01 Mounty on Tons!

Round tube is stronger than square tube in every way possible before you even begin typing that question. The round tube shape and material strength is higher than square tube.
False, but point generally stands for this application. Square tube will give you a lot more bending strength, so if you're gonna be pounding the shaft really hard from below, make sure it's nice and square before you put it in there.

so if you're gonna be pounding the shaft really hard from below, make sure it's nice
andy samberg snl GIF

It’s all about the tubes ability to resist tearing while under torsional load. A lot of material at the center of the spinning diameter is actually weaker than having a thinner material further away from the center of the spinning tube. So a 1.5” diameter solid bar is going to be weaker than a thin wall 3” diameter tube. That might not be correct on paper but that is the principal since I am too lazy to do the math. This practice would be why long wheel base trucks have massive OD tube for shafts and thin walls to keep the weight reasonable.
Wow thank you for that lesson. All makes sense.

Did I see your doubler for sale? What are you planning now?

Did I see your doubler for sale? What are you planning now?
no no i'm selling the other 1345 i didn't use but that was only picture I had of it. all the stupid hours I have into making this doubler and mounting it, no way I'm ditching it.

no no i'm selling the other 1345 i didn't use but that was only picture I had of it. all the stupid hours I have into making this doubler and mounting it, no way I'm ditching it.
You had me worried! lol
I’m excited to see this build buddy.

You had me worried! lol
I’m excited to see this build buddy.
I know I know. Been 3 weeks since I touched it. I got the orbital and ram, have the exhaust system. Need to figure my u-joints and order them and fuel lines. As soon as the LS swap is done, I'm taking a week off to finish my rig..no but ifs and ands about it lol

the orbital I got is valved to be 2.5 turns lock to lock so I'm exited about that. then I got the steering shaft with it to mount to my stock column and the mounting plate (i wish my CNC table was here i could've made one). Just have to get lines made once I get it all installed somewhere. I can't wait to take this thing to Harlan and AOP and apparently Good Evening Ranch is another new spot now! On rock crawling this rig will be a beast with the wheelbase and crawl ratio, wet stuff I hope the v8 will do it's job to spin the wheels enough haha.

wow been almost a month since I touched this rig....
Stay Tuned!! as soon as the TJ LS swap is done, I'm taking a week off to finish this Rig!!! Been too long and I'm so dying to go wheeling I'm going crazy with all this work and no play...soon enough.

So, where do I go to get my shocks filled? My local welding supply says he can't....

So, where do I go to get my shocks filled?
If you’re gonna be doing more of this, you might wanna look into getting yourself a bottle and buying your own rig to charge them yourself.

If you’re gonna be doing more of this, you might wanna look into getting yourself a bottle and buying your own rig to charge them yourself.
Thought about it but right now money is going other places lol.

Thought about it but right now money is going other places lol.

When you get ready, give me a shout. We've got a nitro rig I can bring over.

As said, long term it will likely be worth it, to get your own setup, esp as you work on other ppls rigs.

When you get ready, give me a shout. We've got a nitro rig I can bring over.

As said, long term it will likely be worth it, to get your own setup, esp as you work on other ppls rigs.
I'm ready now lol, next week I'm finishing mine so hit me up when your available. Thanks Ben

Finally sitting on it's own weight in front. Got orbital mounted, high dollar lines made. Finished sub frame. Boy it feels good to be back on this.
20210713_155344.jpg
20210713_144447.jpg
20210706_172326.jpg
20210713_161455.jpg
20210713_192416.jpg

Yes those are hockey puck bumpstops lol

VULCAN Car Tie Down Axle Strap with Wear Pad - 2 Inch x 36 Inch, 4 Pack - PROSeries - 3,300 Pound Safe Working Load​

what's yall thoughts on these? good enough or not? (first time buying these. not using chain on this rig lol)

VULCAN Car Tie Down Axle Strap with Wear Pad - 2 Inch x 36 Inch, 4 Pack - PROSeries - 3,300 Pound Safe Working Load​

what's yall thoughts on these? good enough or not? (first time buying these. not using chain on this rig lol)
As a limit strap?

yeah?!?! (don't make fun, i've always used chains so now trying to go little fancier haha)
I’m not making fun at all. I say try it and see how it does.

If this is your shop rig, buy actual limit straps. You want your rolling billboard to have janky ass axle straps for potential customers to see?
Think about it for a second, Fuller.
well I didn't think of that, yes this is a "billboard" of a degree to show my work so good point!
On another note, this 302 had 4 cats, 4 O2 sensors. I built the exhaust with no cats and have new upper sensors on the way that I will put in. Will I have to get it tuned to not run the downstream sensors? thanks dude.

Order from Busted Knuckle. Reasonable price.

Google: SN95 O2 sensor eliminator

BTW- I'm probably have the limit straps you need in my shop. I'll take a look later today before you place an order with anybody else.

5.0 4.6 Mustang o2 Sensor Open Loop Controller - Hi-Performance OFF-ROAD 02

Those? so those plug into the downstream sensor on the harness side and that's it? or are these for the upstream? ( forgive my ignorance, I've never used these)

Back