for the family!! Lol (my excuse to myself anyway)! Awesome to see so many folks on here sticking with it and striving to live longer!!! Get it right, get it tight!!

Weekend was a good one. We stayed very active, even with absolutely frigid weather yesterday. We walked and/or hiked twice each day. Went to the movies on Saturday but passed on any junk food. Instead, we had a great light lunch via the Whole Foods hot bar beforehand.
Sunday we took the pups for a 5 miler (20* and 30 mph winds) before making a great supper at home. "Old us" would have justified a heavy meal at a restaurant since we had exercised and it being so cold. We're both commited to this now!
My wife is very fit and I'm not so far off course, but we enable each other to go places and eat that we shouldn't. We have a pact to keep each other accountable and not allow one of us to wreck what we have started.

Like @Ron pointed out, this thread is about accountability. By posting up what we're doing or wanting to do, we are making a public profession and as a result, desiring accountability from the membership.

I'm really glad to see some of my E buds making their lives better!

Hit up F3 again for the 3rd time. This morning sucked...aside from it being freezing balls...we ran. I f'n loathe running! It was only 2 miles but I can't tell you the last time I ran two miles...again, I hate running! We stopped every 1/4 mile and did varying exercises (e.g., push-ups, dips, crunches, squats, etc.).

I 100% agree with those above who've mentioned the accountability. Between this thread and knowing there's a group of other guys that'll all be there when I show up at 5:30am doing the same thing has helped me keep going back. Not gonna lie, I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning and go, but I'm glad to be making an effort to better myself and get back in better shape.

I've also been trying to eat better (eat more wholesome foods and as much damn protein as I can get in). I've always been able to eat whatever I wanted and not worry about gaining weight, but I know as I get older (32 now) it will start catching up to me if I don't start making lifestyle changes now.

Great job guys, keep up the good work!

Was a lazy piece of shit this weekend trying to get over the annual cold funk I brought back from Atlanta. In the 12 days before, I netted an avg of 12,500 steps per day and a workout every other day. Luckily everyone was usually too tired to go out, so the whole big dinners and booze with clients was not an issue. Sticking to basics like no sodas, no fries at lunch and whatever grilled option the place had instead of fried BS had me feeling a lot less shitty, just hungrier Haha.

I cleared out about 250 sq/ft of storage items in my partially finished attic. Planning on a mechanical squat rack, one of those all in one upper body machines, a bike and a heavy bag. Those are the exercises I know I like, and will do religiously. Hook up a stereo and maybe a tv, and should make for a pretty kick ass home gym.

I haven’t weighed myself in a while, I’m not per say on a meal plan just making better choices on food. I feel better than I have in a long time. I decided over the last weekend that I needed to make a better effort to exercise... I was going to get up early and walk the dogs at the little park across the road.... at 8 degrees that didn’t happen. But I did walk a little over a mile this afternoon after doing some chores. The dogs approved. The best shape I was in after college I weighed 185lbs I don’t think I’ll make it back down to that without some serious work, but I set myself a goal of below 200 by end of summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cleared out about 250 sq/ft of storage items in my partially finished attic. Planning on a mechanical squat rack, one of those all in one upper body machines, a bike and a heavy bag. Those are the exercises I know I like, and will do religiously. Hook up a stereo and maybe a tv, and should make for a pretty kick ass home gym.

I've been researching power cages for a while. Check out the X class cage from Reality Fitness. I want to buy the version with the high and low cables.

FITNESS REALITY X-Class Light Commercial High Capacity Olympic Power Cage

https://www.amazon.com/Fitness-Real...power+cage&dpPl=1&dpID=51ycyTCvuSL&ref=plSrch

That plus a good FID bench.

Walked 7 miles today at work during breaks lunch and down time. Just too cold for me outside tonight so went to the gym ran 8.2 miles in an hour. Can't wait for warmer weather so much more fun running outside which I was able to this past weekend. Feel like I get more out of it as well. Really awesome seeing everybody sticking with it!!

I haven’t kept up with this thread due to the huge amount of replies, but I have “mostly” been sticking to my plan.
45364079-B169-4516-AED9-94CFDE2A44D7.jpeg

This is a typical meal for me these days.
I did eat tacos for lunch today, but tacos are life. I put the scale away weeks so I would stop worrying about it and stepping on it 3 times a day. However I can see a difference in myself just looking in the mirror, and I’m down to the smallest loop on my belt. Starting to fit back into some clothes I haven’t worn in a while.

I have however, fell off of my treadmill routine. After a weekend out of town, I may or may not have been eating a bacon egg hash brown filled waffle taco at Waffle House. Mistakes were made, but that’s another story.

After that weekend it seems I found every excuse possible not to get up and get on the treadmill in the mornings. I am determined to get back at it in the morning. I will update if I get my butt out of bed in the morning or not.

Weekend was good. Had a couple of meals out to eat because of family in town but didn't binge at all. Felt really good about it. This morning I was 218.4. Going to stick with the current diet template for another week and see if anything else comes off, if not I'm heading to the fat loss 2 template which is further restrictive. The meal plans we are on have actually been really easy to follow and I find myself full now without a whole lot of food on my plate(which is a good thing). I coached a solid 4 hours today so I couldn't workout but will make up for it on Sunday(usually my rest day).

Hit up F3 again for the 3rd time. This morning sucked...aside from it being freezing balls...we ran. I f'n loathe running! It was only 2 miles but I can't tell you the last time I ran two miles...again, I hate running! We stopped every 1/4 mile and did varying exercises (e.g., push-ups, dips, crunches, squats, etc.).

I 100% agree with those above who've mentioned the accountability. Between this thread and knowing there's a group of other guys that'll all be there when I show up at 5:30am doing the same thing has helped me keep going back. Not gonna lie, I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning and go, but I'm glad to be making an effort to better myself and get back in better shape.

I've also been trying to eat better (eat more wholesome foods and as much damn protein as I can get in). I've always been able to eat whatever I wanted and not worry about gaining weight, but I know as I get older (32 now) it will start catching up to me if I don't start making lifestyle changes now.

Great job guys, keep up the good work!
Awesome! That’s the thing I’ve found about F3, there are other guys that will be there in the freezing gloom, and if you don’t go, you feel like you missed out! Keep up the good work!

The F3 Dawghouse ran this morning. We call this route “The Bird Run”. You can see why. It was 21 degrees at 0530 this morning, but there was 7 of us out there getting better. My beard was full of ice by the time we were done! It was great.
Also, that was my longest distance run ever, so I’m pretty happy about that.
Here’s the backblast:
The Frosty Bird… – F3 MeCa

A5CABE24-344F-49B9-BC50-5A973939E8A8.jpeg

The F3 Dawghouse ran this morning. We call this route “The Bird Run”. You can see why. It was 21 degrees at 0530 this morning, but there was 7 of us out there getting better. My beard was full of ice by the time we were done! It was great.
Also, that was my longest distance run ever, so I’m pretty happy about that.
Here’s the backblast:
The Frosty Bird… – F3 MeCa

View attachment 284802
I'd have died. Period. I can't keep that pace on a normal day much less for that far in that cold. kudos.

Well, Sunday I spent way to long on a chainsaw and throwing logs around....redneck crossfit?
Yesterday, not much to speak of.
Today, planning on getting on the treadmill (WALKING because it's been a couple months) and doing some push ups/sit ups. Then maybe a Protein shake for a late lunch to hold me over til supper.

Today's workout was 20 minutes on the elliptical machine, 4 sets of bench step-ups super-set with 4 sets of hammer curls.

I figured losing 3lbs last week with just keeping a better eye on my diet wasn’t good enough. So I went and got the flu. Should be another 5+ lb loss week this week too. Yay. :rolleyes:
I came in here to post that I sat on the couch all day, running a 101 fever and coughing my lungs up. But at least I don't have the flu.

Went out for my son's birthday last night. The wife and I both managed to order grilled chicken with blackend shrimp and steamed green bean and broccoli. The only downfall was a honey butter covered croissant. If you have ever been to Cheddar's, you know what they are. Still eating pretty clean and feeling better.

Back