What have you done to your rig today?

I cracked my rear end open and let it drain and stuffed some underwear in it so the scabs would not get in my rear end
20200712_210131.jpg

Then I scraped most of the dingleberries off my rear end.There is some metal in the cover, I added another strong magnet bout 6 months ago and you can see what it sucked up, I moved it about 3 months,you can see the ring to the right of its position now beside the factory magnet....

20200712_210229.jpg

20200712_210416.jpg

It's a G 80 in there and it looks pretty clean inside, pretty tight too.gonna slap a lubelocker and new cover in the morning.
20200708_172614.jpg
I hope when my rearend shits the the bed I can reuse the lubelocker.

Last edited:
The clean plug looked decent. The oily/carbonated ones, not so good. I've got low compression on 1 cylinder, where the plug show some oil, but not as bad as yours. Had 1 engine years back that due to overheating, it Cooked the rings. Added 2 Qt.s oil with every fill up! Plugs looked more caked with carbon, than oil, but it was sucking oil. I don't know much about the Leak down test, but it's confusing you have near same reading on all test. :confused:

Welded the tubes to the center section on my super booty Dana 60. The drivers side has the casting cut off so I wasn’t going to leave it alone. Not really inclined to put a truss on this since the housing is massive.

Preheated to +400 degrees F then hit it with 3 passes of 7018 on the ol stick machine. Post heat and wrapped up for slow cooling. Would have liked some nickel rod but this should be good.

a946940886f6056b29d721c17a18d6ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F250 clutch pedal hit the dash on the way to Albemarle Saturday....unusual, but I'll limp it the rest of the way and investigate there. Shifted to 5th, 'BANG', now the pedal is on the floor with the trans in 5th. Couldn't slip the gears or rev match to get into 3rd or 4th at the I85/I73 & 220 interchange so it came to rest on the side of the road next to the double merge lanes...not the best location. Was able to put the connecting rod into the slave cylinder with a zip tie on the clutch pedal stud to keep it from falling off & just rested my foot on the pedal when not shifting. Got the master/slave assembly and changed it out in 30 minutes...all this to borrow a motorcycle trailer for next weekend!
(*cough* Brotherhood Strong Firefighter Benefit Ride *cough*)
Hooked up to the trailer and none of the lights work! 2 hours later I've rewired the whole trailer to get rid of the wire nuts & installed new lights...hooked up & headed back to my house for a cold beer. Decided to share on here to earn a 2nd & 3rd!

PSC CBR pump, all lines sized to psc specs, 30 row cooler up front, anti splash vent thingy..even added a temp gauge. The new pump has way more power. Hopefully it will last a while
20200802_211628.jpg

Relocated the Evap Canister on the Jeep. I don't know why Chrysler thought it was a good idea to mount a plastic box on the lowest point of an off-road vehicle.

Safely sits over and behind my rear diff now.

IMG_20200809_174916.jpg

I did the poor man method and mounted it directly to the tub. I painted the holes I drilled to prevent future rust. All told 3xbolts, washers, locking nuts and one foot of 5/8 fuel hose. Dirt cheap mod.

Not the 4x4 but I got the new carpet/floor pan patches finished up on my Fairlane. I'm going back with stock interior, removing the roll cage and shitty racing buckets.
KIMG0743.JPG
KIMG0705.JPG
KIMG0695.JPG
KIMG0697.JPG

Threw some bling and hopefully some more reliability at the ole F-350 recently. Did an 08+ aluminum diff cover and lube locker, with some G2 hubs to replace the factory plastic ones. For less than $50 on the cover it seemed good enough deal to try it out. And $130 for the hubs was a smoking deal on Amazon that @adamk told me about. Thanks again holmes. :rockon:
IMG_20200810_144125362.jpg
IMG_20200728_175916391.jpg

Threw some bling and hopefully some more reliability at the ole F-350 recently. Did an 08+ aluminum diff cover and lube locker, with some G2 hubs to replace the factory plastic ones. For less than $50 on the cover it seemed good enough deal to try it out. And $130 for the hubs was a smoking deal on Amazon that @adamk told me about. Thanks again holmes. :rockon:

That hub and wheel combo just looks amazing. So much better than the stock hubs

Relocated the Evap Canister on the Jeep. I don't know why Chrysler thought it was a good idea to mount a plastic box on the lowest point of an off-road vehicle.

Safely sits over and behind my rear diff now.

View attachment 323569

I did the poor man method and mounted it directly to the tub. I painted the holes I drilled to prevent future rust. All told 3xbolts, washers, locking nuts and one foot of 5/8 fuel hose. Dirt cheap mod.
In all fairness, whoever said JKs were off-road vehicles?
:)

In all fairness, whoever said JKs were off-road vehicles?
:)
But I thought that's what the "Trail Rated" badge meant?

You mean that's just a marketing ploy that they stick on everything (including a Fiat err... Jeep... Renegade)?

I feel lied to... Damn it, now I need to add more parts to my JK to feel more secure in its off-roadness... Skid plates should do the trick! And more LED lights!

Damn you and the Crocs you walk on!

Just an FYI, if you break a shaft on a BJ super duty 60 you also lose the ball joints and the knuckle falls off. Ask me how I know lol
eca79617d1d5bc6dd9815245623c2823.jpg
568831ffd9510e2fa501333d5d112aed.jpg
810ae777f7b84a293cfe6e5b3fb9e2c3.jpg
6ed6bc60c9c71738a41d4b01857456da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
BJ eliminators solve that. The ones for a 60, not getting married.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Got me some cool doors made on my rig, love working with square tubing, so much neater and cleaner looking.
20200820_114814.jpg
20200820_115137.jpg

Back