White Noise

its sad to see this thing not drivable. Clay, i hope you get everything worked out and back on the road soon! :driver:

Good luck man I cant wait to wheel with ya this year!!

Ordered my 1 ton steering from ECGS yesterday... at my door today!! Now that is fast!

Well I finally got my insurance settlement check, now time to buy parts. I already have the 1 ton steering from ECGS, and I just ordered a new track bar and bushings from KOR, I also ordered a Clayton belly skid.

I also ordered two new wheels (my spare wheel needed to be replaced anyway), and one 35" Trxus MT (back ordered for 4 weeks).

Hopefully the repairs will start soon, just need to have the jeep towed to my buddy's shop.

Great news! The jeep started today with no problem, the winch still works and the transmission shifts into all gears no problem! So hopefully all the damage was just to the steering.

Finally got some pictures of my new DD. 2004 Yukon XL Denali with the 6.0. Sold the Tahoe because the family is growing and we need more room. So far it is awesome, and a nice upgrade from the Tahoe.

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_022.jpg

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_024_1.jpg

Also, finally getting the Jeep towed tomorrow tog et everything fixed. I am going to fix everything, but one upgrade is I am adding a Clayton belly skid.

I originally primed the bar metal skid and then starting spraying it with bedliner. Well I learned that bedliner is not compatible with regular metal primer... as soon as I sprayed the bedliner over the primer (after 48 hours of dry time on the primer) the primer started bubling up under the bedliner. So I had to scrape all the remaining primer off, I had to use brake cleaner to get the primer off, and then spray the bedliner directly onto the bare metal.

MMMM bedliner

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_034.jpg

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_026_1.jpg

Here is all the scraped off primer

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_030_1.jpg

Looking good man I like the new DD as well!

Thanks man, the Yukon is a huge step up from the Tahoe, and with the 6.0 it may turn into a back up tow vehicle ;)

The dodge is the tow rig, and firewood hauler, so I will have to keep her around too.

Jeep is fixed, just waiting on another 35" Trxus tire, ETA is one more month :(

Got the jeep back home today!

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_021_1.jpg

New ECGS 1 ton steering

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_013_1.jpg

New Clayton belly skid

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_015_1.jpg

New Flowmaster Hushpower exhaust

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_017.jpg

The jeep is back!!

Sweet Jeep bro! Making me miss the ZJ I used to have! Just read your whole thread, love the looks of the Jeep, great build! Looks like you have a lot of fun with it too!!! :driver:

Thanks man! I love it, it was my second vehicle that I ever bought, and I never see me getting rid of it. LOL, yeah I try to use it to its full potential :D

Thanks Longshot! I think it sure has come a long way and I glad it is just not me being biased ;)

Big changes to the ZJ!

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_Jeepexo1.jpg

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_Jeepexo2.jpg

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_Jeepexo3.jpg

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_Jeepexo4.jpg

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_Jeepexo5.jpg

Brought the Jeep home yesterday. PJ at M&M Offroad did a fantastic job and a great price.

All that is left to do is spray the outside of the tube.

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_Exo1.jpg

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_Exo2.jpg

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_Exo3.jpg

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_Exo4.jpg

Still haven't painted it yet, so far no rust on the welds or the tube, so hopefully I can get some paint on it tonight.

Back