What have you done for your health today?

Ran my first ever straight through 5K tonight.
Screenshot_20230313_210954_Strava.jpg

I've been struggling to exercise over the last couple weeks. I'm letting projects take me away from that time. I did manage a mtn bike ride Thursday afternoon and got my workout in yesterday. I really need to keep this rolling, but it's hard.
Wuss. I've been doing it every weeknight since you posted the link. :flipoff2:

I've been struggling to exercise over the last couple weeks.

That's where I'm at. After dropping 49lbs, then going on vacation at the first of the year, I never got back in to the workout schedule I was doing. So I've slowly dropped 10lbs since then. Really just eating better. But I really do miss working out and how much more energy I felt I had above and beyond just eating better.

As posted before I've been dealing with Post Covid Syndrome since July of 2021.
Yesterday was day one of actual therapy at Comp Rehab.

Even my hair hurts this morning ....... I hate that little $&^% *^@#! therapist!

Started outdoor mtb again now some. But taking the dog with me. Asshole just trots behind me when we do 5 miles and he is just like okay dude. This is the pace we do? Wish we had more places he could do this with me at. Still trying to figure out how many miles he can do though

Started riding mini-bikes around 7 yrs old.
Early teens I had a 100 Kawasaki and the guy across the road had a 175 Kaw ....... and a white German Shepherd that would follow us EVERYWHERE!
He would run til we hit a creek ...... take a dive to cool down and get a drink then catch back up.

As posted before I've been dealing with Post Covid Syndrome since July of 2021.
Yesterday was day one of actual therapy at Comp Rehab.

Even my hair hurts this morning ....... I hate that little $&^% *^@#! therapist!

BTW- An MRI of the ol noggin' shows I have some nerve damage in my brain.
My wife could have told them that!

I have been walking / hiking a lot since June and have changed my diet. June 19th I was 294#, today I am 227#. I used to walk a lot and try to exercise after work a couple days a week but I still got bigger every year. One day I heard somebody say that you could not exercise or walk enough to offset a poor diet. I havent stopped eating anything completely, but have cut out most bread and potatoes. I have averaged around 2#s a week weight loss with some weeks more and some less.

I wont say what I am doing is correct or right, but I feel like a new man most days. My pants size has dropped from 42 to 36 and I may be in a set of 34s before long. It feels good to get back into pants that I havent worn since I was in college almost 20 years ago.

Well, 4 months later and I broke the 200# barrier. 199# today. I am still feeling better everyday. This past February I went snow skiing over at Boone for the first time ever at 43 years old, no way I could have done that at my old weight. Or at least have fun doing it. My son who is 10 went and snow boarded and we both had a blast. We went again last week while he was on Spring Break over to Sugar Mountain, NC. Being able to spend time with my kids doing things outdoors and having the energy to enjoy it is the biggest benefit to me being a little healthier

Oof, that's rough. How much longer are you in caffeine-free purgatory?
I had one cup of coffee last week. I’m not completely against caffeine but I don’t want to drink enough to where I get headaches without it

Dusted off my MTB for a ride today. I think it has been over a year. Edit, it has only been 3 months. I guess I am starting to lose it.

20230331_103510.jpg

20230331_114941.jpg

Last edited:
I believe this after what I see at my company gym.

I finally got in to see my doctor this morning after developing tremors that have persisted since Saturday and showed up out of the blue.

So far, stop taking ADHD meds and they did a bunch of blood work. We'll see how it goes.

It was super fun getting looked at like I was a drug addict or an alcoholic all day...

Day 10 of tremors, but they're not quite as bad as they were and I'm back at work tonight. They're still not sure what's going on, but I have to swing back by and have some more blood drawn tomorrow. We'll see how it goes! Hopefully no bad news on my birth anniversary week.

Day 10 of tremors, but they're not quite as bad as they were and I'm back at work tonight. They're still not sure what's going on, but I have to swing back by and have some more blood drawn tomorrow. We'll see how it goes! Hopefully no bad news on my birth anniversary week.
Dang Jake, i hope they figure out what's going on.

Back