2002 2500HD - Solid Axle Tow Rig

A 23 foot Sea Pro with a 250 Suzuki 4 stroke and aluminum trailer. 2000 bucks :D

20210515_183516.jpg

Beaufort, right up 21 from my hotel.

Got my spin on trans filter swapped out today for the bigger PPE one. We'll see how it does. I suppose I just got a little excited, but it won't hurt anything that I gave the transmission a good servicing.

Here's the new, big ass oil filter. You can see the size of the new transmission filter too. So far, so good.

20210519_192059.jpg

20210519_192105.jpg

20210519_192111.jpg

A 23 foot Sea Pro with a 250 Suzuki 4 stroke and aluminum trailer. 2000 bucks :D

View attachment 346952

Come pick me up. Run on up the coast, take a left on the Santee and then keep straight onto Congaree. Meet me at the I77 bridge. Look for a red/black YJ.

Betcha won't.

Come pick me up. Run on up the coast, take a left on the Santee and then keep straight onto Congaree. Meet me at the I77 bridge. Look for a red/black YJ.

Betcha won't.
I wouldn't put it past him. He travels more than just about anyone.

If it ran, I totally would....annnd it's not my boat :lol: I'm hauling it home for one of the other guys. Supposed to head home next Tuesday and coming back on the 1st of June.

Headed home in the morning. I'll be coming back down to SC either May 3rd/4th or the 6th/7th. So, not much time at home, but I'm loaded and ready to fuel up before I get on the road!

The trailer got new leaf springs, hardware, u bolts/plates, and 4 new load range E tires. All the lights work and it's greased up. Hopefully it's an uneventful drive and I'll avoid the stupid amount of traffic that I fully expect Memorial Day weekend to bring.

20210526_202114.jpg

I saw a solid axle 2500 in Mount Airy not long ago and thought of this thread and your truck.

It totally wasn't me, but it would have been a lot cooler if it was!

Made it home with no issues aside from hauling a parachute at 75mph and getting *fantastic* fuel mileage :D

Good catch...I have no idea what day it is anymore. Totally meant June. I swear it was February last week. :rolleyes:

I think we all know that feeling!

Duane

I've been home all of three weeks this year. My brain is fried like green tomatoes.

One more trip...ONE more...and all the damn airplanes better be done. Of course, the big boss texted me yesterday and asked when my passport and gov credit card expire. I was like, umm, new phone...who dis? :D

A few minutes later, I heard one was down in England. First thought was, well...at least there's beer :rolleyes:

Well, I was planning to change the turbo again, but now I don't have a choice. Driving home from supper last night with the cruise set on 65, it started making noise. I just went and did a little digging and found that the 7 blade compressor wheel is now a 6 blade compressor wheel.

20210531_121930.jpg

I'm sure the guy that built it won't warranty it and I don't exactly want him to. I've got to figure out what I'm going to replace it with and get it fixed by the end of this week because I leave for work again next Monday.

Ordered up a 64mm drop in from Lincoln Diesel. Should be here Thursday. That wasn't cheap...

Hopefully this one won't give me any issues. I'll probably pull a data log and get my tunes updated while I'm at it.

Dude that built the turbo texted me today. Said he could whip up a 63.5 for me and overnight it for 100 bucks. A few hours later, he says it'll be 1600 shipped. I straight up said no thanks. Not at all what I was getting from our earlier conversation. Sorry. Ordered one from somewhere else.

Anyway, all I've got left to do is unhook the oil/coolant lines and unbolt the turbo from the block.

I did manage to rub a hole through one of the up pipe bellows and one of the up pipe bolts ALMOST got me, but I won. New bolts and a tap through all the holes will make it good as new.

I will have all of you know that I didn't say a single cuss word, offend Jesus, insinuate that this bolt's mother provided sexual favors for monitary contributions, nor did I suggest its parents were never married! I was gentle, yet firm. Yes, it IS bent and has several missing threads.

20210601_175752.jpg

20210601_165851.jpg

20210601_095905.jpg

He said he wasn't sure why it gave up. I am...he builds shitty turbos! I have no idea why he thought I'd want to run another one of them, unless it was free.

Last edited:
BTW, that bellow is getting TIG welded and I'll make a spacer for the downpipe flange. Same guy that's going to weld it has a plasma table. 1/4 material and the thickness of two gaskets oughta make it clear. I hope...

I will have all of you know that I didn't say a single cuss word, offend Jesus, insinuate that this bolt's mother provided sexual favors for monitary contributions, nor did I suggest its parents were never married!

4bc05231fd47778043fc8c9a2a2e906c.jpeg

Duane

Back