What have you done to your rig today?

Chief got a shiny new radiator. Figured I may as well change tranny filter while it was on the lift. Things looked pretty good for a 41 year old. Also got tag and insurance so it is a legal beagle now!
rad.jpg

rad2.jpg

rad3.jpg

Picked up some TJ quarter panel guards for @ramjo yesterday...I think I know the real reason he planned to come visit next week now.
View attachment 319737

I always do a pretrip parts deal search before I come down.....just glad you got them for me...unlike that time you didn't get that Mickey Thompson classic lock wheel for $25 that you can't find anywhere. #neverforget

Took her for a spin for the first time in a looong time. Not done yet, but it was nice to drive her. Extremely happy with the handling and ride. 117” wheelbase compared to 93 does wonders.
242b79c1703311eb8bde1fcc50545cb6.jpg

Also changed out my steering wheel for a PRP one with an NRG quick disconnect and installed a convex rearview mirror.
179e84555d4884e7fad9305d01e98c9d.jpg

isnt there someone on here with a 3D printer? Could possibly make a new gear for it.
I think that's @RatLabGuy
Most people say to find a junkyard one, if you even can find one, and scavenge parts to make one good one... Actually I'm wondering if I could buy a Crown replacement, rob the parts, and then return it. Seems those things get shipped out broken from the factory anyway.

I think that's @RatLabGuy
Most people say to find a junkyard one, if you even can find one, and scavenge parts to make one good one... Actually I'm wondering if I could buy a Crown replacement, rob the parts, and then return it. Seems those things get shipped out broken from the factory anyway.

While fairly small/tedious... an hour with a couple HF mini-files should net you a working gear.
Getting the rivet out and suitably re-securing the new gear will likely take more time?

Ok, spun it over and everything seems to be good. Rockers were all tight. Pushrods are straight.
Pulled the plugs, all looked good but 4 and 5 look like this. These plugs are not old AT ALL

A0117294-A7E1-4099-9A8E-D6D1E47D6AC6.jpeg
BC97217B-526A-4DF4-971C-950EA2F2B18F.jpeg
440E6C30-4D81-4F04-BB28-7FD889FA0457.jpeg

20200703_204846.jpg

Only picture I took, but I wrangled a 727 and 208 out of a parts truck this afternoon. Been a while since I've tackled a project like this, felt good to be under a truck again.

Duane

Back