What have you done to your rig today?

Started cutting my center console up to fit my new light panel.

View attachment 290552
View attachment 290553

And yes I'm aware it hangs over a tad. It's between the seats so you'll never notice it and it beats having to fab up another console. I did some more grinding and it actually fits better now and doesn't hang over the front. At some point I'll post a pic when I'm finished with it all.
That will handle a bunch of them light bars for sure

Took it for a shake down run down the road. Everything seems good except my alternator isn't charging. I had it unhooked to replace a coolant pipe so I'll have to check my connections. Was planning to drive it to work in the AM but may have to wait if I can't fix the charging issue in the next little bit.
0411190007.jpg

Not sure what the charging issue is. My voltmeter said the alt. was putting out 95-100 volts at the alternator terminal. Didn't evem know that was possible. I forgot to unhook the battery cable before trying to remove it a couple weeks ago and arced the wrench off the manifold. Maybe i fried something.

Not sure what the charging issue is. My voltmeter said the alt. was putting out 95-100 volts at the alternator terminal. Didn't evem know that was possible. I forgot to unhook the battery cable before trying to remove it a couple weeks ago and arced the wrench off the manifold. Maybe i fried something.
Internally or externally regulated?

Charged the battery while I was at work today and when I hooked everything back up I'm getting 14.2 volts at the battery while running now. I guess the battery was too dead to excite the alternator?

Picked up some vintage tags this morning for my 78 F150 and 85 4Runner.
6560307924182e26520cfa1a0ef6ecc9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Actually working on my Jeep! Installed front bumper and winch a few weeks ago. Finished up the Artec heavy duty crossmember with long arm mounts and alumn smooth belly skids yesterday. Next will be the Artec full axle truss kit and Barnes 1 Ton drag link and tie rod kit. I may actually make it on the trails this year....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Second one I've made. Over a decade ago I used all sections of galvanized pipe with washers welded to each end. Cut a mud flap down to put on each end so it wouldn't squeak .

I hate that I have to lift the cab, but the 3.4 engine is too tall. It's about to get exocage and the extra height will make sliders easier to attach.

Not rig, but rig hauler. Started rebuilding my bent ass trailer. Replacing 5’ of the frame, two new axles, new spring hangers,shackles, bolts, ubolts, plates, two new wheels, new lights.
61939B13-BC67-4BF0-96BC-D3AD6EA83405.jpeg
5634B6A4-558C-4914-B6A1-385C834A48A7.jpeg
5634B6A4-558C-4914-B6A1-385C834A48A7.jpeg
5BF0BA24-91BE-45B9-8BA4-1B35976CE206.jpeg

Realized today I need some help on the sheetmetal work. It is worse than I thought once I started digging in. Know a guy with all the tools and know how, I just need to figure out how to make some good templates so we can make the pieces at his shop with the truck at my shop.

Back