4x4cross Bronco

ok well John(Jph0913) towed the Bronco to my house Friday night.

so here it is arriving
100_4868.jpg

100_4869.jpg

Craig(Scibetta) showed up at 9am and he and I got started.

1st we looked it over and got to work ripping out the floor plans, battery box, etc.

After we got them out we took off the solid mount transfer case mount and we made a bushing mount so it can move a little with the engine.

we also had to reroute the brake lines, fuel line and some wiring that were over the solid mount area.

100_4870.jpg

100_4871.jpg

100_4872.jpg

while he had the floor pans off we sprayed all the fresh metal with some under coating. this is an area that Blaze will not be able to get to, and it will rust if we did not paint it.

100_4876.jpg

100_4878.jpg

John(jph0913) came back over after he drove back out to Chases to get the box of parts that did not make it friday night.

after we got mount done we put some fuel in gas tank(it was empty) and tried to start it up.. we did it to run but the carb needs some adjusting.

also with my experience of fords and there engines I knew that if we did mount the battery in the back and the engine would not fire it would not take long before the there was not enough power to crank it over with the battery being that far from the engine.

SO we re did the original battery tray with some new metal, braced it up and moved the nice battery box up under the hood.

100_4874.jpg

100_4875.jpg

next we put the floor pans back in and finish welded them all in.. so floor pans are all in with just a few things to modify.

then we started to tackle the seats.. we got the passenger side bars made and welded in and just need to drill holes for the seat to bolt down..

I plan to be back on it monday and get drivers seat bars made and both seats mounted so we can put harness on.

then tuesday night paint it and get it over to Blaze to spary the inside

100_4880.jpg

100_4881.jpg

You guys sure did get alot done!:beer:
Looking great. Thanks guys!

Lets here it for the community effort that has gone into this Bronco. :bounce2:

From Tenn to Snider Automotive In Mocksville to RIDES in Hickory to Carolina Truggies in Charlotte to East Coast Gear Supply in Durham to BRUISER in Raleigh.....Along with many folks from all over NC traveling to these shops to offer services and parts.....Big props to all!:beer:

great job guys.

like Dylan said, im very impressed with the community effort. it is a good reflection of the members on this board.

this bronco has come a long ways since i picked it up at shawns house in tenn just a few weeks ago. great job everyone.

well Jph0913 and myself spent another 4 hrs tonight doing work

we got seat mounts finished, seats mounted and got harness in and tabs welded on but we need to get some more bolts for the harness to connect

also mounted high lift in the back and attached windshield to roll cage so it will not fall off when racing :)

if all goes well I hope to paint it this wed night.

100_4884.jpg

100_4885.jpg

100_4886.jpg

Very very nice Ken. Seats look good sitting in there. How did you attatch the windshield?

I cant say thanks enough! It's really coming together now.

Back