Who's reading what??

1-tonmudder

Doin my part to stir the pot.
Its that time of year when not much is goin on,weather is shitty and cold so I usually try to do some reading.Im currently reading "The devil is here in these hills".Its a book about the WV coal miners and their fight to unionize.Anyobdy else reading this winter??

Currently in:

Atomic Habits by James Clear
There's No Such Thing As Bad Weather by Linda McGurk

Highly recommend both

I'm currently reading NC4X4, and you are too :p

"The Hive" by Orson Scott Card and Aaron Johnston, SciFi based in the Ender's Game Universe.... It's gonna piss me off probably too, cause the third book in the trilogy isn't released yet... Unless you've already read most of the series, I don't recommend it, cause you'll have no idea what's going on. Since Card started to work with Aaron Johnston, the books tend to spend long passages dwelling on a character's internal struggles long after you understand them, But if you are a fan of the series, they are worth the read.

Just started reading Three Wise Men. by Beau Wise. The story of three brothers that serve and two are killed in action.

Re reading the Galexy's Edge series by Jason Anspech and Nick Cole prior the the series continuation in "season 2". Military SF by 2 Veterans.

I had not read for pleasure in decades until November, when our F3 group was challenged to read a book, any book. Well, I downloaded the app Libby, and used it to check out an e-book from the local library. It was a Star Wars novel, “Kenobi”. It got me hooked. I’ve read like 4 or 5 Star Wars novels since then! Currently reading “Heir to the Empire”.

Still trying to finish 1984 again. Keep getting confused if im reading or watching the news!

Also re reading West of Prehistoric.

Highly recommend both!

Im currently reading "The devil is here in these hills". Its a book about the WV coal miners and their fight to unionize.
That's a great read, also check out "Bloodletting in Appalachia" on the same subject. (Bill Blizzard was my great-grandmother's uncle.)

I'm currently reading a book that is a bit of a cross between The Land That Time Forgot, and Army of Darkness, written by some dude named @Atla . Pretty darn good so far.

Prep for trip in the fall
image.jpg

Ok so that raise the question,where do you get your reading material?? Do you order a physical copy online or just down load it?? I personally still want to go to the book store and browse thru the books until I find something I think Ill like.

Been putting a lot of time in on a series about a mischievous but lovable little monkey and his friend with a yellow hat. My favorite in the past few years has been the original collection of stories about a bear of very little brain and his friends from a rather large forest.

That's a great read, also check out "Bloodletting in Appalachia" on the same subject. (Bill Blizzard was my great-grandmother's uncle.)
Looked it up and it also listed this.Appears Bill Blizzard was a union leader??
Screenshot (9).png

Just read two riveting books...one about perseverance and the other about being self aware. The first being a story called ‘The Little Excavator’...the other is called ‘Theres a hole in the log’
Your daughter might be a little young yet but Jake really liked Junie B Jones books and "Rotten school"

Berenstain Bears. Sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.

Just read two riveting books...one about perseverance and the other about being self aware. The first being a story called ‘The Little Excavator’...the other is called ‘Theres a hole in the log’
My now 4 year old loves the book "the little excavator" Every-time we see one she says daddy can we have the "excabator" lol

My now 4 year old loves the book "the little excavator" Every-time we see one she says daddy can we have the "excabator" lol
Now you're 2 against one! Go get an excabator! :D

Looked it up and it also listed this.Appears Bill Blizzard was a union leader??

Years ago I was deep into the WV coal wars. Its really crazy to see the conversion of what Unions started as and what they are today, imho.
You start reading history and you are like Hell yeah we all need unions...then you look at modern day and go WTF are these blow hard arguing for.

Back