Boone/ASU Guys

So I ordered the BB and im ordering the JKS Disco's tonight.

Wondering if anyone might lend me a hand to install all this stuff. I need a reason to get back up to boone and snag some Macado's. Those nacho's are calling my name.

Anyways, BB should be in this week, discos, probably next week. Im trying to avoid getting it aligned twice, and I wont have the 32's for some time (have to order wheels and tires still..) 3 weeks tops for the tires.

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT*

Oh yeah, im also looking to remove those stupid plastic bumperette's. Im hoping to weld up a plate over the ends so I dont have an open channel running all the way down. Any help with that would be appreciated too :)

I will have a 2 car carport with a full basement and enough parking for a few trailers. Definately able to have some sort of a Wrenchathon at my place whenever we get settled in.

The lift got here today. Pretty decent looking.

Discos shipped out today as well, props to Off Road Toy Store!

And Im having a front bumper fabbed out for me by a guy at work. He has a custom one on his Chevy Astro, and it actually looks great, fits it perfectly. Great craftsmanship too.

I figure once its all done, im gonna go have the front and rear bumpers Line X'ed at Rock Bottom.

Ditto on that one!

You guys missed out...mine used to be mounted in the machine shop...that was a few years ago though...

I have a bender...if ya need something done shoot me a pm...

Oh...and I've already tried to get Dave to buy one...he was worried about the dies getting into the wrong hands and getting them screwed up...which isn't hard to do.

So really, whos interested in helping me bolt all this stuff on?

Macado's on me for whoever helps. And if you supply the ID, i'll supply the cash for the beer.

Does anyone know a Lee Collett up here? His jeep (Orange TJ, Poison Spyder corner gards and rear stinger, 33's or so) has been at the shop for a while and it's done. I can't seem to find his number. If you know him, tell him to give me a call...Will at 828.850.7950
Thanks

You guys missed out...mine used to be mounted in the machine shop...that was a few years ago though...

I have a bender...if ya need something done shoot me a pm...

Oh...and I've already tried to get Dave to buy one...he was worried about the dies getting into the wrong hands and getting them screwed up...which isn't hard to do.

You are right about the dies. At 225-275 a piece some noob could end up costing everyone time and $$$. Looks like I should have been wheeling with everyone in Boone rather than playing football a few years ago.

We should have a meet and great once everyone gets back up to Boone... Can do a cookout/drink out at my place if ya want... I think it would be good to finally meet up with all ya'll and maybe we can hit some trails on the weekends...

As far as garages go... Mines in the bottom of my apt... I used to be a Tech at the Honda dealer, so I've got almost every hand tool you could ever need... No bender, but do have a 175 Lincoln MIG, grinders, drills, etc... Hell, I built my whole rig with a hand drill and a grinder... Did have to get down to a friends or the tubework though...

Yea that would be awesome, way to many nice rigs in town not to get together...We should set something up around the first of September. I can get Reed to bring the big grille over if needed.

You end up being able to keep yours?

Oh sure, volunteer me to do stuff. Prick :flipoff2: besides, its wheezy's grill.

Stretch, did you play in '05? Do you know Brandon Wilkerson or Ryan Stell?

Well lets get a plan together for a cookout sometime after school gets started up and everyone gets settled into their semester... Then we can check out everyones rides and have an idea of what kind of trips we can go on, and which rigs are set up to ride together in groups...

anyone up here in boone have any parts to a 30 spline hub for a 60, mainly just needing the outer casing. trying to get this asap as im trying to wheel some tomorrow. if youre trying to get rid of one please post back or give me a call at 919.612.6422, or if youre trying to go wheel somewhere tomorrow give me a call.

Thanks,
Chris

Hugh man you need to have a poker night again that was fun... Im gonna pick up that tubing when I get back into Boone do you have a saw to cut some of that up so I can weld it on the Taco in ur garage? You still at the same place?

Jimbo

wheels and tires FINALLY ordered :rolleyes:

should be here this weekend, I suppose the lift will be put on the weekend after.

EDIT*

Guess they are ready NOW.

Cant figure out a way to actually go get them though. I dont have a truck to call my own. We planned to get them in my moms Sportage, but she needs that during the week.

Back