YATFR: The science of wood

Cause most employers are too cheap and greedy and don't want to pay good hard worker what they deserve...but I guess that's just me too right
So you say most are greedy and cheap, implying that you acknowledge some aren't and are great employers.
You've had more jobs in the 3 years than I've had in 27 years in the workforce. Why are you so shitty at finding a good employer?

You don’t have to buy trusses. Plenty of homes are still built with stick built roofs. Trusses are faster and easier but they aren’t the end all be all. But building a truss yourself is just stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you know about construction anyway, newb.

And i don't think im superior. I work 2 full time jobs to provide for my family. You work to provide for your family. As far as I'm concerned we are equals.

Why are you so shitty at finding a good employer?
My wife has condition limiting travel, 2. I'm picky of what and who I work for (tried anyway). Now I'm just holding out as long as i can to get my own thing going again. It's what works best. But this time I want full blown legit business, hope sooner than later.

I can’t check your span till after new years but I bet @shawn has a code book laying around somewhere

You can pull it up for free online in pdf. Might come in handy sometime:

Welcome | ICC premiumACCESS

: just because you passed inspection doesn’t mean it was done correctly.

Yup. Code officials have no liability. They have a specific and narrowly defined role to fill. It's not their job to take on the responsibility of the designer.

3A2434F0-4B53-4672-B8E4-5021FF879A90.jpeg
upload_2018-12-24_21-55-2.png

All I got after reading this shit show. Not really but I don’t feel like typing out what I actually think.

Cause most employers are too cheap and greedy and don't want to pay good hard worker what they deserve...but I guess that's just me too right
I can’t speak for your experience in the work force but in my career the more responsibility I am willing to take on and the more I bust my ass the more money I make. I’m talking from my first legal job at NAPA that I started at age 15 making min wage and worked till I went into the military after graduating HS making $9.75 hr in 1992. Military career made E-5 in 4 years by busting my ass and taking on shit that others wouldn’t. Government contractor gig I went from just a grunt making ok money starting out to more than doubling my pay in 3 years and by year 4 I was a site manager and at year 6 I was a project manager and making about 4x the money as when I was hired. I went to work every day and treated what I did as it was my business on the line and expected everyone that worked for me to treat it the same way. Crew members that worked for me had every opportunity to advance and keep their jobs and some did very well but most wanted the pay and a title handed to them but not willing to bust their ass to earn it so they were sent on their way to talk about how great they were and the project would never get done without them. Now I work a union job that as long as you have the time in title everyone makes the same $$$ per hour no matter how good or how shitty you are at your job. We have a performance bonus program that is on a sliding scale for different metrics that if you meet that ranges from about 4% to 12% of our monthly salary. Since I have been at this job for the last 6 years I’ve made the max payout every month while others have never made the bonus once. I am very driven to succeed and call bullshit when I see it in all things I do as some friends can vouch for me on that @CasterTroy , @Jason W. ,@josh$$ . So @marty79 I call BULLSHIT on employers being to cheap or greedy to pay you if you are such a great employee.

John I am being sincere as I can be with this advice. Do yourself a favor and step back and evaluate what you want to do with your career. Whatever you decide on doing if you are working for someone as an employee remember they only owe you the pay you agree on for the hours worked and nothing else unless you negotiate that into your employment agreement. Do not worry about the way the owners or management wants to run their business unless you are the one in the decision making roll. Show up to work on time and stay to quitting time and bust your ass while you are on the clock and be willing to do whatever it takes to prove yourself and I promise you the money and respect will come.

I’m surprised you haven’t said you can out fabricate @mcutler in quality, creativity, design, and time since you’re the man! If you’re so damn good at everything you do why aren’t you able to name your price and have employers lined up wanting you to work for them @marty79 ? IMHO you need to humble yourself and realize that the show will go on without you no matter what you do for your boss. At one time in my career I was indispensable and got shit done that others could not and then I figured out that it was not just me but the crew that I was lucky enough to have working for me at that particular time.
Remember, this thread started out as "Butt-hurt 0 bonus"! It's been entertaining to see how quick it gets personal, & the Dung Flies! :popcorn:

John I am being sincere as I can be with this advice. Do yourself a favor and step back and evaluate what you want to do with your career. Whatever you decide on doing if you are working for someone as an employee remember they only owe you the pay you agree on for the hours worked and nothing else unless you negotiate that into your employment agreement. Do not worry about the way the owners or management wants to run their business unless you are the one in the decision making roll. Show up to work on time and stay to quitting time and bust your ass while you are on the clock and be willing to do whatever it takes to prove yourself and I promise you the money and respect will come.
Thanks bro, that's what I do day to day. I can't stress enough that others, not me, blew this out of proportion..it's expected.
I don't know how this thread turned into me getting career advise and all that. I'm beyond aware of where I'm at and how to move forward if that's what I desire to do.

I don't know how this thread turned into me getting career advise and all that. I'm beyond aware of where I'm at and how to move forward if that's what I desire to do.
For some reason, whenever other people post a thread or reply to a thread on NC4x4, it generally stays calm, cool, and collected. I have no clue what the majority of people on here do, how often they change jobs, or what they think of their bosses religious beliefs. So I'm not sure what the common link is in the YATFR's.

What in the hell does YATFR mean?

Sounds kinda steep to me,greedy much??

I didn’t seen where he said he should be making 25 an hour. That’s damn crazy with how much he changes jobs, if your expecting that you better have a 4 year degree and some experience or a whole lot of experience.
If anyone came into our office looking for a laborer job and said they expected 25 an hour within 3 months they would be laughed out of the office.

I didn’t seen where he said he should be making 25 an hour. That’s damn crazy with how much he changes jobs, if your expecting that you better have a 4 year degree and some experience or a whole lot of experience.
If anyone came into our office looking for a laborer job and said they expected 25 an hour within 3 months they would be laughed out of the office.

I really appreciate how little you value your time. My neighbor has a 1/4 finished steel building kit, and I bet he would gladly pay you $15/hr to come finish it for him.
Haha try $25 an hour

And that was a cash offer, so a 30% bonus right up front so more like $20/hr

No shit. We are in a high cost of living area, and dont pay early career engineers $25 an hour.
Thats skilled labor rate.

Back