Wow, Apparantly I wasted my $$ and the Auto factory lie's alot . . .

Ricky B

Wiiide Open
ok so whoever put down in the books that the 350 in a stock 95 pickup from the factory makes 275 hp and 300 ft lbs of torque aught to be sued for false advertisement, there's absolutely no way and I have proof. I spent like $1500 buying a new 350 block that was bored .40 over, putting in a Comp .444/.444 cam and lifters, vortec heads with 1.6 roller rockers, alum intake manifold, 700 cfm throttle body, new high pressure fuel pump, 18# spring, custom tune, and misc . . . . . . .

Dyno'd at 190 horsepower 250 torque . . . . wtf? What a waste of $$, building small block engines is officially the dumbest thing anyone can try to do when trying to make power. And on top of that I have to buy 92 octane gas from now on :mad:

I can't even make my rear end break loose, this is ridiculous, I coulda easily swapped in a cad 500 for much less than that . . .

190? is that at the rear wheels or the motor itself? a stock h.o. jeep cherokee has 190 horsepower
Yeah, I was about to say that^^^ Now all I can say is'' I got your milk!!'':flipoff2:

I'm thinking that 8 out of 10 folks that claim their motor has xxx amount of hawspower, actually have no clue, and that they are dealing with alot less HP than they think.

My buddy had a TBI 350 with a Cam and headers in his YJ on 33's w/stock axles and 4.10s, weighing about 4200lbs. I had my 4.6 Stroker TJ on 35's w/1tons and 4.56s, weighing around 5000 lbs. I had him beat up to 75, both from a dead stop and a roll. Both manual transmissions, fair starts both times. His sounded better though.

a stock h.o. jeep cherokee has 190 horsepower

BS, I have lost all faith mankind, from now on whatever anyone says an engine makes I subtract at least 100 hp from that number, this is frikin ridiculous, like I'm not even smiling I'm really pissed the F*** off . . . .

Funny thing is a 330 hp crate motor from gm dynod at even less than what mine did

And literally the exact same motor part for part as this one: http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/67838_budget_vortec_head_cam_355_build/index.html

only got 290 some torque and 280 some horsepower . . . think maybe they were lying maybe?

I'm just really pissed in general at the misrepresentation that not just the general population but the industry itself allows when they advertise there products :poop: :confused:

BS, I have lost all faith mankind, from now on whatever anyone says an engine makes I subtract at least 100 hp from that number, this is frikin ridiculous, like I'm not even smiling I'm really pissed the F*** off . . . .

Funny thing is a 330 hp crate motor from gm dynod at even less than what mine did

And literally the exact same motor part for part as this one: http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/67838_budget_vortec_head_cam_355_build/index.html

only got 290 some torque and 280 some horsepower . . . think maybe they were lying maybe?

I'm just really pissed in general at the misrepresentation that not just the general population but the industry itself allows when they advertise there products :poop: :confused:

"OFF Road Adventures" (the one you can get in the mail from 4wheel parts) had a 3 part write up on jeep cherokees, this website shows that a jeep has that much h.p. http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/stroker.html

I think we need a bit of clarification here. Was this done on an engine Dyno or a Chassis Dyno. If it was measured at the wheels you have significant driveline loss, more so on a lifted truck with larger tires.

On a side not my car has a 2.0L 4cyl that will rape your v8.
Last time it was strapped down it made 243hp and 279ft/lb since then I have changed quite a bit and should be putting down right over 300hp and aroudn 350ft/lb at the wheels. http://www.danddmobiledynoservices.com/hibernation_2007 This is a link to the results. Im Chad #3 on the list. Mabey you shoulda bought a cobalt motor if you were set on a chevy. They are proven to dyno over 200HP consistently.

I don't know why you wasted $$$ "building" a 95 tbi motor anyway. WTF did you not get a little newer technology and get a vortec motor from a junkyard. Then again, I don't know why you keep polishing that turd.

You need new stickers. Your Z71 stickers are faded. If you put a pair of brand new Z71 stickies on I bet you will be back to :burnout:in no time...

:lol: :flipoff2: :lol: :flipoff2: :lol:

<><Fish

Let's see the chart...

That cam sounds pretty small.. even the stock cam on my 5.3 is 0.466" / 0.457" int/exh lift.. in fact, I can't find anything that small in the comp cams catalog. What is the part number, or at least the full specs? (duration at .050", LSA, etc)

Bigger tires sap HP on the dyno, as do high # gears.
Didn't you say your transmission is acting up?

Hell, my all bolt-on small block (stock cam, stock heads) in my f-body made just over 350 to the wheels, and that's with 4.10's, but small tires.

By the way, your 1995 TBI 350 was rated at 200hp and 310lb-ft.. AT THE FLYWHEEL. you're probably looking at 35% driveline loss (or more) with your tires and gears, so a 300hp (flywheel HP) engine could very well put down those numbers. A 1998 (which came standard with those heads, and doesn't have shitty TBI) is rated at 250. If you've got the specs right, that cam is basically stock.

Who put the engine together?

Are you just wanting to vent/whine? or are you actually looking for help? If you just want to vent, then I'm sorry your new engine brings teh suck.

So you spent all this time and money to build an engine that can pull your stuff around and yet you only got 190 hp on gas..

should have went with somethign else

my 1992 heavy ass piece of steel gets 191 hp and 435tq :)
and all I did was turn a few screws on Inj Pump :)

not sure on the specifics but you should be able to easily get 300 with the parts you have.. So either the tune isn't as aggressive as your engine can take.

x2 on the curve what RPMs you spinning..

kinda silly here but have you verified the pedal will give you WOT? Hate to see you defeated by the factory carpeting...

kinda silly here but have you verified the pedal will give you WOT? Hate to see you defeated by the factory carpeting...

for about 2 nights of driving and delivering pizza I thought my motor in my sentra was on the :poop: it felt like driving I was driving a golf cart... then i saw that my mat was stuffed under the petal... maybe if he removes his mat he will get like 100hp or he could get a real truck

first off a motor is electric its no wonder your not makein any power with the parts you used i got a 68 makes 450 69 truck makes 600 without the 350 shot nos both 350 chevys get you a buddy that knows small blocks :burnout::flipoff2:

blah blah blah i got a 68 makes 450 69 truck makes 600 without the 350 shot nos both 350 chevys

At what RPM? How's the power under the curve? You tow with that "600hp"?

I'll agree that his numbers are kinda low, but let's compare apples to apples here.. I'd like to see that other guy's Jetta tow.. then we'd see how usable that 300hp is..

Ricky, I'd bet my 8.1L big block only makes in the mid 200's at the wheels for HP. Driveline loss is a bitch, and the bigger axles aren't exactly efficient at transferring power either, not to mention your steel wheels.

Back