What is your biggest pet peeve?

People who use the self check out at harris teeter with their 2 weeks worth of groceries.

There was about 8 of us in linebehind her and we all got through befere she was even halfway done. And she had a 1 inch stack of cupons too!

People who use the self check out at harris teeter with their 2 weeks worth of groceries.

There was about 8 of us in linebehind her and we all got through befere she was even halfway done. And she had a 1 inch stack of cupons too!

That's why you let the pros at the registers scan the groceries. It's free and they know what they're doing. And their registers scan faster and don't need to pause for item weight to scan the next item.

I hate self check, it never saves time unless I have 2 items and there is no one waiting. Otherwise, it's a completely hollow illusion of convenience. It's handicapping your ability to save time by doing it yourself.

My rules for self checkout. These should be posted at the entrance.

1. No carts
2. No uncoded produce
3. No alcohol
4. No checks
5. No coupons

This would leave the lane open for fast checkout in the case you came in, let's say, to only buy some Imodium AD or something like that.

That's why you let the pros at the registers scan the groceries. It's free and they know what they're doing. And their registers scan faster and don't need to pause for item weight to scan the next item.

I hate self check, it never saves time unless I have 2 items and there is no one waiting. Otherwise, it's a completely hollow illusion of convenience. It's handicapping your ability to save time by doing it yourself.

I also think they should give you a discount when you use the self checkout because they are not paying a person to do it.

I was waiting in the only line open the other day, behind a lady with a few things. I had about 10 items 2 of which were 6 packs of beer, so no sense in trying self checkout.

A customer service manager approaches and says , "Sir, self checkout is open."

No thanks, I'll wait .

Oh its easy I'll show you.

No thanks I'll wait.

Sir we are judged by the average wait time of customers, please just try the self checkout it helps me and saves you time.
(No clue how this is timed)

Sure I'll self check out. Where do I clock in, and where is my uniform?
Trust me, you wouldn't want to work here.
You are right, that's why I'll wait..

Ego (parallel to self entitlement). No matter how great you think you may be in any particular field, someone else is better. You may know them, or may not. Stay humble, stay receptive, and show gratitude for any input that they are generous to give you. If they didn't give a flying fawk, they wouldn't go out of their way to enlighten you.
Not a pet peeve, but a philosophy.... Every person you meet in this world knows someTHING that you do not. It is up to you to take the initiative to obtain this knowledge. Stay open, stay humble, and it will cost you nothing. If the knowledge this other person obtains is truly useful to you, you'll know it. It's free. Get it. Contribute and rejoice.
;)

People that chew with their mouths open or make excessive open mouth noises when they eat or chew gum.
People that make noise when they breathe.
People that hit their brakes for no reason, when there is no on in front of them, no stop sign, and so forth. Yes, you're going down a hill. Yes, you'll speed up a little. No, you don't need to ride your brakes to keep it dead on 55.
People that drive 55.
Fifty-five mile per hour speed limits. Or 45. Or 35. Or 25. Speed limits in general.
People that pass the buck concerning something they clearly were, or should have been, responsible for.

There are more, but I'm tired of typing.

I was waiting in the only line open the other day, behind a lady with a few things. I had about 10 items 2 of which were 6 packs of beer, so no sense in trying self checkout.

A customer service manager approaches and says , "Sir, self checkout is open."

No thanks, I'll wait .

Oh its easy I'll show you.

No thanks I'll wait.

Sir we are judged by the average wait time of customers, please just try the self checkout it helps me and saves you time.
(No clue how this is timed)

Sure I'll self check out. Where do I clock in, and where is my uniform?
Trust me, you wouldn't want to work here.
You are right, that's why I'll wait..
I always assumed self check-out was invented for the sake of people who really don't want human contact and are trying to avoid having to talk to a cashier. Otherwise, what's the value? Like you said, it's slower.

although *technically* it does save IF it means they can have more lanes available. E.g. 4 people doing self-check-out in place of 1 traditional cashier is still faster in total even if each one takes 2x the time (because they are running in parallel).

Even better than self check out is Sam's Scan and Go. I usually only go to Sam's for one or two things. Now I can walk in and walk out.

I like self check out as long as I'm only getting 1-9 items.

I always assumed self check-out was invented for the sake of people who really don't want human contact and are trying to avoid having to talk to a cashier.

This.

And I like it.

This.

And I like it.

Harris Teeter by my house is even better. They have drive up groceries. Submit your list, head to the store. Put in code, someone comes out with groceries and loads car, you swipe the card at the outdoor drive pull up kiosk and drive on.

Harris Teeter by my house is even better. They have drive up groceries. Submit your list, head to the store. Put in code, someone comes out with groceries and loads car, you swipe the card at the outdoor drive pull up kiosk and drive on.
our local Wal-Mart is doing this now. I personally hate wal-mart and hate sending my $$ there but my wife absolutely loves the convenience. Apparently they have hired a whole group of people just to be the shoppers. She goes the same time every 2 weeks and always gets the same guy, says he's really friendly and it's a great interaction.

... hm now I that I think it I better investigate this guy a little closer lol

Back to pet peeve:
when I get new tires mounted (the only time I'll take my car to a shop) and the monkey doing the job uses his impact to zip on the lugs with 900 ft lbs, resulting in me not being able to get the !@#$ lugs off again to rotate the tires w/o using a shit-ton of force w/ my own impact.
It's annoying to me, but more importantly I think about the inevitable time my wife gets a flat on the side of the road and can't get the tire off...

Back to pet peeve:
when I get new tires mounted (the only time I'll take my car to a shop) and the monkey doing the job uses his impact to zip on the lugs with 900 ft lbs, resulting in me not being able to get the !@#$ lugs off again to rotate the tires w/o using a shit-ton of force w/ my own impact.
It's annoying to me, but more importantly I think about the inevitable time my wife gets a flat on the side of the road and can't get the tire off...
Tire Kingdom did this to me once. I made them break the lug nuts back loose and tighten them by hand with a torque wrench.

When you leave space between your vehicle and the one in front of you to safely stop or perform an evasive move and someone thinks you were reserving that space for them. You should immediately be able to put them in to the wall with no repercussions.

Tire Kingdom did this to me once. I made them break the lug nuts back loose and tighten them by hand with a torque wrench.
The local shop I usually use did it again for the second time. Last time I did just that, went back and bitched. The manager was pissed and made his guy come out to the car and break them all lose and re-tighten them right there where it was parked beside the door. Generally good guys so I let it go. Unfortunately this time I didn't think about it until several months later when it was tire change time.

When you leave space between your vehicle and the one in front of you to safely stop or perform an evasive move and someone thinks you were reserving that space for them. You should immediately be able to put them in to the wall with no repercussions.
I hate that shit. Tailgating drives me batty, I know I'm not the fastest draw in the west and my brakes probably aren't the best, so I always leave a good distance in front of me.
Those are the rare times I wish I had a roof-mounted LED bar on my Mazda.

The local shop I usually use did it again for the second time. Last time I did just that, went back and bitched. The manager was pissed and made his guy come out to the car and break them all lose and re-tighten them right there where it was parked beside the door. Generally good guys so I let it go. Unfortunately this time I didn't think about it until several months later when it was tire change time.

I usually give them a pep talk about using a torque wrench when I hand over the keys, and tell them the torque spec. I doubt they've ever followed the torque I told them, but it seems to make them know I'm watching. They've always been easy to break free when I get home to re-torque (for reasons of proper torque for wife on side of road).

I'll be that guy. I don't care if I offend you (but I'm not trying to); just do your job and change my tires like I'm paying you to do. If that's a problem, and you don't want to do your job properly and don't care about my safety, I'll leave you in peace and take my money elsewhere.

Last edited:
IMG_3461.JPG
Lazy fuckers who litter! I live on a parish (county to the rest of the world) road. It dead ends at the gate to my property/driveway. There is a small turn around before my gate and for the second time since we have lived there some twat waffle has decided to dump a pickup load of household trash in the turn out. This time I got that ass though because the ignorant fucks left their mail in plain sight so got some pictures and stopped by the sheriffs office this morning and filed a police report. I hope those fuckers pay dearly.

View attachment 243111 Lazy fuckers who litter! I live on a parish (county to the rest of the world) road. It dead ends at the gate to my property/driveway. There is a small turn around before my gate and for the second time since we have lived there some twat waffle has decided to dump a pickup load of household trash in the turn out. This time I got that ass though because the ignorant fucks left their mail in plain sight so got some pictures and stopped by the sheriffs office this morning and filed a police report. I hope those fuckers pay dearly.
I just don't understand why they would do that. There are so many dumpsters in the world. People are stupid.

Last edited:
the ignorant fucks left their mail in plain sight so got some pictures and stopped by the sheriffs office this morning and filed a police report. .

I guess I think a different way..... my first stop wouldn't have been the sheriff, but rather donuts in this assholes yard at 3am followed by redistribution of all this material in said donut field. Maybe a few flaming paper bags of human feces on all the exits of their home, and a sprayer full of weed killer to spell "twatwaffle" on the part of the yard I couldn't access with donuts....you know for that gift that keeps on giving in the weeks to come

I would have a hard time not re-dumping it on them too. You did the right thing though.
Reminds me of Alice's Restaurant o_O

the little tailgating knuckleheads. sometimes i can't even tell they are back there because that little car tucks right in out of view. can't see them over the spare, can't see them in the side views. one of these days i'm gonna have to clamp on the binders and they will be scraping the mud off my muffler.

Back