93 XJ build

I was doing the moon walk up the mountain spotting and pulling cable :flipoff2:
I do have to say, you got some mad compliments for being a wild trail monkey and killer cable puller. Everyone was impressed

Been getting carried away with the cut off wheel and sawzall recently :) I blame dewalt.

ef546f28a16286b6a524c2e631d88074.jpg

1d5b1552c0c430a37487cb8fcf99f5bf.jpg

Flexing my creative juices here. Keep around my 90* and 180* bend tube to help find what clearances I can bend to. That front clip might be history...

d4b3378422ab952801ffa58593f67138.jpg

ee56cf4affb4466456b3daa6b4919018.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a few months break from making progress (I blame work and traveling) I am back at it. I have all of my links, joints, and brackets from barnes4wd for the front 3 link and the rear triangulated 4 link. I have some metal to move the steering box forward and make hoops for the front coilovers. NWF finally dropped off the Eco box which I was waiting on so I can get everything back under the jeep to find where links can even fit. So it's time to get this thing underway.

At this point it would be nice to have it back on 4 tires :D

Bought a new 6 pinion planetary for the eco-box
mcY6lpq.jpg

On-to the np231 input shaft
XQtPfN8.jpg

All the np231 parts are harvested
wOZtyf8.jpg

iaQUBbp.jpg

Enduro joints are massive
LlwtYPl.jpg

1ehkY7l.jpg

sJVC6q6.jpg

After a few months break from making progress (I blame work and traveling) I am back at it. I have all of my links, joints, and brackets from barnes4wd for the front 3 link and the rear triangulated 4 link. I have some metal to move the steering box forward and make hoops for the front coilovers. NWF finally dropped off the Eco box which I was waiting on so I can get everything back under the jeep to find where links can even fit. So it's time to get this thing underway.

At this point it would be nice to have it back on 4 tires :D

Bought a new 6 pinion planetary for the eco-box
mcY6lpq.jpg

On-to the np231 input shaft
XQtPfN8.jpg

All the np231 parts are harvested
wOZtyf8.jpg

iaQUBbp.jpg

Enduro joints are massive
LlwtYPl.jpg

1ehkY7l.jpg

sJVC6q6.jpg

Those are some funny looking enduro joints, they change the design again?

Those are some funny looking enduro joints, they change the design again?

These are the 5/8” thru-bolt versions. The 9/16” versions are the ones you are familiar with.

I went overkill for sure. 1 1/4 heims for the 4 link to add to the list.

These are the 5/8” thru-bolt versions. The 9/16” versions are the ones you are familiar with.

I went overkill for sure. 1 1/4 heims for the 4 link to add to the list.

I’m running the 5/8” bolt version and it’s totally different. Those look cast and then machined. Enduros should have all machined surfaces unless they’ve changed everything

Edit* apparently they are now offering the ones you have and the older style. What you have has 4.25” of threads whereas the other has 3.5”.

Attachments

• FBDB7C8B-DD49-44EC-BB71-C75D9DCD2C3F.png
    FBDB7C8B-DD49-44EC-BB71-C75D9DCD2C3F.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
I’m running the 5/8” bolt version and it’s totally different. Those look cast and then machined. Enduros should have all machined surfaces unless they’ve changed everything

Edit* apparently they are now offering the ones you have and the older style. What you have has 4.25” of threads whereas the other has 3.5”.

I sent Barnes an email around that time because a lot of stuff was out of stock. Including 9/16” enduro joints. I think he said he was getting held up by his supplier.

I'll be interested in where your 205 falls with that NWF box. Are you planning on flat belly? Clocking the 205 up? If you are you will be raising your seat if it falls where mine did.

I'll be interested in where your 205 falls with that NWF box. Are you planning on flat belly? Clocking the 205 up? If you are you will be raising your seat if it falls where mine did.

I don’t think I’ll be able to clock it up. I’ll clock it as much as I can but the ford 205 has that giant hump right over the front output.

The long term plan is to get the eco box and 205 to fit, then I’ll build my 3 link/4 link on a subframe which will have a smooth belly. Thinking the subframe might hang down 1.5” or so :)

Why not cut that hump off the 205? It’s basically dead space.

Time.

And I don’t want to accidentally ruin a perfectly fine case. I looked up chopping it then welding it flush. It’s cast iron which already has a slew of welding difficulties. I’ll chop the floor before I cut the case.

Priority at the moment is getting back on all four tires and on the road at the least :D

Back