And so it begins....again....

farmboy

Seems like i just finished the last build on the cruiser but I feel like change. Picked up a 60 front the other day and was planning to do the build in a few months but after trashing a knuckle on the cruiser axle at the last tellico trip a few weeks ago I pulled the cruiser in the shop and in a time of emotion pulled the axle and cut the brackets off. Right now the plan is for a 14 bolt rear and I want to cut the back and tube it but probably wont happen this go around...but who knows i change my mind every 10 mins. Here are a few pics of the progress...nothing special yet.

Attachments

• 100_1576.JPG
    100_1576.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,492
  • 100_1686.JPG
    100_1686.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,479
  • 100_1696.JPG
    100_1696.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,483
Here are 2 random ones...one cutting mounts off with the plasma and 44 shaft next to a 60 (that ones for you Mac :lol: )

Attachments

• 100_1577.JPG
    100_1577.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,421
  • 100_1581.JPG
    100_1581.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,400
Oh and here is a before shot....

Attachments

• 100_1600.JPG
    100_1600.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,421
Awesome work man. I have enjoyed seeing you and your bros rigs being built up. Cant wait to see the next step yall take. If I ever get the chance to meet up with Seth and his Dad again (met em long time ago, still owe em favors), yall will have to come out too. Goodluck on the build.

Steve Leach

Little bit of an update. Got some more work on the outboarding done tonight. Kinda waiting on parts at this point but doing as much as I can without them.

Attachments

• 100_1702.JPG
    100_1702.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,297
  • 100_1701.JPG
    100_1701.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,253
Also picked up the IROKs....;)

Attachments

• 100_1697.jpg
    100_1697.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,291
  • 100_1700.JPG
    100_1700.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,239
Both tires and wheels are for sale. Check the for sale forum if any of yall are intrested.

Well got a little more done today. Went to DPG the around 12 and hung out for a while and came home with a Toyota Mini t-case, TH350 adapter and spudshaft (Thanks Dave and Jody!) Tonight I got some stuff painted and finished up some gussets for the rear hangers. Also got the tranny and transfercase pulled. Who wants to buy a TH400 and Cruiser case?????? :D

Also if any of yall have a Chevy TH350 that you want to sell then shoot me a PM!

Attachments

• 100_1718.JPG
    100_1718.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,213
  • 100_1705.JPG
    100_1705.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,215
  • 100_1725.JPG
    100_1725.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,133
When you're ready for some 35 spline front outers, let me know...

I know a guy just outside of Asheville who can hook ya up cheap.

Looks good Sam. Good to see ya again yesterday.

Awwwww Dang you Jody. Actualy already ordered all my 35 spline outers, chromo inners and bobby long u-joints. I told ya im on the ball man, going to try and finish this thing more sooner than later. :D

I think i've finally figured out these winget boys. As long as you have "a build up" happening, you don't actually have to wheel! Unless you have a girlfriend, that also releases you from the act of wheeling. With these exemptions, all this web wheeling is allowed :flipoff2: Looking good Sam. let me know on those tires. I also need a rear 60.

You caught us Dave. I knew a guy who gave advice like "dont go to the SAT smashed" would eventualy figure us out but i didnt think it would be so quick. :lol:

Shoot Will@Rockbottom4x4.com a PM. He is the one with the tires. We have a dana 61 out back if you want to build something a little different. :D

Sam

What was the 61 from?

Uhhhh i think a van. A buddy got it and was going to put it in his grand and decided against it. I think you have to have a ringer spacer and the diff is offset some to the passenger side.

You were getting those 40" MTR's back werent ya? Dave is looking for a set and i thought you may still want to sell those. Or since your hating those Krawlers ill take them off your hands for cheap. :D

oh yeah...the foties...still don't have 'em back yet but could obtain them pretty quick if someone's interested...shoot me a PM whoever you are...

Sam...grow a set and cut that 60 down to usable wheeling width...don't be a goofy full width guy...
...better yet...bring it to rockbottom4x4.com and let me do it...i'll cut ya a deal man...and you wont be a geek then either...

Fullwidth is where its at man. Next thing you will be telling me H2 wheels are the bomb because they are cheap and you wont need beadlocks. :lol:

Heck I might not mill those dualy hubs down and just be insane wide to piss you and seth off. :D ok ok mabey not that wide.

EDIT: I am thinking that last post was just a shameless plug...tisk tisk tisk. haha

JOB....

Hey Sam I was wondering if I could send you a copy of my resume and you could give it to your boss, so he would hire me and I would have just ungodly amounts of money flowing out of my butt....OH WAIT YOUR STILL IN F'IN HIGH SCHOOL, thats right, I forgot. Looks good, hope to see it soon.

Well instead of abicrombie(sp?) cloths, nice shoes, and expensive stuff for the lady friend, I have a toyota that I blow all my cash with and a girlfriend, who at the momment thinks the yota is cool enough to let me do so(which will not be the case if i spend another week of late nights in the shop). But honestly...whats more important right? :lol:

Back