4x4cross Bronco

Pics...Dylan will be in to add captions in a few...this is his neighbor posting the pics...
ai82.photobucket.com_albums_j244_chasesmum_100_1780.jpg

ai82.photobucket.com_albums_j244_chasesmum_100_1779.jpg

ai82.photobucket.com_albums_j244_chasesmum_100_1778.jpg

ai82.photobucket.com_albums_j244_chasesmum_100_1782.jpg

ai82.photobucket.com_albums_j244_chasesmum_100_1783.jpg

ai82.photobucket.com_albums_j244_chasesmum_100_1784.jpg

Wow that thing is looking nice

...but I gotta say, those seats aren't looking real comfy

I'll help finish the seats and kick in another $50 donation if you'll wear a pink too-too to match!!!!!

YOU just messed up and I'm going to hold ya to it!!!!!
No...I just gained another hundred bucks towards the project, and am getting the seats done! Not to mention, i will have a free Halloween costume for Brooke to wear this year.

And I am sure that wearing a Pink tu tu will gain mo attention to the sponsors on the truck.:beer:

just out of curiosity...where was the circus tent in those pics? wasnt there one donated?

just out of curiosity...where was the circus tent in those pics? wasnt there one donated?
Still have not heard back about the tent, but yeah, there is a guy (tinman)that wants to donate one for the pits at the race. I will pm him again. A big tent will be the way to go, on race weekend!

Looks SWEET!

Coming this week you'll see it with a bright orange interior and rollcage. :D

Cant wait!:popcorn:

I am starting to think that we might not need to spray the cage...maybe we can paint it and add stickers...but either way, it's all yours to do as you choose. I am sure it will be awsome!

Hey, I'm starting to think about the bikini top.
Is there any kind of channel, grommets, holes, or anything at the top of the windshield? Or is it just a flat peice of sheet metal?

theres alot to work with up there....cant quite remember if theres a channel or not but there is plenty of sheetmetal to work with at the top of the windshield say for maybe snaps or something.......something i noticed in the pics that dylan and i talked about a while ago is that the windshield needs to be tied to the cage somehow or strengthened up pretty good...nebody done that yet???

There is about an inch of flat metal on top of the windshield frame.

Also, I just wanted to say, it was good to meet Alex at Carolina Truggies. Alex did a great job on the cage work. Thanks and nice to meet ya Alex.

Hey, I'm starting to think about the bikini top.
Is there any kind of channel, grommets, holes, or anything at the top of the windshield? Or is it just a flat peice of sheet metal?
its flat across the top with bolt holes for the hard top.

Something a bit "redneck" that dad and I did years ago for a bikini top on my 72 Jimmy was "carve" a 1x4 to fit where the hard top bolted onto the windshield.

Then we could bolt that board to the windshield and then "wrapped" the board with the bikini fabric / stapled it or something.

Not 100% watertight but a bikini really shouldn't be anyway.

Looks like I need to go buy some bondo too, prob do some "back alley" bondo work on those rust holes. Will start a new tech thread with what I am talking about / just did this on my 85 Yota on Saturday.

(Not "restoring" this Bronco or my Yota or we would have done it all the right way...but stupid to spend 20 hours fabbing new body just to beat it all up again)

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64415

I built my own "family cage" size bikini top years ago for the EB and took a piece of 1" square aluminum tube, made a cut all the way down the length of the bottom of one side, rounded the ends, then bolted it to the top of the windshield. Used to be one of the top mfr's (kayline maybe?) would sell the windshield frame channel separately, but they haven't for years--then went out of business as well.
Will have to build or buy a wiper motor drop bracket most likely too.

Im planning to take the tent to Raleigh so it can go back home with the bronco. Should be able to get it to Chase or Bryan this week.

chris

We just took the wiper motor off. It will go to the nw owner, to bolt back on or whatever.

Dylan I'm thinking that you'll probbaly want SOME kind of wiper for the race - mud on windshield at that speed = disaster

(I remember last year when I hit the first puddle, I was so worried about just hanging on it took me about 3 secs to remember I could wipe it off, lol - but in teh meantime I couldn't see sh*t)

Back