Who's reading what??

Our favorite is 'Digger Dozer Dumper.' I can recite it by heart, that and Goodnight Moon. :lol:
Boy, I read Goodnight Moon pretty much every night for 6 months with our oldest. It was the only thing he wanted to read. Like you, I can pretty well recite the whole thing.

In reference to my winnie the pooh book from earlier. I highly recommend the original A.A. Milne book. It is a welcome relief from the silly no substance children's books out today. I would be reading it to our son and I would get cracked up and hear my wife laughing from the next room over. It's like the original book form of a Pixar movie. Lots of funny stuff in there for the adults.

X2 for A.A.Milne and also Beatrix Potter. Julia Donaldson is one of the better 'modern' children's authors for littles. I've read The Wind in the Willows a couple of times and will start the Little House series shortly. We go back and forth with some things for the bigger kids. They really enjoyed The Mysterious Benedict Society and they liked the early Harry Potter and Percy Jackson books. We've read The Hobbit and The Magicians Nephew, as well.

Maybe I'm alone here, but I can't stand the syntax and conjugation of Winnie the Pooh. Content is fine, but it just doesn't read well.

Definitely a favorite.
Also Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site

Munchkin loved that book so much, he ate it lol. His favorites are the lite blue truck books and possum stew.

Screenshot_20210118-183947_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
Like most of you, I too am re-reading the fantastic historical documentary, West of Prehistoric, by our one and only, amazingly gifted, talented, and ruggedly handsome @Atla. Which I highly recommend.

Amazon product ASIN B08JJWGTZF
(Mainly reading for research to make sure I don't forget any subtle characteristics of a couple secondary characters that I'm bringing to main character status in the third book.)

Last fun book/s I read was the 'I am not a Serial Killer' series by Dan Wells. Read all 6 books in 12 days. Totally excellent. I rated them all five stars, except the last one got a four. Still good though.

Like most of you, I too am re-reading the fantastic historical documentary, West of Prehistoric, by our one and only, amazingly gifted, talented, and ruggedly handsome @Atla. Which I highly recommend.

Amazon product ASIN B08JJWGTZF
(Mainly reading for research to make sure I don't forget any subtle characteristics of a couple secondary characters that I'm bringing to main character status in the third book.)

Last fun book/s I read was the 'I am not a Serial Killer' series by Dan Wells. Read all 6 books in 12 days. Totally excellent. I rated them all five stars, except the last one got a four. Still good though.

Whens that 3rd one gonna be ready for proofreading? Need to know how some things play out!

For me... today it's "A High-Security EEG-Based Login System with RSVP Stimuli and Dry Electrodes" in IEEE TIFS and :"Transcutaneous Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Humans Induces Pupil Dilation and Attenuates Alpha Oscillations" in J. Neurosci.
Riveting stuff.
In random spare time, Team of Teams: New Rule of Engagement for a Complex world, and Conversations Worth Having.

With the younger kiddo, nightly for awhile its been the whole Story Thieves series (Highly reccomended for pre-teens), Now we're into Half Upon a Time. Big creds to James Riley's storyline style

I'm WORKING ON IT! lol...

I just started Dean Kootz 'Odd Thomas' books. I saw the movie when it was on Netflix and enjoyed it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. (RIP Anton Yelchin.)

Gotta keep ya motivated lol.

Finished reading the Titus Crow and Physcomech series by Brian Lumley. Currently I'm reading West of Prehistoric. I'll probably start to reread the "Necroscope" series, also Brian Lumley, while I wait on the second and third instalments from "WOP".:popcorn:

I’ve read these books since November, all e-books checked out thru our local library using the app Libby. Well, I didn’t finish Aftermath because I got bored with it.

it turns out Thrawn is an amazing villain and brilliant tactician, right up there with Vader. If you are in to tactical war stuff, you’d enjoy reading the books that feature him, even if you don’t like Star Wars. Not sure why they never put him in the movies. He was in Star Wars Rebels for the last season or two.

0D4AA262-DFC3-440D-A19C-531D35907D81.png

I'm WORKING ON IT! lol...

I just started Dean Kootz 'Odd Thomas' books. I saw the movie when it was on Netflix and enjoyed it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. (RIP Anton Yelchin.)
Good series, read them all...

I read anything by James Lee Burke (Robicheaux & Holland series) & Stephen Hunter (Swagger series)...

16117965858651133838830.jpg
Acquired from the shop of a friend and guy not on here much anymore.
Has been a quick read. Eye opening with many ties and quotations of scholars, philosophers, leaders, and in general cool thinkers from the main characters.
Even echoed a random thought I had about higher achievements in various arts.

For the assuming folks....it's not about the resurrection of Christ.

New read. Also, the irony lol.

20210308_200411.jpg

Well, I finished the first 'Odd Thomas' book. It was superb. Started the second, and ended up putting it down and never picking it up again. It just didn't hook me, I'm glad I didn't buy the entire series at once.

I'm about to finish, "What Are The Odds? From Crack Addict to CEO" by Mike Lindell (The MyPillow guy).

Excellent read about despair, addiction, God's plan for you, and redemption. The things this guy goes through is incredible, he's lucky to be alive, much less a mega-millionaire who has shared the stage with Donald Trump. And this isn't some 'back in the '80's I used to do crack' story, he was addicted to smoking crack through the early 2010's.

The picture on the left is him having an intervention by some of his DRUG DEALERS after being up 14 days.

maxresdefault-1.jpg

The Teen book thread made me remember this one. I finished "Three Wise Men" and man I had a hard time during several parts of it. I started reading a book recommended to me a few years ago. "Low Level Hell, A scout Pilot in the Big Red One!" I meet a gentleman in my local watering hole that served in Vietnam that recommended it. Pretty sure he said he served in The Big Red One as a pilot. So far very good read.

Lost in the mind of a genius while I'm waiting on @Atla

20210901_133905.jpg

With the younger kiddo, nightly for awhile its been the whole Story Thieves series (Highly recommended for pre-teens), Now we're into Half Upon a Time. Big creds to James Riley's storyline style
Wanted to follow up on this - Half Upon a Time series was fantastic too. James Riley is by far my daughter's favorite author now.

We've now started his new series, The Revenge of Magic. About halfway through the first book. Its definitely for a little more older age, I'd say 12+, but Delaney (almost 11) loves it thus far.

I think it would be best to read them in the published order, as they get slightly more mature and complex with each series.

Back