What have you done to your rig today?

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by broncosbybart, Dec 4, 2015.

1. fordwheelinman

fordwheelinman Well-Known Member

First test drive was yesterday. Did GREAT.......right up until the right front caliper started locking the up. So it looks like it's getting new front brakes before it hits the road for daily use. Also found out the valve cover that I though was leaking, is a lot worse of a leak than first suspected, so it's getting a gasket too. Oil change, new air filter, it should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

broncosbybart, Joe J. and YotaOnRocks like this.
  2. Lurch830

Lurch830 messin' with sasquatch

While finishing up the wiring on my C30, I finally hard-wired the LED tailgate light bar on my F250 instead of using the 4-pin plug and added the rear view camera that's been riding around in the toolbox for 6+ years!

jeepinmatt and Joe J. like this.
  3. Croatan_Kid

Croatan_Kid How's your hammer hangin'?

At least I'm not the only one that does that kinda crap....buy something and then lose allllll motivation to install it for a few...years :D

jeepinmatt, Lurch830 and Joe J. like this.
  4. Lurch830

Lurch830 messin' with sasquatch

Got let it age! I'm just glad I didn't forget about it and buy a second one!

jeepinmatt likes this.
  5. rcalexander105

rcalexander105 Rod Alexander

Dang mighty fine looking stang man!

Always wanted a fox body since I was probably 13. One of these days I'll get me one.

Wes likes this.
  6. rockcity

rockcity everyday is a chance to get better

Rebuilt an old Warn 9.5ti and figured out how to fit it on a JLUR factory steel bumper.
    94FA6CB8-0161-44A8-A06A-DA44CF1770CD.jpeg

and installed some shackle mounts. Wanted to keep the factory steel bumper, so it was a challenge finding a way to do this without having something below the bumper and reduce ground clearance. These will also double up as tow bar mounts to flat tow behind the RV.
    7793AEDC-8896-4E23-88E9-E65C6309B618.jpeg

16CDA3C2-1716-414D-8C9A-2E7242636316.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  7. cufor98

cufor98 Well-Known Member

Good looking fox body. Is that a notch back or hatch back? I always liked the notch backs and no GT plastic better for some reason.

Wes likes this.
  8. Wes

Wes Well-Known Member

It’s a 92 notch. They’ve always been my favorite as well.

9. Wes

Wes Well-Known Member

I appreciate it. Took me a long time to find it.

rcalexander105 likes this.
  10. rcalexander105

I think a 92 GT vert would be what I'd have w/ those same wheels as you. Pretty much any dark color (grey with black interior preferably)...definitely no red or white.

Wes likes this.
  11. Wes

Wes Well-Known Member

Pull the trigger man. We ain’t getting any younger. I definitely didn’t need it, but I wanted it. I figure it’s something I can give to my son when he gets older. These fox body’s aren’t gonna depreciate anytime soon. They seem to hold their value if not go up depending on body style and condition. Get you one.

rcalexander105 likes this.
  12. rcalexander105

You're right, but like the rest of us...too many projects and not enough space.

One of the "hand-me-downs" I plan to give my boys one day is the 1978 F-150 Custom that's been in my family for 3 generations now. Granddad bought it in 78 as the parts truck for his Lincoln / Mercury dealership in Thomasville. Dad got the truck and dealership when Granddad passed. It quit running and Dad put it at the edge of a field for 10+ years, and I finally pulled it out about 10 years ago and got it back running (pic below is the day I pulled it out). It needs more TLC now but I also need a shop where I can tinker and then walk away.

Fox body is certainly on my list of dream rides. Other dream rides include, but certainly not limited to, late-60s / early-70s F100 2wd short wheelbase and early / mid-60s Lincoln Continental.

upload_2020-4-28_15-53-43.png

StretchASU, Atla, cufor98 and 2 others like this.
  13. fordwheelinman

Working on the Dakota again. Got it 100% legal, now it's time to make it streetable.

All new brakes for the front: lines, calipers, rotors, and pads. New wheel bearings and seals.

Had no drivers wiper. Pulled it down, though bushing had gone bad again. Thought arm gear was stripped as drivers arm worked on passenger side. Drilled/tapped it and put in a 10-24 stainless screw, half ass worked. Pulled arm off and found the gear was slipping on the drive "axle". So I drilled it and pinned it. Put the screw back just to help hold the arm on and take some stress off the pin.

New plugs, wires, cap, and rotor.

New air filter.

Getting a new valve cover gasket and oil change soon as it's off the stands.

Still to come: replace the parking brake cables, if available, or modify them if not. Put a radio in it, figure out why the horn isn't working, fix the blower motor issue.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. jcramsey

jcramsey Well-Known Member

New master cylinder and brake hoses on the c10 the other day and worked on a Y pipe last night. Don’t worry, Im using high temp painters tape.

A71839C4-DB41-4321-9A89-D329DB2B0CB8.jpeg

Drug this gem home today. My wife was super pumped. :D

7C226771-A6EB-4C67-A5CA-C7493FA7CC12.jpeg
    1C7337CD-D548-4A81-BB54-EE04E371A6AA.jpeg

shawn, shelby27604, Atla and 10 others like this.
  15. orange150

orange150 Well-Known Member

Got my center console mounted in so I can start figuring out the best way to run all this wiring.

E04FFE38-E7AE-47C7-BF1A-205D0B21BE04.jpeg 506C7545-D132-4F91-9665-66B1BF2BC74B.jpeg

I think I’m going to run the wires out the drivers’ side of the console then follow the same path as the rear light harness

Caver Dave and Jody Treadway like this.
  16. Chris_Keziah

Chris_Keziah Joe Dirt @ Rev Limit Fab

Friday @77GreenMachine and myself got the radio and backup camera in the Dodge. Along with mounting the CB.

Loads of stuff under the console. Along with tons and tons of wasted space.
    20200507_192409.jpg
    20200509_141116.jpg
    Saturday the Dodge got some fresh oil, fuel filters, and finally some new headlights and adjusted the bumper.
    20200509_141018.jpg
    20200509_133817.jpg
    Also got a new fire extinguisher mount for the turd muffin. The bartact made it a pain to get it in and out in the event you actually need it.
    20200508_140000.jpg

17. Jody Treadway

Jody Treadway Croc wearing fool Moderator

Hey @Chris_Keziah now add a block heater to that pile. You were right there!

Chris_Keziah and CLRracer like this.
  18. tlucier

tlucier Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that extinguisher is under a recall. Check the Kidde website to confirm, but I’m pretty sure it is. You can get a free replacement.

jeepinmatt likes this.
  19. Chris_Keziah

All it needs is the cord...I think, fairly certain it's there just no cord.

20. Chris_Keziah

Iol check just to see. Had it awhile, probably wouldn't hurt to replace it anyways.

21. Jody Treadway

Jody Treadway Croc wearing fool Moderator

It is. It's the one with the black plastic cap on it. I added a cord to mine too.

Chris_Keziah likes this.
  22. jcramsey

jcramsey Well-Known Member

Picked this up yesterday. Guy I bought the FJ40 from had it at a shop in North Charleston so I didn’t get it when I hauled the FJ40 home. Supposedly ran a few years ago. Turns over by hand and it looks like somebody changed the oil right before they pulled it. Fingers crossed. Now I just need to find a good cheap carb...

31FD80A0-0345-4573-B10C-C28B816DF176.jpeg

23. 1stgenxxx

1stgenxxx Well-Known Member

20200520_234319.jpg

Superduty weld on hi steer arms. @Barnes 4wd has the beef!

ncsutj and Jody Treadway like this.
  24. shelby27604

shelby27604 Well-Known Member

Did a full tune-up on the tow rig (plugs, wires, fluids, shocks)....I was pleasantly surprised, all 8 plugs looked great, and most of the fluids were clean.

Looks like the old shocks were the source of mysterious squeak (truck rode like a caddy with the blown shocks, rides a bit rougher now).

Took the heat gun to all the old sun-worn plastics, it takes a bit of patience, but it all looks like it is 3 years old instead of 24!

Attached Files:

jcramsey likes this.
  25. fordwheelinman

It's not to, but for. Old school work truck project is gathering steam.

Truck was originally purchased by my father in May of 1978. 400ci V8, C6, NP205, trailer special, had dual tanks, need to put the front tank back in.[​IMG][​IMG]