Automotive bubble....has it burst?

Prices are still stupid. Bought a 2022 Colorado Z71 4x2 last April brand new at the dealer for $36,365. After driving it for a year and putting 14000 miles on it, Carvana just bought it for $34,282. If they paid me that much, I hate to think what they're gonna sell it for.

Prices are still stupid. Bought a 2022 Colorado Z71 4x2 last April brand new at the dealer for $36,365. After driving it for a year and putting 14000 miles on it, Carvana just bought it for $34,282. If they paid me that much, I hate to think what they're gonna sell it for.
Lol just checked.... Wife's '22 model mini Cooper, bought from the factory delivered July 21 for 21k out the door.
Carvana just offered.... 20,994.
Insane

Places like that make their money of the financing. Just like most buy here pay here dealers.

Lol just checked.... Wife's '22 model mini Cooper, bought from the factory delivered July 21 for 21k out the door.
Carvana just offered.... 20,994.
Insane
You made me check as well.
Bought daughter's 4runner in August of 21 for 40,800.
Carvana just offered 39,900.

But the same exact build new now stickers for $52k :/

You made me check as well.
Bought daughter's 4runner in August of 21 for 40,800.
Carvana just offered 39,900.

But the same exact build new now stickers for $52k :/
Yeah, I just got done checking - same build Mini (apparently they eliminated the Oxford Edition deal) now starts at 26k.

A lot of this "amazing value retention" is really just inflation.

A lot of this "amazing value retention" is really just inflation.
200.gif

For those that have done the Carvana estimates, is there any fallout when you put in your info (like 10 emails a day hounding you?). I am wanting to sell my dads pick-up and thought it might be worth checking on them after hearing some of these comments.

For those that have done the Carvana estimates, is there any fallout when you put in your info (like 10 emails a day hounding you?). I am wanting to sell my dads pick-up and thought it might be worth checking on them after hearing some of these comments.
Shockingly I haven't noticed it. Either its getting spam filtered or they aren't bombing me, only got the 1 email with the quote.

This thread piqued my interest, so I submitted for a value. I got the quote, and two spam emails within 24hrs. After the second spam email, I just clicked unsubscribe and haven't gotten another email.

I got a followup a year later and the quote had only dropped about $300.

No spam here either. Just emails pertaining to the actual transaction of selling to them. I did make the mistake of getting a KBB instant offer. They spam that shit to multiple dealerships and I was getting phone calls, texts and emails for days. DO NOT do the KBB offer thing. I had one dealership text, call and email, all from five different people at the same dealership.

No spam here either. Just emails pertaining to the actual transaction of selling to them. I did make the mistake of getting a KBB instant offer. They spam that shit to multiple dealerships and I was getting phone calls, texts and emails for days. DO NOT do the KBB offer thing. I had one dealership text, call and email, all from five different people at the same dealership.
Translation: sign up your neighbor you don't like with his email

This thread piqued my interest, so I submitted for a value. I got the quote, and two spam emails within 24hrs. After the second spam email, I just clicked unsubscribe and haven't gotten another email.
Izzat cuz you're thinking of getting rid of the Navi or Expo since you got work wheelz now? If so, holla acha boi

So does everyone think there will be a large number of new trucks on lots again and start seeing rebates and pricing holding or dropping?
I'm probably gonna buy a truck in the next six months and debating new vs used. Prices seem similar for 3-4 year old truck to a new one but rates are almost double for used.

So does everyone think there will be a large number of new trucks on lots again and start seeing rebates and pricing holding or dropping?
I'm probably gonna buy a truck in the next six months and debating new vs used. Prices seem similar for 3-4 year old truck to a new one but rates are almost double for used.
Wanna buy mine when my new one arrives?

Back