What have you done for your health today?

Yesterday
107242.jpeg

Today
107239.jpeg

Sunday I rode kernersville mountain bike trail. This was the first trail I tried when I got back on my mountain bike a year or so ago. Trail is only 3.6 miles long but the first time I rode it i struggled and had to take some breaks. Sunday not only did I set a personal best time but I was able to ride the whole loop twice relatively easily with out breaks. Also little over a month ago we rode a trail in concord that was 14 miles long. I did take a few breaks but was able to complete the entire 14 miles. So making strides in the right direction.

Sunday I rode kernersville mountain bike trail. This was the first trail I tried when I got back on my mountain bike a year or so ago. Trail is only 3.6 miles long but the first time I rode it i struggled and had to take some breaks. Sunday not only did I set a personal best time but I was able to ride the whole loop twice relatively easily with out breaks. Also little over a month ago we rode a trail in concord that was 14 miles long. I did take a few breaks but was able to complete the entire 14 miles. So making strides in the right direction.
That's awesome buddy!

The wife and I ran in a poorly organized 5k this morning, the race route was actually less than 2 miles.....I knew something was up when I crossed the finish line in 14 mins!
I shoulda done that one. Probably could have came in under and hour!

Friday morning I decided to join about 45 students for a PT event. I contract on Ft Jackson teaching fresh lieutenants basic army stuff like shooting and land navigation. I’ve been out of the game for about 3 years now, but I decided to give it a go. It was an 8 mile ruck with only 30 pounds. I crushed those LT’s. I walked the 4 miles out at a hard pace and then ran 4 miles back. I had enough time to put my ruck away, eat a banana, drink a bottle of water, and talk to a buddy for a few minutes before the next soldier finally crossed the line. I was quite proud of myself. The crusty 42 year old putting the stank on the 20 something’s. I payed for it over the weekend (I’ll never tell them that), but it was worth it.

Took the wife on her first overnight backpacking trip. Decided to go to Linville Gorge as I've been before and knew most of the trails. Got to Pinch-In trailhead at 7:45PM. Hiked most of trail in the dark down the river(1.1 miles) to camp. Next morning we headed up Linville Gorge Trail. It started raining around 9am and didn't stop till 5pm. Even with rain jackets/rain covers on our packs, we got soaked. We made it the 4+ miles up the trail to the Connelly Cove trail and decided to push up out of the gorge to hopefully find a place where we could get out of the rain. The wife found this awesome rock overhang that already had a firepit and just enough room to put up the tent. We dried clothes, got warm and ate almost all of our food that we brought. The next day we decided to continue to hike out Connelly Cove back to the road as we were both exhausted(my aircore got a hole in it that day so I slept on the ground). The original plan was to take Rock Jock back but it was a hell of a lot easier walking on the road. Total mileage was 10.1 miles.

Already planning a day trip to tackle Rock Jock and the wife wants to go on more trips(as long as it doesn't rain...)

1619440362554.png

1619440402762.png

1619440421071.png

1619440447148.png

Took the wife on her first overnight backpacking trip. Decided to go to Linville Gorge as I've been before and knew most of the trails. Got to Pinch-In trailhead at 7:45PM. Hiked most of trail in the dark down the river(1.1 miles) to camp. Next morning we headed up Linville Gorge Trail. It started raining around 9am and didn't stop till 5pm. Even with rain jackets/rain covers on our packs, we got soaked. We made it the 4+ miles up the trail to the Connelly Cove trail and decided to push up out of the gorge to hopefully find a place where we could get out of the rain. The wife found this awesome rock overhang that already had a firepit and just enough room to put up the tent. We dried clothes, got warm and ate almost all of our food that we brought. The next day we decided to continue to hike out Connelly Cove back to the road as we were both exhausted(my aircore got a hole in it that day so I slept on the ground). The original plan was to take Rock Jock back but it was a hell of a lot easier walking on the road. Total mileage was 10.1 miles.

Already planning a day trip to tackle Rock Jock and the wife wants to go on more trips(as long as it doesn't rain...)

View attachment 344643

View attachment 344644

View attachment 344645

View attachment 344646
10 miles in Linville Gorge is like 20 miles everywhere else. Nice work!

Working/sitting at home in close proximity to snacks had me up about 10-15 pounds from where I like to be. Heard some folks in my workout group talking about intermittent fasting again so figured I'd give it a shot for a bit. It's been a week and a half and dropped 4 pounds doing 16/8 and skipping the weekend. Definitely not eating any healthier or I'm sure it would be even better.

Working/sitting at home in close proximity to snacks had me up about 10-15 pounds from where I like to be. Heard some folks in my workout group talking about intermittent fasting again so figured I'd give it a shot for a bit. It's been a week and a half and dropped 4 pounds doing 16/8 and skipping the weekend. Definitely not eating any healthier or I'm sure it would be even better.
Been doing this myself. I don't totally skip the weekend, but also don't care if I decide to have breakfast one morning or dessert one evening over the course of the week. I went down almost 10lbs in the first couple weeks, and now have leveled out over the past week or so. I'm thinking about going to the 24/0 plan to get from 204 down to my ideal weight of 135 per the BMI chart :laughing:

Been doing this myself. I don't totally skip the weekend, but also don't care if I decide to have breakfast one morning or dessert one evening over the course of the week. I went down almost 10lbs in the first couple weeks, and now have leveled out over the past week or so. I'm thinking about going to the 24/0 plan to get from 204 down to my ideal weight of 135 per the BMI chart :laughing:
The chart says healthy is 144-194 for me. I can see the upper end but pretty sure the lower would mean I'm dead.

Back