1 Ton YJ'ish Build

ai71.photobucket.com_albums_i135_sff5758_YJ_20Buggy_20Build_4_13_08090.jpg

A quick video... my wife was busy talking to a neighborhood girl. Sorry for the non-4x4 commentary:

ai71.photobucket.com_albums_i135_sff5758_YJ_20Buggy_20Build_th_4_13_08093.jpg

I took Monday off and finished the exhaust, and installed a TV Made EZ TV cable system from Bowtie Overdrives. I still need to calibrate it a little better. Also swapped the front/rear MC ports. This makes a huge difference, since the Ford dual calipers up front dwarf the chevy calipers in the rear.

Still a handful of things to finish:

Calibrate the TV cable
Skid plate
Wire in the TC lockup
Wire in the Line Lock
Trim some unused tubing ends and plate in the open tube ends.
Finish a couple body panels on the fenders.

I'm running that same master cylinder, I have the rear resi for front brakes, and the front resi for the rear brakes. On mine, the front needs more fluid for the huge chevy calipers, while there rear calipers are fairly small, at least compared to the front.

Correct.

But i still wasn't able to push enough fluid to the fronts all the time. I had researched putting smaller calipers on and ended up going with a bigger bore master and booster, which has been perfect.

Rig looks nice ! You look tired :)

You have created a monster! Looks friggin sweet!:beer:

That thing is sweet man. I really like how everything turned out. Its makes my jeep get jealous.

Yager, What booster and master cylinder did you end up running? I've played with the prop valve alot, and it still feels like its not stopping like it should. Don't get me wrong, it stops great, but stopped better with the d30/8.8 and 36's than it did with tons and 38's.

:hijack off:

Sick ride. I'm loving that.

Mad rush to get it on the trails this weekend for the CNC4x4 Spring Fling at Uwharrie.

John Herr was gracious enough to not only put in a ton of hours helping me out, but to also tow the rig down for me (I'm in the market for a tow rig).

Things went great! Except I rubbed and bent up his trailer fenders a bit.

ai71.photobucket.com_albums_i135_sff5758_YJ_20Buggy_20Build_SpringFling2009006.jpg

Broke before we got to the first trail (LOL). The water pump pully bolts weren't tightened down, and I threw the serpentine belt. A 30 minute drive into town (thanks Scibetta) and we were back in business!!!

ai71.photobucket.com_albums_i135_sff5758_YJ_20Buggy_20Build_SpringFling2009018.jpg

Daniel was a cakewalk. The buggy handled awesome. We crawled everything without as much as a tire slip.

We also crawled the ledge at the bottom of Kodak. The upper rock was a struggle, and I backed away. Being the first day on the trail, I wasn't prepared to push it.

ai71.photobucket.com_albums_i135_sff5758_YJ_20Buggy_20Build_SpringFling2009030.jpg

ai71.photobucket.com_albums_i135_sff5758_YJ_20Buggy_20Build_SpringFling2009032.jpg

My wife approved of the performance:

ai71.photobucket.com_albums_i135_sff5758_YJ_20Buggy_20Build_SpringFling2009031.jpg

ai71.photobucket.com_albums_i135_sff5758_YJ_20Buggy_20Build_SpringFling2009041.jpg

ai71.photobucket.com_albums_i135_sff5758_YJ_20Buggy_20Build_SpringFling2009042.jpg

At the club games, it scored a 980 'something' on our 30 degree RTI ramp. Just proving that leafs can flex... I also used all of that 18 inches of travel in the rear.

ai71.photobucket.com_albums_i135_sff5758_YJ_20Buggy_20Build_SpringFling2009052.jpg

Overall, it was a great weekend.

While I still have a few things to button up... I wanted to say thanks to a few guys that helped with the build.

John Herr basically lived at my house over the past couple months and listened to my caddyshack quotes... I wouldn't have finished for a few more months without him!!!! Scott Roberts put in a number of weekends and really kept me motivated, and Jeff White really helped me helped me out big-time in the motor tuning department.

A few other guys have helped out on occasion too... thanks to everyone!!!!

My wife said she had the best time ever at Uwharrie. She rode with me on all the obstacles, and had a blast. Now I just need to get her behind the wheel!!!!!

ai71.photobucket.com_albums_i135_sff5758_YJ_20Buggy_20Build_SpringFling2009058.jpg

nice rigs

i saw yall as you left to go on your last trip last week. i was in a flat tan yj on 36's passing by as yall walked to chik fil a. really nice tube work on the red one! they looked bad ass.:beer:

nice build

very nice just have one question how much does she weigh?
looks like alot of steel was put into that rig. but i am sure
the BOWTIE dont mind it at all :wheel:

Back