1st Gen CTD 4 door Project w/ Pics

Given the spartan interior & color, any evidence it was an old AirForce truck? Or just a fluke?
What's the switch inboard of the light switch?

Yup to everyones knowledge it came from an Air Force Base.

Just please don't weld those mirrors to the doors !!! :flipoff2:

hahah

Hell Yes I am..

Those morrors rock when towing.. of course this time I might do a better job :)

Ken,

What's with the Pink Decor?? Cup Holder, Air Fresheners, etc..

Or is that "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"....:flipoff2:

Ken,
What's with the Pink Decor?? Cup Holder, Air Fresheners, etc..
Or is that "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"....:flipoff2:

'
hahahha it does look PINK

it is actually light gray..

Hey bruiser whose chevy is that hooked to the trailer I think I saw it at the flying j in haw river last sat morning Was a nice looking rig and esp with the 12 valve conversion in it if its the same one. Several dtr guys were there getting ready to head down to the obx that day.

Hey bruiser whose chevy is that hooked to the trailer I think I saw it at the flying j in haw river last sat morning Was a nice looking rig and esp with the 12 valve conversion in it if its the same one. Several dtr guys were there getting ready to head down to the obx that day.

Yup that was us.. we filled up on the way towardas Ashville.

the truck is "thecarman" on here.

ya we saw the White Dodges and wondered where you guys where going.. but we were in a hurry to go and pick up my truck.

Thats cool yea it was me in the reg cab dodge and mikeD and one other guy on the way to the obx drag strip to watch the guys run and it got rained out but did get to meet dan schied and get a up close look at the dragster to bad they only got to run it on friday night said they set a new record with it down there. We were all like is that a 12 valve in that thing and then when you all backed up and heard it better and saw the plate we knew for sure. Was a nice setup though for sure.

well 100% committed now..

I sold the rear axle out of the '92 so now I have no tow rig until I finish the conversion
I have also sold rear tailgate, camper shell...and have more pending deals on the horizon..

100_2605.jpg

100_2606.jpg

Well Today was a pretty good day for working on the dirt and gravel..

With the Help of: thecarman and jph0913
I got both driveshafts out, the skidplate off, the transfer case out, the tranny out, hood off, grill off, switched out rims and tires, and the tool box/camper shell is also gone..

pics:
100_2954.jpg

100_2956.jpg

100_2957.jpg

100_2958.jpg

when you pull it, I would like to see a pic of the engine on the hoist. just might test it out a little bit

so i am guessing you do not think it will handle the engine?

My buddy and I swapped out a 7.3 Powerstroke with a regular size heavy duty engine hoist with the boom as close as you can get it. Just don't get crazy with it and it will work.

My buddy and I swapped out a 7.3 Powerstroke with a regular size heavy duty engine hoist with the boom as close as you can get it. Just don't get crazy with it and it will work.

that is the plan...take it easy and be safe..

so i am guessing you do not think it will handle the engine?
sorry, I have not been on here for a few days. I just know that engine is damn heavy. I am sure it will be ok with the boom not extended. It should not be any worse than picking up your normal engine, trans, and transfer case combo.

well since I need to be able to move my STD cab out of the way once engine is out to roll new 4 door in.. (engine hoist will not roll on gravel/dirt) I had to get rear axle out of my other spare EXT cab truck and put it in.

Since I was all by myself I had to think a little to get this job done.. Yes a dually rear axle is heavy as hell, especially dragging it across dirt, sand and gravel.

So to get it out of ext cab I used jeep winch and dragged it from behind building to infront of it..

then I bolted on spare tires so I could roll axle around

then I used engine hoist to lift back of truck high enough to roll axle into place..

took me about 6 hrs total to do it..

100_2989.jpg

100_2990.jpg

100_2991.jpg

100_2992.jpg

Back