4x4cross Bronco

Dylan I'm thinking that you'll probbaly want SOME kind of wiper for the race - mud on windshield at that speed = disaster
(I remember last year when I hit the first puddle, I was so worried about just hanging on it took me about 3 secs to remember I could wipe it off, lol - but in teh meantime I couldn't see sh*t)

With the eb wipers...mud on the windshield=crappy. Mud on the windshield after using windshield wipers=you hanging your head out the side to see. :flipoff2:

With the eb wipers...mud on the windshield=crappy. Mud on the windshield after using windshield wipers=you hanging your head out the side to see. :flipoff2:

completly correct my friend!!! had a 76 that i used to run in the mud all the time back in highschool and after the first trip i NEVER used the wiper unless it was rainin lol

Has anyone driven it 20 miles around town to make sure everything works well enough to last the entire race?
Not yet....when Mike delivered it...we had to 'roll start it', Then tghe battery went dead...then it was out of gas....
Then we got it to the shop, put gas in it, got it running,changed oil...added a flush, and a good tune up.......then we shut it off and took out the gas tank. We have not ran it since, so no, we have not ran it hardly at all. We will soon tho...:popcorn:...Hopefully.

Dylan I'm thinking that you'll probbaly want SOME kind of wiper for the race - mud on windshield at that speed = disaster
(I remember last year when I hit the first puddle, I was so worried about just hanging on it took me about 3 secs to remember I could wipe it off, lol - but in teh meantime I couldn't see sh*t)
You have a good point, but I've heard what the other guys are saying, thats why I pulled it off to begin with. If it does work, it would only smear the mud. I will just have to deal with it.

Wooo:driver: thats what 'drivers' do!

I have thought about that...but, the windshield and piano hinge is in bad shape...if we remove it, it wont go back on very easily..if at all.
Do you guys think the winner will want the windshield?

Well why not just remove the glass and keep the frame?

It will be your job to keep it clean while Dylan drives the wheeles off.:gitrdun:

I have thought about that...but, the windshield and piano hinge is in bad shape...if we remove it, it wont go back on very easily..if at all.
Do you guys think the winner will want the windshield?

remove it. Its being built for racing, not mall crawlin :flipoff2:

True, but I am trying to think of the winner, and how they might use it as a trail rig.
But, I aint married to that windshield...we can plasma it off, wont bother me a bit. I can use goggles!

I'll see if I can find my tear-offs for ya :D

Really, I don't care, either way is fine with me.

^^^^See...one for leaving it, one for cutting it off, one dont care....
Prolly just leave it...it'll be less work to just leave it, and strap it to the cage somehow., if it gets muddy during the race, we can just kick it out of the way...lol
If that dont work, I'll just spin that piece around and drive it backerds..:driver:

If that dont work, I'll just spin that piece around and drive it backerds..:driver:
[in that best ricky bobby voice] hey ratlabguy bought this target it's really nice, it was on sale......

my vote - leave the windshield on for painting etc - then remove it for the race.
i just need to know what to tie the bikini to in the front; in general, if it will be driven w teh winshield on, you'd def want the bikini tied to that in front, rather than the front rollbar b/c that air gap (between shield and rollbar/bikini) will catch air at any decent speed and create problems.
Also if you got caught in rain w/ it it'd cause rai nto collect and runn right down in front onto the dash/inside of winshield, lol.

Yeah I would not remove the windshield because of a "simple" windshield wiper motor. Much better to either fix the wiper, or just not worry about it.

Throw some Rain-X on the windshield and roll on...but I would not be happy if I won this and someone hacked off the windshield instead of doing it right.

If there has been more cash come in, use it to buy the proper mount / motor, etc for the wipers.

Hinge itself is $45

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-14145_windshield_frame_hinge_stainless_steel.htm

New motor is $55 on there... I haven't looked over in the other thread but if any more tickets have sold we should have some cash for that if truly needed.

(Windshield frame is $259...+ seals, etc, so yeah I would rather it not get hacked up!)

Back