01 Mounty on Tons!

2" into a 2.5" Y pipe should be plenty fine. I'd go full hydro, know plenty of guys to drive on the road with it. Not saying I'd daily it or hit the interstate but it'll be fine for a Saturday here or there or cruising back roads. Plus it'll make it way easier to package a track bar in the front with full hydro.
No track bar on this one finally

Why wouldn't you use a steering box with a triangulated 4 link?
Packaging mostly and preference but I get the feeling you're looking for different answer lol

Noah had an arc, and so does a drag link.

Yall got me all confused lol

Think about it.
What would happen if you have a triangulated 4 link, steering box/mechanical steering and a track bar?
You hit an uneven dip in the road or trail. The axle cycles at a different rate than the chassis.
What happens next?

Think about it.
What would happen if you have a triangulated 4 link, steering box/mechanical steering and a track bar?
You hit an uneven dip in the road or trail. The axle cycles at a different rate than the chassis.
What happens next?
Not a lot of triangulated four link front suspensions running drag links for a reason. You would get mad bump steer if you tried because the drag link travels in an arc but the triangulated 4 link travels without an arc. Just run fool hydro buddy
Well thanks guys!! I kinda learned something new now lol. I've never done triangulated front so kinda didn't know. Cheers!!

Well yall solved my steering dilemma! Thank you fellas. Now to find an affordable descent setup.

Well yall solved my steering dilemma! Thank you fellas. Now to find an affordable descent setup.
It's all downhill from here!

I wondered if anyone else caught that :lol:
I'm glad they did, saved me a huge headache and ton of fab work doing steering box and drag link lol.

cartoon-comic-book-sonic-boom-260nw-412369423.jpg

I get the feeling I totally missed something......

I’m pretty excited to see this build come to life.
take more pictures of this thing and your new shop. Looks good man.

I’m pretty excited to see this build come to life.
take more pictures of this thing and your new shop. Looks good man.
You and me both bud. I've totally forgotten to update on shop progress lol. I'm so busy I haven't really done a whole lot. Got enough lights installed to work, enough welder outlets to work, painted the walls light grey and started working.
As for the rig, I'm down to finishing all the mounts for the doubler. I'm gonna have crazy amount of mounts on these....I've believe secret to double cases (aluminum) is mounts!!!!!! You just can't have enough mounts!! The buggy I just sold, started out with 2 heavy duty mounts and by the 2nd trip out, those were slightly wollering out the holes on both mounts. Then I added 4 brackets with 9 mounting points....never looked back and now the new owner lives in Kentucky and beats the hell out of it!!
Then comes Driveshafts!!
Then comes exhaust !!
Then put the axles back to gether/paint/complete them.
Then onto steering when I can afford it!

And this will NOT be the last Mountaineer built that's a fact!! I will be buying these 5.0 Mountys up like crazy when this is done and building them. Only difference will be building those to sell, I will buy all the parts and brackets rather than making them lol.

You and me both bud. I've totally forgotten to update on shop progress lol. I'm so busy I haven't really done a whole lot. Got enough lights installed to work, enough welder outlets to work, painted the walls light grey and started working.
As for the rig, I'm down to finishing all the mounts for the doubler. I'm gonna have crazy amount of mounts on these....I've believe secret to double cases (aluminum) is mounts!!!!!! You just can't have enough mounts!! The buggy I just sold, started out with 2 heavy duty mounts and by the 2nd trip out, those were slightly wollering out the holes on both mounts. Then I added 4 brackets with 9 mounting points....never looked back and now the new owner lives in Kentucky and beats the hell out of it!!
Then comes Driveshafts!!
Then comes exhaust !!
Then put the axles back to gether/paint/complete them.
Then onto steering when I can afford it!
Let me know when you want to get driveshafts built.

Back