Who's reading what??

20210619_200631.jpg

My daughter loves that book. Every time she sees one, she says " Little E, Little E!"
We just got this from imagination library and munchkin loves it.

I read David Goggins "You Can't Hurt Me".

Great example of a man who puts everything before his family and achieves greatness.

And I don't say that in jest, as you read the book, you'll see him barely mention his failed marriages and unseen kids as he talks about how badass he becomes. (And he IS badass... it just came at a cost he never mentions.)

I read David Goggins "You Can't Hurt Me".

Great example of a man who puts everything before his family and achieves greatness.

And I don't say that in jest, as you read the book, you'll see him barely mention his failed marriages and unseen kids as he talks about how badass he becomes. (And he IS badass... it just came at a cost he never mentions.)
That was my thoughts on his "achievements" too. I have to wonder if it was all worth it. I wasn't impressed but I know my priorities are different. I couldn't help but think he brought most of the struggles on himself by failing to plan & prepare.

I finished 3 Wise men. Great read. I also finished Low level Hell before that about the scout chopper pilots in the Big Red One in Vietnam. Man that was a good read. I'm now reading this:

1630597000554.png

After my FIL passed we found a diary of his service in Vietnam. We knew he he was in Vietnam he use to tell us. I thought it was with the Army or some of the other well known branches that were there. Through his diary we learned he was a part of USCG Squadron 1. Once I work through this I plan to read this one:

1630597433341.png

I read We Were Solders. And the follow up book. I read a lot of what I call modern military history. Most all read like action novels imho.

As some of you may remember, I collect and read Ford Fact/Source books and other bound Ford literature from 59-97. I finally managed to track this one down. Primarily bought it to cross reference what was assumed to be a typo in the 1500ish page 1973-79 master parts catalog for light trucks, that’s resulted in a long standing rumor about optional headlight bezels for fleet trucks in 79, and this little baby settled that debate. Quite difficult to come up with, I’ve been looking for one for 7 years to end the debate…and aside from a couple 70-80yo parts guys/salesmen, no one has really seen one before, much less read it.

A6C1DD83-CECC-47FA-81EA-B80FCB1FC9D6.jpeg

Last edited:
As some of you may remember, I collect and read Ford Fact/Source books and other bound Ford literature from 59-97. I finally managed to track this one down. Primarily bought it to cross reference what was assumed to be a typo in the 1500ish page 1973-79 master parts catalog for light trucks, that’s resulted in a long standing rumor about optional headlight bezels for fleet trucks in 79, and this little baby settled that debate. Quite difficult to come up with, I’ve been looking for one for 7 years to end the debate…and aside from a couple 70-80yo parts guys/salesmen, no one has really seen one before, much less read it.

View attachment 356437
Austin Powers Movie GIF
:D

If you are into history or alternate history/fantasy, John Hood's Mountain Folk was a good one. He a long-time writer but new to fiction. I somehow ended up on his email list and the thought of Daniel Boone and George Washington fighting the Revolution with fairy help drew me in. He's working on the sequel.

-fires up Kindle-

I'm currently reading, Breaking Gods by D.J. Molle. He wrote this awesome zombie/but not zombie series called Extinction that blew my mind. So I decided to try out this new series of his. It is good.

I just finished The Terminal List by Jack Carr. I had to see what the fuss was all about, because he's getting a movie deal with Chris Pratt. It was good. If you lean towards the left of the political spectrum, you'll hate it because it's very conservative in nature. To the point that I'm really surprised they gave him a movie deal. I don't know if I'd recommend it to be honest... it's just ok in my opinion. I wouldn't read it again.

Trying to read Gun Runners by Larry Correia/ John Brown. I love Larry Correia's stuff, but this book... ugh. I've tried three times now to get into it and it just doesn't do it for me. I'm gonna keep slogging through, but so far, it's pretty meh. Which sucks, because I've an autographed copy. :/

I'm currently re-reading the Adrian's Undead Diary series, I read it years ago when it was available on the author's website for free and finally ordered the first 3 books in the series on paperback last week. I'm old-school and like having a physical copy to read. I'm about halfway through the 3rd book already so I need to order the next few in the series.

I used to read a lot, usually at least a book a week but the last few years I've been too busy and have been lucky to read more than a few a year. Trying to get back into it though.

Have been in "post-apocalypse" rut for months... just finished The Complete Dark Days Series by Ryan Schow
Prior to that was @Atla 's pair, more "post-apocalypse", and the entire Outlander series

Gonna be changing up with a healthy dose of Sniper Installation Series by Holley 🙄

'Going Home/The Survivalist Series'. 'Charlies Requiem'(same universe as 'Going Home'). 'Patriots'. 'In the Blood(Jack Carr's new book). Reading 'Metro 2034' now.

I'm a big fan of survival/dystopian/sci-fi novels. I need to finish The 'Extinction Series' by DJ Molles and get his other books about Lee Harden.

Also need to get the new Red Rising sixth book and finish that one.

I read quite a bit. For non-fiction books, I am planning on picking up some Edible Plants/Medicines for the Carolinas to expand my knowledge base.

I decided it was time for another book binge after taking 2 years off
View attachment 403702
I just ordered Finally Focused yesterday!

'Going Home/The Survivalist Series'. 'Charlies Requiem'(same universe as 'Going Home'). 'Patriots'. 'In the Blood(Jack Carr's new book). Reading 'Metro 2034' now.

I'm a big fan of survival/dystopian/sci-fi novels. I need to finish The 'Extinction Series' by DJ Molles and get his other books about Lee Harden.

Also need to get the new Red Rising sixth book and finish that one.

I read quite a bit. For non-fiction books, I am planning on picking up some Edible Plants/Medicines for the Carolinas to expand my knowledge base.

Going Home is a great series, I need to catch up on it. DJ Molles The Remaining was fantastic, but I couldn't get into the Lee Harden books.

If I recall correctly, he was a cop in Charlotte when he started writing.

Yup, I know him personally through a friend. Wife and I went out to his house a few years ago to shoot and hang out. Good dude for sure. Also know the dude that was used as Lee Harden for the book covers.

Going Home is up to book 10 I think. If you liked Going Home, start reading Charlie's Requiem. Going Home was from a survivalist standpoint. Charlie's Requiem is not. Different perspectives. Written by the same author + another. Ties into the Going Home series but is great as a standalone series( 5 books so far).

'Patriots' by James Wesley Rawles highlights hyper inflation and the collapse of the dollar. It's heavily focused on gear/equipment and tactics which can be tedious but it has a good storyline too it. I haven't read anymore of his books but want to pick up the next few.

I just ordered Finally Focused yesterday!

Going Home is a great series, I need to catch up on it. DJ Molles The Remaining was fantastic, but I couldn't get into the Lee Harden books.

If I recall correctly, he was a cop in Charlotte when he started writing.
Finally Focused was highly recommended by quite a few people in one of my fitness groups so I'm really looking forward to it! Really hoping to make some lifestyle changes before seeking other treatments for my nonexistent attention span

Honest question: When/how do yall find time to read? Obviously I spend quite a bit of time on the netterwebz reading, but sitting at a computer all day for work makes that easy. To actually pick up a book or kindle and read for more than 30 seconds seems impossible to me.

Honest question: When/how do yall find time to read? Obviously I spend quite a bit of time on the netterwebz reading, but sitting at a computer all day for work makes that easy. To actually pick up a book or kindle and read for more than 30 seconds seems impossible to me.
I can go years without picking up a book. But I've been trying to reduce my screen time & mindless scrolling. I just started carving out about 30min before bed to read. In that 30min, Joe normally sends me no less than 10000000000 reels & memes 🤣

Back