Automotive bubble....has it burst?

I've been seeing ads for cash back and money off MSRP on new trucks. I'd start looking but not be hot to buy yet.

Last edited:
The latest interest hike isn't going to help sales of these overpriced vehicles people already can't afford and have to have a loan for.

The latest interest hike isn't going to help sales of these overpriced vehicles people already can't afford and have to have a loan for.
Nope, but its gonna help prices 👍

I kinda always assumed the big three were so strong they did inhouse financing, somewhat decoupled from the mafia.

I have started seeing the rebates and lower interest offers popping up too.

I still wonder about the thousands of trucks sitting in fields and parking lots. Have all of those been offloaded? If so, where did they go? Not that I want to buy one, but the timing couldnt be worse for them to try and unload now.

I still wonder about the thousands of trucks sitting in fields and parking lots. Have all of those been offloaded? If so, where did they go? Not that I want to buy one, but the timing couldnt be worse for them to try and unload now.
I would say "Not my problem, they've been screwing people hard for 3 years, time to turn the tables", but after the last bailout...

I would say "Not my problem, they've been screwing people hard for 3 years, time to turn the tables", but after the last bailout...
I agree 100%. I have no interest in buying one of them, but the numbers are big enough to effect the whole truck market, so Im interested to see what they plan to do with them.

The average price of a new car in the United States hit $48,008 in March, up 30 percent from March 2020.

I'm 49 yrs old and have never bought a new car or truck in my life.

The average price of a new car in the United States hit $48,008 in March, up 30 percent from March 2020.

Same here. Up until the past couple years, it never made sense unless you were doing a business writeoff. But last year when we were considering a new van for the wife, new ones were actually CHEAPER than used ones "because you can get the used one NOW, whereas you had to wait a couple months for a new one". F that noise.

I kinda always assumed the big three were so strong they did inhouse financing, somewhat decoupled from the mafia.
Car loans are a real problem right now. Banks have tightened lending requirements. Lots of folks don't qualify anymore.

You've still got time! :laughing:
Just tell 'em what you want your payment to be and they're take care of the rest

How do they find such dumb people? Why are they then quoted in a national news story? How do these people get 'good jobs in finance and business contracting'?

A. Since when was a brand new car part of this American Dream thing? If someone told them that, they got duped.
B. "He blames the manufacturers and dealers for charging so much for new cars." These people are in 'business' and 'finance'? No wonder we are in the mess we are in. Its so easy.....if people quit buying new cars at the elevated prices, prices would come down, pretty quick. These business and finance people don't understand supply and demand?

goodness.

How do they find such dumb people? Why are they then quoted in a national news story? How do these people get 'good jobs in finance and business contracting'?

A. Since when was a brand new car part of this American Dream thing? If someone told them that, they got duped.
B. "He blames the manufacturers and dealers for charging so much for new cars." These people are in 'business' and 'finance'? No wonder we are in the mess we are in. Its so easy.....if people quit buying new cars at the elevated prices, prices would come down, pretty quick. These business and finance people don't understand supply and demand?

goodness.
Just greed driving the market. They wanna get everything they can out of people, and then get bailed out when it all comes falling down because they held out too long.

Juan isn't very smart based on his current vehicle. I've never bought a new car either and have had the privilege of owning some of the most iconic vehicles of our time. Only for business reasons would I ever buy new.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

They don't have to try very hard.
I'd love for you to elaborate. You seem to be implying that I am a "dumb people" and if so, I'd certainly like to understand why you feel this way.

Whose greed? Of course the automakers and dealer will charge whatever someone will pay. You would too in your business.

If the new cars stopped flying off the shelves like they are at these prices, things would change quickly.
There are plenty of cars to go around. There are hundreds of thousands of used cars for sale at this very moment. Many hundreds of thousands of new ones too.

I'd love for you to elaborate. You seem to be implying that I am a "dumb people" and if so, I'd certainly like to understand why you feel this way.
It would be a whole lot faster if you just came to terms with the fact you've gotten fucked by inflation in the last three years.

It would be a whole lot faster if you just came to terms with the fact you've gotten fucked by inflation in the last three years.
Yeah, I guess it's just that simple. Thanks for the elucidation. It's tough being so dumb sometimes.
200w.gif

Last edited:
Mind you, this thread is 16 months old, and we're still waiting on the "market correction" that's coming any day now.

It may eventually come, but trust me, you won't like what it means for vehicle prices to go back to pre-2020 prices.

Back