What have you done for your health today?

I'm fighting a pretty bad head cold, so no real exercise really. But I did take the pups for a 5 mile Greenway walk this morning. Followed by raking and blowing 1.5 acres of land is here at home.
My wife went for a 14 mile run this am with best friend Kelly. That makes a little over 32 miles for her this weekend!
39537.jpeg

I'm fighting a pretty bad head cold, so no real exercise really. But I did take the pups for a 5 mile Greenway walk this morning. Followed by raking and blowing 1.5 acres of land is here at home.
My wife went for a 14 mile run this am with best friend Kelly. That makes a little over 32 miles for her this weekend!

Why is her best friend trying to stab her in the neck with an icicle?

View attachment 285049 I ate a bean burrito and hand dug a 50 foot ditch. Filled it with a ton of gravel, hauled by wheel barrow , 200ft at a time through mud. Raked dirt/mud to refill ditch followed by mulch on about half...again wheel barrow through mud. Started at daylight ,finished at dark by myself.

What is the ditch for? Drainage?

A year ago I dug a 175 ft long trench from the side of my house to my shed to run electric power. 50ft of it was through gravel on the back side of a retaining wall. Of course it was only 4-5" wide but 19-20" deep to meet code. That sucked! Took me 2.5 days.

Today's workout was about 4 hrs of tree work.

What is the ditch for? Drainage?

A year ago I dug a 175 ft long trench from the side of my house to my shed to run electric power. 50ft of it was through gravel on the back side of a retaining wall. Of course it was only 4-5" wide but 19-20" deep to meet code. That sucked! Took me 2.5 days.
Yes....I've owned this house for about 20 years , it had always been a little problem. It had just gotten worse over the last few years ,with the amount of rain we've had and the house been vacant as I renovate ,it was time to fix the issue. I have a new found respect for the equipment I have to do this sorta of work. With the yard being fenced and really wet getting large equipment in there was impossible. supposed to rain Tuesday, guess I'll see how well it works.

Weekly check-in
Stating Weight -318.2 (12/27)
Last Week - 299.4
This week -293.4
Total loss: 24.8 lbs

Check on all goals.
Had struggled to lose anything last few weeks then the least 3 days seems to be dropping off with no real change to (current) diet or exercise.

Weekly check-in
Stating Weight -318.2 (12/27)
Last Week - 299.4
This week -293.4
Total loss: 24.8 lbs

Check on all goals.
Had struggled to lose anything last few weeks then the least 3 days seems to be dropping off with no real change to (current) diet or exercise.
Gonna have to update the contact in my phone from "Fat Ron" to "Chubby Ron" :flipoff2:

Today's workout was 4 sets of wide grip pull-ups, 4 sets of chin-ups, 4 sets of straight arm pull downs, and 6 sets of bicep curls on the machine.

Finally touched a scale today at work. I have no idea what's come off the last couple weeks, but I do know I'm 30lbs heavier than my low point a couple months back...but still 35lbs lighter than my high point a year and a half ago. But I did it, finally hopped on a scale and was semi-pleasantly surprised.

USNWC in Charlotte hosts a good amount of fun races, plus the booze and entertainment afterwards is always a good time. The May event interferes with a Sprint Enduro race in WV where we get to rip up a golf course...but the one in August is on the radar.

2019_DryTri_CourseMap.jpg

Today's workout was 20 minutes on the elliptical machine, followed by 5 sets of leg press.

Today I did 21 minutes on the elliptical and 6 sets of leg press.

Joined F3’s Healthy Eating Challenge. Six weeks of cumulative fun:
Week 1-6: no fried food, fast food, processed snacks, desserts, soda, sweet tea, cheese (except cottage), cream sauces/dressings
Week 2-6: no red meat
Week 3-6: no bread
Week 4-6: no pork
Week 5-6: no white starches
Week 6: no dairy

I’m just glad my work trip is before they cut out white starch so I can get my noodle bowl in Chinatown.

by week 7 you eat chicken, fish and lettuce only?

Back