Boone/ASU Guys

Maybe when I get my rig finished, I'll get up with some of ya'll to wheel a bit... Most everyone I knew in the area is now off the mountain... I just gotta get some lights wired up and mines ready to go, but I get lazy and I just got a new bike... Anyone wanna meet up and have a wrenching party on my rig? I'll provide the welder, tools, brew, and cookout if I can just get the thing done...

Add in a lawn chair and a bug zapper and I'm there. ;)

I know that, give me that much credit. But when I look at an axle and it looks like a D44, and then my friend tells me its a D44, I can pretty much be 99% sure thats right.
Ill gladly give you that much credit. I was just saying that if someone was foolish enough to pay Dynatrac for axles...

Ill gladly give you that much credit. I was just saying that if someone was foolish enough to pay Dynatrac for axles...

Oh man, I'm right there with you. I don't understand neither. :bounce2:
Plus, they looked a little older. They didnt have the thick diff cover (or appear to) on the front atleast. For Dynatrac type $$$ I would expect some beef.

god, you didnt want to come.

It was a long ordeal, much longer then I figured we'd be out there. My friend tried to tackle a mud hole in his TJ, but got stuck at the very front end (hung up on the skid plate, had like 1 or 2 tires touching)

We had 3 tow ropes and a come along, we figured no problem. 2 of the tow ropes broke at the clips, and the Come along just pulled my jeep closer to his instead of his out of the crap it was in (no tree close enough with our now single tow rope)

so we called a few people and got a guy to come in a stock blazer, who pulled him out fine after we dug out a hole under his skid plate.

god, you didnt want to come.
It was a long ordeal, much longer then I figured we'd be out there. My friend tried to tackle a mud hole in his TJ, but got stuck at the very front end (hung up on the skid plate, had like 1 or 2 tires touching)
We had 3 tow ropes and a come along, we figured no problem. 2 of the tow ropes broke at the clips, and the Come along just pulled my jeep closer to his instead of his out of the crap it was in (no tree close enough with our now single tow rope)
so we called a few people and got a guy to come in a stock blazer, who pulled him out fine after we dug out a hole under his skid plate.

If you're going to tackle stuff and get stuck down at Samson (Richland...whatever...we all call it Samson) you better either have a winch or take a tent with you. DO NOT leave your truck down there over night. I've known many people to leave their trucks because of broken parts or getting stuck. Anything of value was taken before they got back...tires, tools, tool boxes, radios...you name it...We had a guy come to the shop one day and tell us he got stuck out there in his 4Runner the night before. Couple of my buddies went down there to get it...It was no where to be found. I guess Jim-Bob was able to pull it out with his 76 K-5...it doesn't take much to break a keylock on a 4Runner...

...just a heads up to the new guys...All those burnt up cars in the field weren't burnt before they got there...

...maybe one day I'll have a rig again and can go wheeling with you guys...

Thats where spoayj spun his driveshaft in half and ripped a hole in his tranny pan...such a fun day/night. we had to build a damn fire so we could see to fix it

If you're going to tackle stuff and get stuck down at Samson (Richland...whatever...we all call it Samson) you better either have a winch or take a tent with you. DO NOT leave your truck down there over night. I've known many people to leave their trucks because of broken parts or getting stuck. Anything of value was taken before they got back...tires, tools, tool boxes, radios...you name it...We had a guy come to the shop one day and tell us he got stuck out there in his 4Runner the night before. Couple of my buddies went down there to get it...It was no where to be found. I guess Jim-Bob was able to pull it out with his 76 K-5...it doesn't take much to break a keylock on a 4Runner...
...just a heads up to the new guys...All those burnt up cars in the field weren't burnt before they got there...
...maybe one day I'll have a rig again and can go wheeling with you guys...
You would be amazed at the number of burnt trucks we have seen down there over the years. If you break, drag that sucker out on the frame if you have to. It will tear it up, but it will still be usable in the morning. I have never met anyone that would have balls to stay there overnight on a weekend, I wouldnt if you paid me to.

someone send me a pm or something next time you guys go out... im working on getting my junk back to boone, hopefully ill get it back up here sometime soon

Yea Sampson is sketch. Haven't ran into anything personally, but we got stuck out there pretty late one night when the K5 puked. Ended up building a fire and having a pretty good time like Reed said. I've heard stories of CRAZY stuff going on back there tho. Everyone listen to Will lol.

Yea Sampson is sketch. Haven't ran into anything personally, but we got stuck out there pretty late one night when the K5 puked. Ended up building a fire and having a pretty good time like Reed said. I've heard stories of CRAZY stuff going on back there tho. Everyone listen to Will lol.

We've been out there as late as 3-4 in the morning, and Ive never seen much.

When we went up Tuesday, we saw some guys shooting a shotgun out into the woods, nice guys though, driving a Gen2 Trooper, so not creepy Rednecks.

Only real creepy thing that happened was the first time i went out there, I stepped on one of the graves to read the stone, and sunk about six inches into the dirt...

what's wrong with your old windshield? I need a windshield for a 4Runner...let me know

Its shattered and not in the truck. If I can get it to Harlan im wheelin sans-windsheild for the weekend.

If anyone up here has a trailer with trailer brakes im looking for a second option to tow my rig to Harlan. I still havent heard back about the Featherlite I was supposed to be using and the departure hour is coming quick.

oh well thats not bad...i take it theres a bunch of places to go play around up there?

Eh..weve got Richlands/Sampson (found out today...if your coming in from Boone, its Sampson, if your coming in from Lenior, its Richlands)

Callente (SP) is pretty close as well.

Back