A TJ named Corn Squeeze šŸŒ½

I think you should do a highline so you don't need any extra lift. I'm also biased because I have a set of AEV TJ/LJ Highline fenders sitting in the shop that I would be better served to sell than just let sit there. Also have some steel tube flares and custom rockers.

I think you should do a highline so you don't need any extra lift. I'm also biased because I have a set of AEV TJ/LJ Highline fenders sitting in the shop that I would be better served to sell than just let sit there. Also have some steel tube flares and custom rockers.
Tell me more bout these things just taking up space you have šŸ™ƒ

I will mount the solenoid tomorrow. I really like how simple and clean it looks! I kept my stock hooks even thought theyā€™re not super functional, I just like small homage touches to originality. It is pretty flush with the bumper but of course the Hawse fairlead will lead the whole shebang.

The mounting plate is made well, 1/4ā€ and gussets top and bottom.

0B0A9584-5026-48A1-A65E-F9E2587BFB55.jpeg
8E85C286-220D-446C-BBE8-78E5D394E9E8.jpeg
11E203D1-73E6-4914-9025-E4F0D92B51F0.jpeg
82BF212A-2658-4AAA-BCB1-8DB6721DE72C.jpeg

Guess Iā€™ll pull off the cable and keep it. May come in handy for something.

:driver:

Last edited:
I actually really appreciate this simple build's like this because its more relatable, and reminds me of when things were simpler in my jeepworld.
When was the last time you even drove your jeep into town? Not talking shit, just curious? It's too nice to let it sit.

I will mount the solenoid tomorrow. I really like how simple and clean it looks! I kept my stock hooks even thought theyā€™re not super functional, I just like small homage touches to originality. It is pretty flush with the bumper but of course the Hawse fairlead will lead the whole shebang.

The mounting plate is made well, 1/4ā€ and gussets top and bottom.

View attachment 348401View attachment 348402View attachment 348403View attachment 348404

Guess Iā€™ll pull off the cable and keep it. May come in handy for something.

Boom. Bonafide.

Well I have the winch solenoid mounted and battery cable is run. I have tested it and all seems well. Having the wireless capability seems nice šŸ‘šŸ»

D0094CFA-AD27-499C-8134-1DE1F31CB1AB.jpeg

Synthetic rope, fairlead and stop should be here Monday.

I got the rear bumper mounted. It overall seems well done. The latch is pretty nice, automotive door style latch. The license plate mount had to be removed for the latch plate to clear when mounting. Not a deal breaker but this question was asked on Amazon and the manufacturer stated the plate bracket did not have to be removed šŸ§

63FED0E6-F192-40FB-B4DF-F45A16A73619.jpeg

I need a 285 spare so Iā€™m going to a local used llantas store to see what they have.

I will figure out the plate and a light once the tire is on. Think Iā€™ll skip the high mount stop light, none of yā€™all run em it appears šŸ˜„

I have a stainless muffler and tailpipe in the shop to bolt on. May do that if it isnā€™t pouring rain.

Last edited:
Today I rushed to get the new stainless exhaust on so I can make the trip east for a funeral. Winch rope, fairlead and stop got installed as well.

I used my tractor as a weight coming up my drive for spooling. At least 1000lbs I would imagine.

Gotta go see about a used 285 for a spare and check all my fluids and such. I wish I had time to figure out the cruise control issue šŸ¤Ø

I also need at least a temporary tag mount. May bungee to the spare for now. I havenā€™t decided how I want to mount it permanently.

E5ED0260-3979-4564-9A79-B0F286DF60EC.jpeg
CAFB00E2-55AB-4547-AD6E-E072768061B5.jpeg
1A12ADF7-79CC-4FE1-BAB4-95D2315B9A2F.jpeg

Had the steering box skid come in, it was a cheap bit of insurance.

Jeep did great on the 500 mile funeral trip down close to the coast.

I plan to wheel it a bit at GER this weekend but nothing too crazy as I still havenā€™t replaced my Super Duty and will be driving the 3 hours.

I want to try a 180 thermostat to keep hwy temps lower and possibly better mileage if the clutch fan is less inclined to work.

Planning to paint the flares and hard top before long.

Had the steering box skid come in, it was a cheap bit of insurance.

Jeep did great on the 500 mile funeral trip down close to the coast.

I plan to wheel it a bit at GER this weekend but nothing too crazy as I still havenā€™t replaced my Super Duty and will be driving the 3 hours.

I want to try a 180 thermostat to keep hwy temps lower and possibly better mileage if the clutch fan is less inclined to work.

Planning to paint the flares and hard top before long.
Stick with the 200 or 210 that it calls for. The ecu needs that higher temp to go into closed loop. You could possibly lose performance and mileage with too cool of a thermostat.

Stick with the 200 or 210 that it calls for. The ecu needs that higher temp to go into closed loop. You could possibly lose performance and mileage with too cool of a thermostat.
I get what youā€™re saying and in older injected engines it is pretty accurate but in later models it is O2 sensor temp that determines when closed loop occurs.

With heated O2 sensors, it will be in closed loop in under a minute usually regardless of coolant temp. You can watch it live with a scanner do this. It is possible to set a code if coolant temp is too low for too long (time being the factor) but the threshold is under 160 somewhere.

I installed a 180* in my 05 Rubicon the week I bought it new and temps came down to around 190-200 in operation which was better overall than the 210+ the 195* thermostat held things at.

Today I put on the steering box skid and finally put on the front brake pads. I had been thinking that it seemed to me the wheels had more offset than I remembered stock wheels havingā€¦yep it has spacers @willness33 so I can scratch them off my list of things to buy/do.

I donā€™t think I have time to get longer bumpstops here before Saturday.

I put my 1/2ā€ impact swivel in the tool bag I keep in the back so it will be easy to disconnect the sway bar with my battery impact. I went ahead and did it so I was sure the nut wasnā€™t stuck, put a little anti-seize on the threads. I may leave it connected this trip since the bumps are still stock

I have a few more things to do before I head to GER Saturday but I am looking forward to the trip

A replacement license plate mount that is thinner is inbound. Hopefully it clears the tire carrier latch. Still not planning to do a 3rd brake lamp unless I canā€™t get it inspected next year. Stations here are fairly laid back. The NC statute says 2 stop lamps are required (used to say one) but I know the 3rd lamp is a fed thing.

Small stuffā€¦

I received the Bell brand universal license plate holder and it was a success. It was thin enough but sturdy blow mold plastic. I was able to use the factory plate holder body holes and just had to shorten some plate screws so they donā€™t get in the body.

I decided I didnā€™t like the plate in the spare and the factory lamp works with this setup.

3AF0EA56-4E4D-44F7-829B-08B3230F65AA.jpeg

6BFD8F4A-0A2D-4AFB-98A5-67B3D7F1E49A.jpeg

41E58191-3FD7-48E1-9E5E-C9F565484E4E.jpeg

6F588A91-CE14-4E72-B1B7-03AA4D196E42.jpeg

Got the thermostat replaced today and coolant flushed. Inside of radiator looks brand new, it has to have been replaced at some point.

Gave it a bath.

My steering wheel leather is in good shape but for some reason it is sticky. I have cleaned it with everything I know and it is still tacky feeling. So I bought a thin black neoprene cover from WM and stitched it on like a factory coverā€¦sort of. I had done this before with my first Super Duty and it works and looks nice.

3899F7A9-18EE-4A3C-84F9-F4216004E1E0.jpeg
80EB20C0-51FC-4BDA-9CAE-06B3F037FDB5.jpeg

I have to get my bump stops figured out. I have the info on measuring and will do it soon. I just saw that the factory front brake hoses are still there šŸ˜‘ I should have checked earlier.

Cannot believe somebody put springs on this thing and didnā€™t address the brake lines or extend the stops.

So, no GER tomorrow, I canā€™t risk brake lines 3 hours from home.

Last edited:
I have to get my bump stops figured out. I have the info on measuring and will do it soon. I just saw that the factory front brake hoses are still there šŸ˜‘ I should have checked earlier.

Cannot believe somebody put springs on this thing and didnā€™t address the brake lines or extend the stops.

So, no GER tomorrow, I canā€™t risk brake lines 3 hours from home.
I believe some oem brakelines off trucks work as extended brake lines on a jeep. Find the right part number and see if a parts store in Princeton or along the way has them. Stop in and grab them and replace them once you get to the ranch.

Also hope your fittings don't twist the lines lol

Supposedly YJ hoses make good extended TJ hoses.

I donā€™t believe Iā€™ll be swapping hoses and bleeding brakes 3 hours from home. Iā€™m old fer Peteā€™s sake.

Ordered Dorman extended brake lines from Amazon.

Ordered new Rockford Fosgate front and rear speakers, one of my rear distorts badly and theyā€™re all 17 years old soā€¦

Got wiring for speakers to plug into factory connectors.

Ordered hard top rear window struts.

Ordered trailer plug harness.

Not ordering bump stop stuff til after I measure for what I need.

Looking darn good! I've had the Jeep bug for as long as I can remember, and have owned Jeeps of one model or another for over 20 years....I really, REALLY miss just having one to drive (my current pile just sits...well, in a pile) and I pretty much live vicariously through threads like these. Keep it up!

Back