What have you done for your health today?

Just checking in here

Stating Weight -318.2 (12/27)
This week -246.8
Total loss: 71.4 lbs

Man progress seems so much slower these days. But still grinding.

Haven't posted in here before. I started dieting in April of last year. Kept telling myself I would start dieting one day, but never actually got around to it. Then one day at work I laid down on a creeper and could barely get back up afterwards. That's unacceptable for a 25 year old, so I got to work. 364 on the scale when I started, though I've seen it as high as 372. A year and a half later I'm down to 246 and still dropping. 126 pounds down. Smaller now than I was in highschool and feel better than I ever have.

Btw missed this when it was firs posted.

Awesome job, dude!
You are an inspiration.

Since @Ron checked in, guess I will too.
Weight still the same at 229. My fitness and cardio levels are getting better and better. I rode around 50 miles last week with 32 of them coming on Saturday. My wife and I are holding each other accountable for our meals and not allowing each other to waiver from our goals.
By the numbers, I need to lose about 25# and I am chipping away at that number. But I can say I have never been more healthy in my adult life than I am right this second.

Hit the reset button today and got back in the gym. Been one repeated kick in the face since the beginning of April and free time was non existent. Starting to get back to normal and getting the health and fitness back in line is top priority. Can’t be a fat fuck if I go make this October elk hunt in Colorado.

Today was a bunch of bro lifts, stretching and some heart rate based cardio to get back in the swing of things.

Just checking in here

Stating Weight -318.2 (12/27)
This week -246.8
Total loss: 71.4 lbs

Man progress seems so much slower these days. But still grinding.

Have you tried "intermittent fasting", opinions vary, but it seems like 18 hrs. of fasting with a 6 hour feeding window does a great job of jump starting the weight loss process if you are stalled out.

7 miler full of climbing this evening.
I'm the ogre sized dude in the blue/green jersey.
I'm loving all this biking
FB_IMG_1565053569914.jpg

Have you tried "intermittent fasting", opinions vary, but it seems like 18 hrs. of fasting with a 6 hour feeding window does a great job of jump starting the weight loss process if you are stalled out.
Yes. I've played around with IF at times to break plateaus.
I'm not sure how much i buy the science but it does work even if placebo.

I'm pretty steady losing 1lb or so a week. Just tough mentally...I'm 32 (I think) weeks in ...

Really want a good bourbon but ..goals.

Today sucked big time. Busy at work and didn't really get to eat correctly. 5x3 at 85% back squat and then 3x500m row intervals at a 1:1 work/rest ratio. The lack of carbs quickly had my legs feeling like concrete and my workout suffered. But it was a learning experience for me and I won't repeat it anytime soon.

Yes. I've played around with IF at times to break plateaus.
I'm not sure how much i buy the science but it does work even if placebo.

I'm pretty steady losing 1lb or so a week. Just tough mentally...I'm 32 (I think) weeks in ...

Really want a good bourbon but ..goals.
keep it up, It took me a long time to realize that (for me) eating well is directly tied to exercise.....it is EASY to get the salad when eating out if I ran or pushed play on a workout DVD....as soon as the healthy habits slide, I am doomed.
I am sure you know, but small tweaks help a lot for getting off the plateau, taking cream and sugar out of my coffee has helped, no eating after 8pm, and walking the dog an extra mile every day have all helped jump start a stalled weight loss.

keep it up, It took me a long time to realize that (for me) eating well is directly tied to exercise.....it is EASY to get the salad when eating out if I ran or pushed play on a workout DVD....as soon as the healthy habits slide, I am doomed.
I am sure you know, but small tweaks help a lot for getting off the plateau, taking cream and sugar out of my coffee has helped, no eating after 8pm, and walking the dog an extra mile every day have all helped jump start a stalled weight loss.
I havent talked about it in a while but Ive been on a militant diet since January.
I eat 2x a day. roughly in a 8 or 10 hour window.
Drink nothing but black coffee, unsweet tea, and water.
Both meals are the same and made of 100% whole food. Eating between 1900 and 2100 calories per day. My tweaks are occaisionally eating half of a meal or rarely eating 1.5x a meal. 9Havent done the 1,5x in a coupe months was playing around with some G-FLUX research at the time)

Exercise is my biggest need.

I am no expert, but my youtube University diploma has taught me that your body will adapt to most routines in 3-4 weeks....caloric intake included. Perhaps you should take a week or two and change to three meals in the same eating window, or two larger meals in a smaller window (again, 18hrs. is the 'magic number' I have heard).

It sounds like mixing up the food variety and daily calorie content would be the next step if you don't have the time to throw in more exercise. Don't get too discouraged, 1lbs. a week is still good progress, the more you lose, the less you have to lose, the slower it goes. That would still put you on track for over 20lbs before the end of the year!

For me I eat the usual 3 meals a day, with snacks in between, but I only consume around 1350 calories most days. No single meal is over 400 calories, and my job keeps me on my feet all day, plus I walk my dog 2 miles every afternoon. I consistently lose 2 or 3 pounds a week. I need to start doing some cardio though. I'm down to 244 now but still in pretty bad shape.

Exercise is my biggest need.

At Home

Scroll through. 10 minutes. 3 times a week. Some might seem silly but its more effective than straddling some piece of equipment at the big box gym. Choose an object that's heavy enough and a number of reps that's long enough so that when you get to the 8 minute mark of a 10 minute workout you're thinking "I don't think I can do anymore". And then finish the last 2 minutes.

Busyness is laziness. No one here is too dumb to figure out how to make an extra 20 minutes in their day for exercise.

Not all directed at you @Ron. You just brought it up.

I havent talked about it in a while but Ive been on a militant diet since January.
I eat 2x a day. roughly in a 8 or 10 hour window.
Drink nothing but black coffee, unsweet tea, and water.
Both meals are the same and made of 100% whole food. Eating between 1900 and 2100 calories per day. My tweaks are occaisionally eating half of a meal or rarely eating 1.5x a meal. 9Havent done the 1,5x in a coupe months was playing around with some G-FLUX research at the time)

Are you still doing strictly steak and eggs, or have you changed it up? I was telling a friend of mine about it, and told him how well it worked for you. I dont think he's tried it yet, still needs that last push to make some lifestyle changes.

Are you still doing strictly steak and eggs, or have you changed it up? I was telling a friend of mine about it, and told him how well it worked for you. I dont think he's tried it yet, still needs that last push to make some lifestyle changes.

90% yes.
For a more detailed answer. The original diet I learned about called for:
Days 1-5 steak and eggs 2x/day.
Day 6 1x steak and eggs and 1x very low/no carb meal of your choice
Day 7 Free day with a focus on high carb and low fat.

Early on I went darn 65 straight days on day 1-5 never breaking. My loss had crawled to a halt...then when I went on the HRPT I gave zero Fs about eating. Ate where we stopped and enjoyed the trip. I gained 6lbs in 7 days. Then proceeded to lose those 6 lbs in 2 days and a new 4lbs (into a new low) over the next 3. This really got me studying and opened my eyes to the whole G-Flux conversation. The breaking the adaptation and not letting the body get comfortable. So I started adding in an intentional re-feed weekly and it has kick started my weight loss again.

Now this is getting into some couch time shit, some personal introspection. What I have learned is I cant trust myself. I still have a very unhealthy relationship with food. I am a fat kid who loves to eat. So when I tell myself you can have a free day and eat what you want....a handful of trash snack food like cheezits turns into eating the whole damn box and going and buying another one and eating it too. I'm not sure that I'll ever break those urges. Its almost damn near addict like. When I start snacking I dont even realize Im eating and I can put away 5, 6 9k calories in a day.

The wild thing is that will pop my weight up a lb or two and Ill shed it right back off. in 2 days.

So if you look at my graph and charts....(of course I am tracking my weight daily and graphing it what sort of engineer nerd do you think I am) it looks like 3 steps forward 2 steps back. But as long as Im very careful it allows me a night to go to dinner with the family or relax just a bit and still stay "on track"... so I have kind of been reverting to my days 1-6 resembling 1-5 above and then my 7th day sort of being a hybrid of 6&7....1 strict meal but modified and 1 freebie. An example to demonstrate Sunday morning I ate Sausage and eggs instead of steak and eggs. So a 10oz ribeye is 825 calories 60G of Fat and 67 G of protein. So I ate a half steak equivalent and ate like 480 calories of sausage that had 60G of fat and only 35g protein. So that gave me some different flavors but still kept my macros about the same.

Not sure if I answered your question or just danced all around it?

At Home

Scroll through. 10 minutes. 3 times a week. Some might seem silly but its more effective than straddling some piece of equipment at the big box gym. Choose an object that's heavy enough and a number of reps that's long enough so that when you get to the 8 minute mark of a 10 minute workout you're thinking "I don't think I can do anymore". And then finish the last 2 minutes.

Busyness is laziness. No one here is too dumb to figure out how to make an extra 20 minutes in their day for exercise.

Not all directed at you @Ron. You just brought it up.

Thanks, I will look at that!

And I know that you say it isnt directed at me, but one point of clarification.
Words are important to me and I try to choose them carefully. You will notice I dont think Ive ever said "I cant" or "dont have time"...I usually say "dont make time" or "havent prioritized it"

I work a lot like many here do. And my free time I choose to focus on spending with the kids or other things for my mental sanity. I very well could be using it for gym time. No doubt.
When I say its my biggest need...here is weird part...Im a gym rat. I love it. It truly makes my life more enjoyable. I still like being the block head in the gym doing dead lifts and front squats and power cleans (any over head press is out until I get the shoulder scoped...) but I choose not to do it because i choose to spend my time elsewhere. I'd rather sit in my daughters room and listen to shit music and hang out with her than go to the gym. I like that more.

But over the next few weeks Im going to be changing some stuff and hope to incorporate more anaerobic exercise. Y'all keep me accountable for that.

Now this is getting into some couch time shit, some personal introspection. What I have learned is I cant trust myself. I still have a very unhealthy relationship with food. I am a fat kid who loves to eat. So when I tell myself you can have a free day and eat what you want....a handful of trash snack food like cheezits turns into eating the whole damn box and going and buying another one and eating it too. I'm not sure that I'll ever break those urges. Its almost damn near addict like. When I start snacking I dont even realize Im eating and I can put away 5, 6 9k calories in a day.

The wild thing is that will pop my weight up a lb or two and Ill shed it right back off. in 2 days.

I'm 100% the same way. I avoid cheat days because they quickly turn into cheat weeks, and then cheat months. I stopped dieting in April after getting down to 252. Over the next 3 months I got back up to 270 without realizing it. Saw that on the scale, freaked out a bit, and got back to dieting. Only took 3 weeks to shed all of it back off. I'm pretty much always going to have to be on a diet from now on to keep my weight down. I have no self control.

@Ron You answered the question, and then some. I'll pass it along.

I havent posted in this thread until today, but I've been following along pretty much daily. At the end of last year, I was unhappy with myself, my body, my weight, like a few of you here. The only real change I made is changing my diet, trying to watch what I eat, and reduce the amount that I was eating. Not really any more excercise than normal, although I still plan to change that in the next few weeks. I lost about 20 pounds over the course of 2-3 months, and have managed to keep it off. But also like some of you, I've been slacking off the last few months. Eating more garbage food, eating more in general, drinking too many beers, etc.

So now I'm holding myself accountable, over the next few weeks/months I plan/hope to lose another 10-15 pounds, start exercising more, and maybe even get in the gym and start really working on myself, we will see about that last part.

8.5 mile ride after work with my wife. PRed a few climbs myself and she rocked 2 downhills.
Was good to get back with it after some junk food in Harlan over the weekend.
Screenshot_20190812-205857.png
55583.jpeg

Had a dr appt today. Haven't been since December, before i decided to eat better and exercise. I had a decent idea, but didn't have a hard, fast number to start with for my weight loss. Exercise has been a struggle this summer, but i managed to keep a decent diet. December i was 181 and today i was 158. It was nice to see that change on the sheet at the dr.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Had a dr appt today. Haven't been since December, before i decided to eat better and exercise. I had a decent idea, but didn't have a hard, fast number to start with for my weight loss. Exercise has been a struggle this summer, but i managed to keep a decent diet. December i was 181 and today i was 158. It was nice to see that change on the sheet at the dr.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
That's awesome news buddy. Congrats on the payoff from your hard work!

Bought a treadmill today for my little home gym (which until now was mainly just an empty bedroom with a rubber mat on the floor). I've never been able to run, I'd like to start now that I've lost so much weight.

IMG_20190818_192139.jpg

Speaking of my weight loss, I'm down to 238 now (from 372), hoping to get to 215 or so by the end of the year. The internet recommends like 175-195 for a 6'2" male, but I think I'll look like I'm dying if I get that low. But I can't say for sure as the last time I weighed under 200 pounds was in elementary school.

Jan 1st = 201.5 lbs. Bulked to 209.8 lbs by late April. I've been cutting since then, and hit a low of 191.8 lbs this morning. I'm the most ripped looking that I have ever been in my life with this amount of muscle. My strength is suffering a bit though.

Back