Bourbon

For those that aren’t aware…Blantons and Buffalo Trace drop every two months…and looks like last week was the week for NC/SC. So if your area doesn’t do a waitlist or lottery, start looking/asking in 6-7 weeks.
They dropped a little over 2 weeks ago in Lake Lure NC. Landed my ugly twin a bottle of Blantons that I’m still charging storage on at the house.

They dropped a little over 2 weeks ago in Lake Lure NC. Landed my ugly twin a bottle of Blantons that I’m still charging storage on at the house.
You shut your white mouth. Don't need Weezy buying it out from under me

They had a case of Eagle Rare, a few bottles of Blantons, a few other bottles of expensive stuff I’m not familiar with along with a couple bottles of Pappy that the guy didn’t say anything about until I got the Blantons. I don’t drink the nasty crap and had to brown bag it to get it home without 🤮. Got so sick on Irish whiskey back in 1996 that even looking at a bottle of brown liquor used to make me dry heave.

They had a case of Eagle Rare, a few bottles of Blantons, a few other bottles of expensive stuff I’m not familiar with along with a couple bottles of Pappy that the guy didn’t say anything about until I got the Blantons. I don’t drink the nasty crap and had to brown bag it to get it home without 🤮. Got so sick on Irish whiskey back in 1996 that even looking at a bottle of brown liquor used to make me dry heave.
I need to know more about this honey hole.
I’ll trade something you like in exchange for bourbon

Send me your number and next time I’m down that way I’ll call if they have any of the desirable spirits on hand, or take a nice ride up to the mountains and hit the Lake Lure ABC store on the way to Chimney Rock park.
@hurt4x4 road trip?

Damn we got a high roller up in here.
I'm actually somewhat embarrassed of the haul I've had in the past month. If I get the Rock Hill I'll literally have my entire list checked off for the year and probably next.

I'm actually somewhat embarrassed of the haul I've had in the past month. If I get the Rock Hill I'll literally have my entire list checked off for the year and probably next.

If Pappy is on that list…I know a guy…was too rich for my blood, but for anyone that has to have it…

CD9EDA5B-FB21-499B-9DE3-A54C92DF6616.jpeg

I saw that yesterday but wasn't sure about it. It said something about it winning some kind of award for 2021. I'm always skeptical of those awards for some reason. Whistle Pig is another I'm still waiting to hear more about. They had a bottle at one of my haunts that was $550. I believe it was called The Boss Hog or something. If that was retail I'm going to have pass especially when there's so many others out there for far less.

I saw that yesterday but wasn't sure about it. It said something about it winning some kind of award for 2021. I'm always skeptical of those awards for some reason. Whistle Pig is another I'm still waiting to hear more about. They had a bottle at one of my haunts that was $550. I believe it was called The Boss Hog or something. If that was retail I'm going to have pass especially when there's so many others out there for far less.

Biggest thing to know about Whistle Pig is...do you like high rye bourbons??? If so, you'll love it. I'm a high wheat guy...so I'm typically not a fan of Whistle Pig/Jim Beam/Booker's/Four Roses bottlings. If you tend to prefer the blantons/BT/Maker's Mark/Weller bottlings...you're a high wheat guy too.

And that's actually not a bad price for the Boss Hog...cheapest I've ever seen it in the wild is $400.

The whistle pig ten year single barrel is great. It’s a minimum of 10 years and usually 12-16yrs old.

Biggest thing to know about Whistle Pig is...do you like high rye bourbons??? If so, you'll love it. I'm a high wheat guy...so I'm typically not a fan of Whistle Pig/Jim Beam/Booker's/Four Roses bottlings. If you tend to prefer the blantons/BT/Maker's Mark/Weller bottlings...you're a high wheat guy too.

And that's actually not a bad price for the Boss Hog...cheapest I've ever seen it in the wild is $400.
Definitely a high wheat guy here. We've got all kinds of Whistle Pig offerings around for much less than that. That was just one of the higher end bottles they keep behind the counter.

It was good nothing to write home about not worth the $100. IMO. Little more bite than I expected with the Proof (46% ABV), even after sitting in a glass for over an hour it still had that proof taste of north of 100. Little caramel and fruity notes but nothing over powering.
I like the whistle pig, (Named Franken Rye) it is a single barrel, If I remember we paid $90. to me a better value. But I'm somewhat a neophyte and and still learning/ experimenting. I really liked the Wellers 107 Antique I opened on Thanksgiving with me son in law. I like the Angels Envy Rye and BT, Eagle rare, Jefferson's blended, and Smooth Ambler are good. to me. Bourbon taste may stem from my aversions to IPA beer.

Boss Hog is their
Not quite on the level of you liquor snobs since I personally think green label evan williams cant be beat, but the guys at rr ironworks just gave me this for xmas. Will have to drink it while driving to tx tonight. View attachment 363798
prefer black label Evan Williams here...

Funny story. Johnny Walker Blue is the drink of choice of Jerry Jones

Back