What have you done for your health today?

Work has been busy this week so I didn’t get to work out at all until this morning. Ran with F3. 39 degrees, rain, and the longest run I’ve ever done, 7.25 miles!

475EFB04-52C1-48FC-8742-37C5D60C1874.jpeg

Nice work @VortecJeep! Made it through the regular F3 workout this morning but still struggle with the running portions. I get lightheaded too easily. On the plus side even with a week of being in CA for work I managed to drop a couple more pounds. Whiskey and beer apparently aid in weight loss.
This week the Healthy Eating Challenge will drop white starches from the menu. Closer to being under 200!

Nice work @VortecJeep! Made it through the regular F3 workout this morning but still struggle with the running portions. I get lightheaded too easily. On the plus side even with a week of being in CA for work I managed to drop a couple more pounds. Whiskey and beer apparently aid in weight loss.
This week the Healthy Eating Challenge will drop white starches from the menu. Closer to being under 200!
Great job with sticking to it! There is a couch to 5k at Afton in the evenings put on by the parks and rec dept that could improve your running. And I’ve found that running has significantly helped me with the bootcamps.
I just didn’t have enough gas left after that run to stay for the bootcamp.

Terrible diet this weekend with hardly any activity. Pizza party with about 20 people at our house last night. Big steak dinner at my in-laws for lunch today, plus leftover pizza for dinner. This afternoon I did jump in the trampoline for 30 minutes with my son, then chase him around for about 15 minutes playing tag, so that is better than nothing.

Last edited:
Workout went better than I thought. Got 6 full rounds done and managed to workout again on saturday without feeling too terrible. Today was spent meal prepping and opening the gym for 2hrs for open gym. Worked on heavy snatches and heavy cleans. Workout was a 10m Emom of 5 power snatches plus 5 pull-ups. Finished the day off with 20 GHDs which felt really good. The wife redid my measurements for fun and I’m down 6” in the stomach plus 2” in the waist. Gained a little on my legs, arms, and chest so it’s definitely working.

Stating Weight -318.2 (12/27)
Last Week -288.2
This week - 285.4
Total loss: 32.8 lbs

Losing almost 3 lbs last week is very encouraging particularly when coupled with 1.5 days of eating off plan while at work meetings. I even splurged and enjoyed a (very) small milkshake one night while out of town.

You're averaging 4# per week!

What's your post-VG diet plan looking like?

You're averaging 4# per week!

What's your post-VG diet plan looking like?

I'll figure that out in 50 lbs or so. lol.

Actually its already on my mind. Been doing some research and educating myself.

Its definitely going to be staying whole food based, and likely some flavor of low(ish) carb. Not true Keto, or even VLC based, but Ive found my body feels better as a whole on a lower carb intake. Now that wont look like zero forever but findign the sweet spot will be challenge. Eliminating a mid day meal has made my job a challenge at times. But eating out with clients is tough to control intake...even eating "healthy options" what is in what they serve? I dont have that part figured out today.

But its a valid point. This isnt a sustainable nutrition plan, though to be fair I could eat it forever and enjoy it, so how I transition out will be something I have to manage carefully.

What's your schedule look like? If you are eating in an 8-hour window, when does it start and end?

Maybe, if you feel better without many carbs, figure out which ones do work for you. It could be that a low FODMAP regimen is what works, for just one example...

I think, long term, an 80/20 week is still a good week. Figure out sustainable and realistic options for those work lunches and travel ball games and show yourself a little grace. We've seen that you can keep up the hard work and show some real will power!

Today's workout was 6 sets of flat bench dumbbells, 4 sets of barbell OHP (stupid right after all that benching), 4 sets of flys on the machine, 4 sets of tricep V-bar pull-down, and three sets of close hand push-ups as a finisher.

There is a guy at the gym who doesn't even qualify as a half-repper. He is about a 1/4 repper on every exercise he does. His physique shows it too. Dude does pull-ups, and his head only moves about 4" vertically. Full range of motion or you are wasting your fucking time.

I'm reluctantly doing the workout tonight - I hate wall balls so I'll be happy if I get 4 rounds in :rolleyes:

19.1 is a rowing workout period. The wallballs are just there to break up the rowing. I went unbroken my first 3 rounds, then split 10/9, 12/7, then 15/4. Average pace on the rower for the first two rounds was 1150-1250, then it fell off to around 950. I got on the rower with a minute to go and closed my eyes. Pretty sure I met Jesus and I saw 1450 as a pace but I finished it with about 4 secs to go.

So kind of a low key personal accomplishment...go ahead and laugh if you must. Had pizza for the first time in about 2 months Friday night. Only ordered one pizza (used to usually order one for myself Friday nights, one for the wife and kid, and then another for me to 'snack on' over the course of the weekend, plus eat whatever the wife/kid didn't). Anyway, I only ate 3 pieces, wife had a slice or two, kid had a slice and the remaining couple of slices went to the dog. I know it's still pizza, but I was pretty proud of myself. I haven't 'only' eaten 3 pieces of pizza since about first grade.

Other news...wife and I have been doing pretty well and both on board with doing a hard restart. 7-10 days (maybe longer) do a cleanse, get into dedicated exercise sessions, work on projects 'we never have time for' and overall do a lot less sitting around.

19.1 is a rowing workout period. The wallballs are just there to break up the rowing. I went unbroken my first 3 rounds, then split 10/9, 12/7, then 15/4. Average pace on the rower for the first two rounds was 1150-1250, then it fell off to around 950. I got on the rower with a minute to go and closed my eyes. Pretty sure I met Jesus and I saw 1450 as a pace but I finished it with about 4 secs to go.

That's awesome! Maybe I should aim for 2 rounds instead & pray I don't die!

My dad got 7 full rounds on Friday then opted to try it again yesterday. He ended up 4 calories away from making it to 8 rounds :eek:

That's awesome! Maybe I should aim for 2 rounds instead & pray I don't die!

My dad got 7 full rounds on Friday then opted to try it again yesterday. He ended up 4 calories away from making it to 8 rounds :eek:

Thats impressive. I was happy with my full 6 rounds. definitely not doing it again. Unfortunately, we have Fran programmed for today so I don't know which ones worse. Don't start out to hot, hold a good pace on the rower and hold on.

Sounds like my experience. I accidently dropped on 11 in the 4th round and it got in my head. Took too long to pick it back up. Down hill from there... Getting that rower back over 1000 was a sumbitch...

But I got 6 full with 3 extra No reps (we have pretty small targets).

Should have started a NC4x4 Open leaderboard on the app. That would have been a lot of fun. I wonder what 19.2 has in store for us.

I ate a double cheeseburger and an order of large fries today. Along with a Diet Coke and i just weighed myself.
Still 1 fiddy...

Back