4x4cross Bronco

I think SHINTON is arranging the paint job...have to see what he has in mind. I like orange though.

SHINTON...What color are you planning to paint it?

I was planning on being boring and just painting the outside white. That is easiest for the stickers, endorsements to stand out on? Also shows less scratches / is a good color for trail / race rigs.

I also have lots of Red left from painting BUG a while back...

OR...we could go with the HAMMERED paint lines from Rustoleum, it leaves a texture feel to the paint job / looks pretty sweet too. I used the Hammered silver for the nose of my YJ.

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=159

OR

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=150

White could be good, for all the reasons you said.
Would stickers stick to the 'hammered' paint? If so...thats cool too.

Red would probably be the easiest , since it's already kinda red.

If you guys decide on a general color I can see what my b in law has left over. Could mix a few together and get something funky. Its all PPG so it is quality paint Sam if you need it.

If SHINTON wants to pimp it up...I'm gonna let him...if he wants flat black thats cool, but something that sets it apart would be ideal.
The winner should be able to wheel it, so we might see it on the trails for years to come.

If done right...flat black is great, I like that look. Stealthy

Hammered goes a long way towards hiding body flaws too...which since we are looking at no body work that might make alot of sense.

Stickers will adhere to the paint, but might not be "quite" as good since the paint is a texture, not flat like normal. Essentially that means less surface area that the sticker is stuck to.

Sam

I dont know then..the stickers are gonna be important..lets keep it to sticker friendly paint. There will be alot of stickers anyway.

You guys should do white outside and a bright orange bed liner inside! That way the stickers will really stand out on the Bronco. Sam if you need any help just let me know!:beer:

Anything but black interior...too hot for an open air vehicle, burn the tootsies!!

Outside...I will swing by the store and see what I find...but prob end up with white / same as what I am using on my personal rig.

Noah - will let you know when I am doing this / not sure if I am gonna bring the rig here or if dad/I are gonna go down there somewhere.

Sam

the pics
mud pro hard at work
MUD.jpg
i had nothing to do with this
didn't know it was taken
but thats a nice pic

Hopefully I can work it out to where it can be delivered to Carolina Truggies soon.

Them guys at RIDES will get their part done in a hurry, so it wont be there to much longer.

Back