What have you done to your rig today?

Installed correct fuel cell vent line. When I got it, it didn't really have more than just an elbow....and it was full of dirt daubers.

Next on the list will be inspecting/improving the hydro assist steering. Turning right feels great. Turning left feels almost like no power steering at all. @Chris_Keziah and I looked at it briefly when working on something else on it and it's pretty obvious that the plumbing isn't ideal.

Let her stretch her legs.

IMG_20200405_113144.jpg

IMG_20200405_141020.jpg

IMG_20200405_113431.jpg

IMG_20200405_115046_664.jpg

Put the correct shift gate in the fox body. Previous owner had the wrong reverse pattern gate. Had to fish for gears in the C4. Now she bangs into gear nicely. Glad I did it. It was missing a c-clip on the linkage. It was close to falling off of the shifter. That would have sucked being stuck in whatever gear it fell off in. Been driving home in reverse or something.

Fixed a leaking brake line I had on the jeep. Discovered it when I went to move the jeep to set up my hammock. The banjo bolt had backed out a 1/4 of a turn.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

No pics but finally put a new fuel pump in it.....in the dark......in the middle of the woods. Hit a hill climb at full send in 2nd gear, jumped the Jeep and when it landed she cut off. It broke the fuel fuel assembly off in the cell, definitely a crazy break.

Said hill.
20200411_205000.jpg

The fuel pumpo_O
20200412_094255.jpg

Last edited:
No pics but finally put a nee fuel pump in it.....in the dark......in the middle of the woods. Hit a hill climb at full send in 2nd gear, jumped the Jeep and when it landed she cut off. It broke the fuel fuel assembly off in the cell, definitely a crazy break.

Said hill.
View attachment 315864
The fuel pumpo_O
View attachment 315866

Please tell me there’s video of this.

Put a little lipstick on a pig today. Some original equipment may have "fallen off" so the cheapest thing the parts store had took its place, and I also put an old, cracked grille in. The crosshair style grille is my favorite style and just makes the front of older Dodge trucks look good IMO.
20200412_152501.jpg

20200412_152518.jpg

Duane

No pics but finally put a nee fuel pump in it.....in the dark......in the middle of the woods. Hit a hill climb at full send in 2nd gear, jumped the Jeep and when it landed she cut off. It broke the fuel fuel assembly off in the cell, definitely a crazy break.

Said hill.
View attachment 315864
The fuel pumpo_O
View attachment 315866

Does the cell not sit on the bottom of the cell when installed? Weird break, may need a better bottom support

My HHR started sounding like like crap when I fired it up, the longer it ran the better it sounded. Found the expansion joint was cracked/broke. I guess when it got hot, it would close up some. Instead of buying whole assembly with cats, found a new style repair part. Out with the old and in with the new. $27 repair.
Old part
A8624234-A61B-4E34-808B-3E4CB764A502.jpeg

F3DCA056-10C0-4F6E-A4AD-C4F13A58B274.jpeg

New
39A40CBB-69F2-456F-8D11-24674F9CF407.jpeg

Does the cell not sit on the bottom of the cell when installed? Weird break, may need a better bottom support

I don't think it sits on the bottom I'm gonna look into. It definitely is a weird break and I can't be the only one with a Motobilt cell that wheels slightly harder than a grandma.

I don't think it sits on the bottom I'm gonna look into. It definitely is a weird break and I can't be the only one with a Motobilt cell that wheels slightly harder than a grandma.

How much fuel was in the cell? A good slap from the slosh of the fuel and the shock of the hit could probably wipe out the brittle plastic on that pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much fuel was in the cell? A good slap from the slosh of the fuel and the shock of the hit could probably wipe out the brittle plastic on that pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 3/4 or so, from a brief bit of research Pirate showed some threads about this back when the RCI tanks were the rave. I think it may have been hurt for awhile, thing wouldn't hold prime anymore so I'm betting all those Sunday drives to church did it in.

Back