1st Gen CTD 4 door Project w/ Pics

BRUISER

silent.. but deadly
Hey all,

Well I just got super lucky and bought a Mint 1985 4 door truck. :)

The Story:
Life took a change and I had a little boy ( yippee I am a DAD )but the STD Cab was not gonna cut it anymore with the family growing.. so I had to make some decisions..

1st idea: get an ext Cab truck and convert mine to ext cab..

2nd idea: get a 4 door crew cab and convert that to diesel and run that. They are Hard to find.

3rd idea: sell my STD cab and buy a newer truck with back seats..

- So I got a EXT cab but it needed a lot of work and it would not fit on my frame easily.. so that was not gonna work.
- So I listed my truck for sale. I had a bunch of tire kickers but no one would settle on a price or come up with money, then diesel fuel raised to $4.00 a gallon and all the calls stopped.

At this point I was getting irriated and wondered if this would work out or not. or would I be stuck with STD cab.

then out of the blew a friend sends me a link to a 4 door Dodge for sale but with no pics.. so I contacted guy.. and he still had the 4 door.. WOW. so eventually he sent me pics and it took a few weeks to get it, but man I am so HAPPY.. this TRUCK is MINT.

So the project plan is to takje the drivetrain out of my STD Cab CTD and put it into this 4 Door Dodge.

So here are pics of my new project..
towing the truck home:
Picture002.jpg

yes the Chevy has a Cummins :)
Picture008.jpg

Here are other pics.
Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

So please be patient it is gonna take me sometime to getthis project done but I will update this post as progress continues

that thing is gonna be badass!

Yeah that looks Great the will be a Huge upgrade and the you will still have room for 2 more youngins :D

Can't wait to see it up close

You wouldnt want to sell a set of 60s would you? :D

Duane

You wouldnt want to sell a set of 60s would you? :D
Duane

hahahhaha

I have had so many requests already it is crazy..

but yes at some point they wil be for sale.

Thats sweet, but do you have a build link on your Chevy crew cab?

The Chevy is not mine it is: username on nc4x4 = thecarman

we used his truck and trailer to get the truck home

That was confusing as hell... I thought you bought the chevy, which is honestly one of the coolest looking chevy trucks I've seen in a long time. The dodge is going to be fawking awesome as well though.

hahahhaha
I have had so many requests already it is crazy..
but yes at some point they wil be for sale.

Ill take whatevers left of the std cab once you pull the ctd too :D

Duane

You got a good deal on the nicest 4 door 1st gen I've seen. I wish Aaron would have kept it and finished it, it will be a badass truck.

You got a good deal on the nicest 4 door 1st gen I've seen. I wish Aaron would have kept it and finished it, it will be a badass truck.

it was funny I had the money for the truck with me.. and like most deals everyone always wants to try to barter down the price.. but once I saw the condition I gave him the full price we discussed.

What a nice truck. I saw this thing and made a claim to the extra parts ken did not want while it was en route to it new home. good find ken (as always)

A Few more pics I took after work today
Drivers side Dash..
100_2370.jpg

Passenger side
100_2380.jpg

behind rear seat.. very clean
100_2374.jpg

Visor storage above dash
100_2371.jpg

hot shit! i wanna swing by and look at that thing. i have only ever seen one 4 door 1st gen in person but it was a power wagon.

This is gonna be an awesome project man!

But you are going to need more Christmas tree air fresheners for it to be complete.

hot shit! i wanna swing by and look at that thing. i have only ever seen one 4 door 1st gen in person but it was a power wagon.

Theyre are a bunch of 2wds running around, but the 4wds are indeed rare around here.

Duane

Given the spartan interior & color, any evidence it was an old AirForce truck? Or just a fluke?

What's the switch inboard of the light switch?

Back